SimRacn | Offical Support Thread

Thought it might be better to give these their own thread instead of in Will's until i can get my web site up and running. Right now the lead time has been avg about 8 weeks. Working on getting that back down a bit.

Possibly other wheels as well. i have the bolt circle dimensions for the chilicoke adapter, ECCI has a couple of different sizes, but not hard to work with. If you have the bolt hole circle size, i can make a wheel to fit it.

Effective Feb 5th 2011 I have had to raise prices due to costs.

Are you looking for a custom wheel for your G25 / G27 steering wheel to make your racing easier and more immersive? I have various styles and sizes of custom plexiglass wheels to do just that. The pictures are of standard wheels, but the button placement can be moved around to accommodate your preferences. The number of button, switch and encoder pockets can also be adjusted to your preference. Wheel bodies are painted gloss black with clear grips unless specified otherwise.. All wheel prices are for the wheels alone, it does NOT include any electronics. Electronics are sold seperately, I purchase them from Leo Bodnar and install upon request. I can get less expensive buttons as an option, but are not the quality of Leo's knitter buttons. One other option is 3D Carbon Fiber vinyl overlay. Another is airbrushed designs. The 3D CF and custom airbrushing are at additional costs.
I can also make the wheels so that they will fit with the chilicoke adapter.

The standard formula wheels are 10 5/8" wide (270mm), can be increased to 11 1/4" wide (286mm) at no extra charge. At this time the styles are Formula, Redbull type with a display, Redbull type without a display, Williams style, Le Mans style and an open bottom formula style. These wheels can be pocketed for either an sli-m or sli-pro type board.

GT style wheels are 12 5/8" wide (320mm)

14" diameter round wheels. (smaller diameter upon request, Pricing upon request)

Various styles of plates to go behind or on top of a wheel. Two are 3/4" (19.05mm) thick plates, the other is a 1" (25.4mm) pocketed plate for the stock g25 wheel. The wheel sits down inside a cutout with the button, switch and display raised up. The pocketed plates also have a back on them to hide the electonics.

Average completion time is 3-4 weeks from date of order. If finished sooner, it will be shipped upon receipt of any balance due.

1. Open top basic wheel = $150.00 US
2. GT style = $175.00 US
3. 14" round (oval racing) = $170.00 US
4. all Formula style = $250.00 US This includes the Redbull type, Williams style, and open bottom style
5. Redbull w/no display = $225.00 US
6. SLI-M or Pro plate = $65.00 US
7. Pocketed plates = $125.00 US (flat topped this style 100.00 US)
8. Shipping and Handling = $20.00 US except for the larger 14" wheel, that is $25.00

International, overnight or express shipments at current rates. International shipping has been averaging $50.00 US, will quote prior to order.

PARTS;
Parts for the pro board,
12 knitter buttons, 4 rotary switches, 2 push type rotary encoders, wiring harness and shipping from Leo Bodnar.
Prices avg about 350.00-360.00 US depending on exchange rate.

Parts for the M board,
2 push type rotary encoders, 10 knitter buttons.
Prices avg about 216.00 US

Wiring service = $55.00 US
ADD-ONS
on/off/on momentary toggle switch = $8.00
3d Carbon Fiber vinyl = $35.00 US
purple led's w/chrome holder = $4.00
Color coded knobs = $4.00 US each plus shipping if bought seperate. color choices are Red, White, Blue, Green and Yellow.

If you have a design shape you like that is different than what is shown, I will try to work with you to come to an agreeable similarity so as not to copy the original design. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to ask them. My philosophy is that the only stupid question is the one that is not asked.

Email contact is simracn@gmail.com Paypal payment info upon request and order.

Attachments

• Formula II.jpg
    Formula II.jpg
    147.1 KB · Views: 689
  • Pocketed Pro plate.jpg
    Pocketed Pro plate.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 2,930
  • GT Style with blk grip and plate.jpg
    GT Style with blk grip and plate.jpg
    142.5 KB · Views: 671
  • Formula open bottom.jpg
    Formula open bottom.jpg
    38.7 KB · Views: 561
  • Momo plate.jpg
    Momo plate.jpg
    134.1 KB · Views: 791
  • Wheel Styles.jpg
    Wheel Styles.jpg
    138.6 KB · Views: 697
After a number of months in waiting, finally getting to this one. anyone recognize it? :) This is just the MDF test run, the real one is on the table.

my lead times may be a bit long at this time, but that is mainly due to working a 4 day 10 hour night job which leaves me little time during the week to work on them.
As mentioned on me web site, if you have an idea, i can probably do it ;-)

Attachments

• 2012-07-23 00.03.41-1.jpg
    2012-07-23 00.03.41-1.jpg
    66.2 KB · Views: 529
Upvote 0
Here is my newest creation, if your looking for a unique wheel, this is it! This is an example of bringing an idea to life.

Attached is a rendering from my cut program. It is a 12" wheel, which is just over 300mm in diameter. It would come with an adapter for your system that would mount from the back so no holes in the front.
Price will be $350.00, that includes custom painting of the skull. Grips can be clear, or your choice of color.
Suede or Alcantara wrap would be an additional $250.00.

If you have other ideas, please contact me so we can discuss it. simracn@gmail.com Skull wheel.jpg

Upvote 0
Wanted to add this...

There is room on the back to place a BU0836 board for buttons. Buttons could be placed on the webs by the thumbs or added to the sides. Could also work in a sli-m board, and possibly have the led rev lights in the flame tips. Could make it an open top style, its up to you to how far you would like to go.

Upvote 0
This year I am offering a wheel based on the Red Bull RB3. This will be mounted from behind, so no holes
in the front!!!!!! It will have a standard configuration, 4 rotary switches, 2 rotary encoders, 11 buttons and 1 toggle. I will be using the SLI-PRO board. It also includes a back plate for a nice clean look.

It will come with the carbon fiber wrap and Alcantara or suede wrap grips. If you do not want the Alcantara or suede wrap , you can deduct $150. An adapter for your system will be included. Shipping will be $25 to anywhere. You can also add paddles for the
sale price of $100, normally $125.

The sale price is $900. Normal retail is $1,120. Wait time is about 6 months. Due to this, I am willing to make payment
arrangements. Contact me regarding the time frame of payments.

If you have any questions, please email me at simracn@gmail.com.

Thanks for looking!

I will be adding a render of the wheel in the next few days.

Charlie V.

Here is the link to the real version: http://finemodelcars.com/hi-res/hi_res_store/Full%...ull%20RB3%20swheel%20front.JPG

Upvote 0
A view of the back. RB3 Back.jpg And one of the adapters that will be available. RB3 Adapter.jpg And the front panels that fit in the areas on the front of the wheel noted by the lines on the face. RB3 Panels.jpg

Upvote 0

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 245 15.0%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 166 10.2%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 161 9.8%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 122 7.5%
  • < 5 years