SimRacn | Offical Support Thread

Thought it might be better to give these their own thread instead of in Will's until i can get my web site up and running. Right now the lead time has been avg about 8 weeks. Working on getting that back down a bit.

Possibly other wheels as well. i have the bolt circle dimensions for the chilicoke adapter, ECCI has a couple of different sizes, but not hard to work with. If you have the bolt hole circle size, i can make a wheel to fit it.

Effective Feb 5th 2011 I have had to raise prices due to costs.

Are you looking for a custom wheel for your G25 / G27 steering wheel to make your racing easier and more immersive? I have various styles and sizes of custom plexiglass wheels to do just that. The pictures are of standard wheels, but the button placement can be moved around to accommodate your preferences. The number of button, switch and encoder pockets can also be adjusted to your preference. Wheel bodies are painted gloss black with clear grips unless specified otherwise.. All wheel prices are for the wheels alone, it does NOT include any electronics. Electronics are sold seperately, I purchase them from Leo Bodnar and install upon request. I can get less expensive buttons as an option, but are not the quality of Leo's knitter buttons. One other option is 3D Carbon Fiber vinyl overlay. Another is airbrushed designs. The 3D CF and custom airbrushing are at additional costs.
I can also make the wheels so that they will fit with the chilicoke adapter.

The standard formula wheels are 10 5/8" wide (270mm), can be increased to 11 1/4" wide (286mm) at no extra charge. At this time the styles are Formula, Redbull type with a display, Redbull type without a display, Williams style, Le Mans style and an open bottom formula style. These wheels can be pocketed for either an sli-m or sli-pro type board.

GT style wheels are 12 5/8" wide (320mm)

14" diameter round wheels. (smaller diameter upon request, Pricing upon request)

Various styles of plates to go behind or on top of a wheel. Two are 3/4" (19.05mm) thick plates, the other is a 1" (25.4mm) pocketed plate for the stock g25 wheel. The wheel sits down inside a cutout with the button, switch and display raised up. The pocketed plates also have a back on them to hide the electonics.

Average completion time is 3-4 weeks from date of order. If finished sooner, it will be shipped upon receipt of any balance due.

1. Open top basic wheel = $150.00 US
2. GT style = $175.00 US
3. 14" round (oval racing) = $170.00 US
4. all Formula style = $250.00 US This includes the Redbull type, Williams style, and open bottom style
5. Redbull w/no display = $225.00 US
6. SLI-M or Pro plate = $65.00 US
7. Pocketed plates = $125.00 US (flat topped this style 100.00 US)
8. Shipping and Handling = $20.00 US except for the larger 14" wheel, that is $25.00

International, overnight or express shipments at current rates. International shipping has been averaging $50.00 US, will quote prior to order.

PARTS;
Parts for the pro board,
12 knitter buttons, 4 rotary switches, 2 push type rotary encoders, wiring harness and shipping from Leo Bodnar.
Prices avg about 350.00-360.00 US depending on exchange rate.

Parts for the M board,
2 push type rotary encoders, 10 knitter buttons.
Prices avg about 216.00 US

Wiring service = $55.00 US
ADD-ONS
on/off/on momentary toggle switch = $8.00
3d Carbon Fiber vinyl = $35.00 US
purple led's w/chrome holder = $4.00
Color coded knobs = $4.00 US each plus shipping if bought seperate. color choices are Red, White, Blue, Green and Yellow.

If you have a design shape you like that is different than what is shown, I will try to work with you to come to an agreeable similarity so as not to copy the original design. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to ask them. My philosophy is that the only stupid question is the one that is not asked.

Email contact is simracn@gmail.com Paypal payment info upon request and order.

Attachments

• Formula II.jpg
    Formula II.jpg
    147.1 KB · Views: 689
  • Pocketed Pro plate.jpg
    Pocketed Pro plate.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 2,931
  • GT Style with blk grip and plate.jpg
    GT Style with blk grip and plate.jpg
    142.5 KB · Views: 671
  • Formula open bottom.jpg
    Formula open bottom.jpg
    38.7 KB · Views: 561
  • Momo plate.jpg
    Momo plate.jpg
    134.1 KB · Views: 791
  • Wheel Styles.jpg
    Wheel Styles.jpg
    138.6 KB · Views: 697
looks very good in your setup Leigh! And thank you for the compliments, I try to treat how i would like to be :)

Until i can get an answer or Leo's site comes back up, I cannot order and install any more electronics, so that kinda puts a bit of a hold on everything.

Dimebag, on the first page is a list of things as they are now with prices and such to give you an idea of what looking at.

Upvote 0
Hello all, over the past few months have been doing research and time analysis on the manufacturing of the wheels. after looking at that info, i have found i need to raise my prices to cover the costs and time involved. I take great pride in making these, and this covers the designing of each wheel, as each one is custom for the person involved, and the manufacturing time. There is very little actual machine time, as they are about 90% hand finished.

thank you for understanding.

Upvote 0
  • Deleted member 17730

Thanks for the update Charlie.

I was wondering does this only apply to the wheels or the plates as well?

Upvote 0
Second generation of wheel plate by CV. 1st pic the two new added top bottom encoders buttons are pretty close to the wheel spoke, Lucky they are raised up due to the longer center post of the encoders and they work clearing the spoke. 2nd pic just to show NO more wiring mess behind the plate...:D. Plate is routed out with a back plate. I wished I would have gotten some shrink wrap instead of using elect tape to hold the two sets of wiring exiting from the plate (one for the SLI-Pro USB and the other for the FREX Seg shifter attached to the SLI-Pro).

DSCN0183.jpg

DSCN0184.jpg

2ndgenplateF.jpg

2ndgenplateback.jpg

Upvote 0
Tinker, those router marks look like it was done on a CNC machine. I need one of those things :) Would someone have the mechanical plans/drawings for the SLI-Pro and SLI-M to make sure the holes, dimensions and proportions are correct? Getting a perfect fit isn't easy without the exact dimensions.

d

Upvote 0
I tried before in cutting out the holes for the SLI-Pro and SLI-M and came out with a mess. Really need a CnC cutter to get the perfect cuts. I just found it easier to get Charlie to do it since his pricing is very reasonable for a plate and CF film, not counting the material, time and effort I would have to put into doing it if I even could do it.

Upvote 0
well folks, some sad news......

due to circumstances here my wife and i are needing a change of location. With that said, i can no longer take any further orders. I am finishing all the wheels i do currently have orders for and should be finished by the end of march. Nothing set in stone yet, but we do need to make a change of location.
I do not know yet if i will be able to continue making wheels where we end up as of yet. I plan on getting to where i can, so hopefully all is not lost. I am also finishing the test wheel, so there will still be the review on it.
Looking in the upstate NY area around the Pa border west of binghamton.

I have a lot of ideas for further improvments and hopefully with the relocation can find somewhere that will allow the r&d and improvements for a wider spectrum of racers.

If any other news, will keep informed. Thank you all for your interest and support. I really hope i can continue once re settled.
I have had a lot of fun making them and hope those that have purchased will have years of racing with them. my email will still be the same, so i will be able to be contacted if there are any questions concerning wheels that ppl have bought. not going to leave anyone hanging if they have any problems.

Upvote 0
That really is sad news!

I wish you all the very best in your relocation, and dont rush yourself back into making the wheels. Get yourself all settled in first :)

Dont be a stranger to the forums though, please.

Upvote 0
Hope everything works out for you and your wife. Your wheels and SLI PRO plate have made my simracing experience that much more immersive. And your customer service is top notch! Best of luck Charlie! :)

Upvote 0
Updated back side cables. Two cables lead into the plate to the SLI-Pro. The coiled one is the one is a mini USB that connects and powers all the SLI-Pro stuff, the one with the mini stereo jack is to connect the FREX seq shifter to the SLI-Pro. So I have to connect the USB to an extender USB cable to reach the PC and then "jack" in the shifter connection.
DSCN0186.jpg

Upvote 0
An update on whats going on for folks.

Looks like not moving out of state, just closer to my work here which solves a few things. Will deffinately be able to continue making wheels. With that being said, as long as things work out correctly i am hoping to be able to start taking orders around mid to late April.
I still have the customers am finishing up, and I also need to get my web site going. If anyone reading this can, or knows of someone that could help, it would be greatly appreciated and possibility is there to work out a deal with a wheel setup also.

And many thanks to all who have sent well wishes for my move.

Upvote 0
Thanks George! :) looks like moving the middle of this month, and have had a cpl other curveballs thrown at us as well. slave cylinder in my 2000 eclipse and wife to hospital today. She is ok and back home, but a little wake up call.

oh, and am working with a fellow made a wheel for on a web site, so should be good to go there as well.

Upvote 0
hehehe, was never 'leaving' was just a possible away period while getting set back up again, but things worked out to stay here locally. So now its get all the old orders finished, move, get the web site setup and all the files cleaned up and reorganized, then start takign orders again :)

Upvote 0
hehehe, was never 'leaving' was just a possible away period while getting set back up again, but things worked out to stay here locally. So now its get all the old orders finished, move, get the web site setup and all the files cleaned up and reorganized, then start takign orders again :)

Excellent news for all i`m sure :)

Now stop posting on here, pull your finger out and get it all finished off! ;)

Upvote 0

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 313 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 215 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 211 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 157 7.7%
  • < 5 years