SimRacing Modding Roundup - November 2016 - Assetto Corsa Edition

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Assetto Corsa Modding Roundup.png

Month two of our Sim Racing Modding Roundup comeback article feature is here again, this time having a look at what's hot in the world of Assetto Corsa community created content. In this edition we showcase a nice variety of classic road and race cars, some iconic Formula One machinery and a little known low powered open wheel racer that packs more than a little punch!

I would again like to take this opportunity to remind you that in no way do RaceDepartment endorse these mods or take any responsibility whatsoever for any issues caused by downloading these files. The idea behind the articles is rather simple, to help throw light on some of the wonderful community content created for our favourite racing simulators. If you feel we have missed out some "must have" content, or want to draw my attention to a project you are working on, please feel free to drop me a PM or leave a message in the comments section below….

Assetto Corsa Mercedes 190 RM1 V8.jpg

Mercedes 190 RM1 V8 JUDD 1.0
Title
: Assetto Corsa
Category: Cars / Hillclimb
Download Link - HERE
Latest Release: 24/11/2016
Credits: See download link
An interesting new addition to the Assetto Corsa stable of vehicles, eboo and co bring the rather epic looking Mercedes 190 RM1 Hill Climb machine to the simulation. Backed up with a super powerful Judd V8 engine for maximum grunt out of corners and up the hills, the Mercedes is a very well rounded modification already, despite still requiring some further attention to detail with regards to the physics. Handling is very nicely done, sound is impressive and the 3d modelling has been completed to a very high standard. An interesting car for a niche within the sim racing community and well worthy of a download.

Assetto Corsa Avia AE2.jpg

Avia AE2 1.0.3
Title
Category: Cars / Open Wheel
Download Link - HERE
Latest Release: 07/09/2016
Another excellent Formula Easter open wheel racer from jurik1984 and co, the AE2 is another outstanding little low power racing car with some very engaging driving characteristics. Well rounded in all departments, this scratch built mod runs on the latest Assetto Corsa version 10 tyre model and is another very worthy addition to the sim. With many of the big sims featuring all the "usual" cars and tracks, it feels incredibly refreshing to find such little known vehicles as the AE2 being built to a this high a standard by the community. Perfect for the smaller tracks in AC, this is yet another great addition to the sim.

Assetto Corsa Ferrari 643.jpg

Ferrari 643 - 1991 (by ASR Formula) 1.0
Title
Category: Cars / Formula One
Download Link - HERE
Latest Release: 16/11/2016
Quite simply one of the most aesthetically stunning Formula One cars in the history of the sport, the Ferrari 643 from 1991 makes its bow in Assetto Corsa courtesy of the ASR Formula Modding Group. The car is a first release for Assetto Corsa after a distinguished release history in rFactor 2, the Ferrari 643 has been reproduced for the sim in absolutely exceptional fashion. Visually astounding in its attention to detail, with sounds that genuinely capture the spirit of that fierce Ferrari V12 (arguably one of the finest sounding engines ever), this is, without even the smallest room for doubt, an absolutely essential download for anyone with even the slightest interest in Formula One cars. Truly exceptional and I can't wait to see how the other F1 releases shape up from the group.

Assetto Corsa Porsche 550A Spyder.jpg

Porsche 550A Spyder 1.0
Title
Category: Cars / Historic
Download Link - HERE
Latest Release: 15/11/2016
You can never have enough Porsche's now can you? Ensyuya and Patrice Cote certainly don't think so with their release of the 1956 era Porsche 550A for Assetto Corsa. Lovingly built and brought to the sim, the 550A looks and feels wonderful in the game. Believable (and enjoyable) physics compliment the very high quality 3d modelling perfectly. To bring this mod into the very top tier of community creations the car could benefit from further attention in the sound department, however this does not distract greatly from the overall experience. The Porsche 550A is a wonderfully entertaining car to drive and a perfect match for racers with a taste for the old school racing experience.

Assetto Corsa Honda S800 Cabriolet.jpg

Honda S800 Cabriolet 0.9b
Title
Category: Cars / Road
Download Link - HERE
Latest Release: 12/11/2016
Another old school car produced to the high standards one would expect from A3DR, the Honda S800 Cabriolet is already at a very very high standard, despite its 0.9b build status. With exceptional attention to detail once again lavished on this mod, the car really does look first rate when out on the track. Still awaiting additional attention to the gear shift animation and bespoke sounds, this car is already a long way towards a fully polished product. The Honda S800 offers up an entertaining drive that requires a keen attention to maintaining momentum, this is yet another fantastic download for fans of the older style of vehicle. With further development promised, and a potential coupe model in the works, this is indeed a mod to keep an eye on. A must download.

Assetto Corsa Grand Tour EbolaDrome.jpg

The Grand Tour 'EbolaDrome' 1.3
Title: Assetto Corsa
Category: Tracks / Temporary
Download Link - HERE
Latest Release: 20/11/2016
Possibly one of the quickest releasing pieces of content in gaming history, Tyrone has brought the brand new 'The Grand Tour' test track to Assetto Corsa, direct from the new TV series featuring former Top Gear trio Jeremy Clarkson, Richard Hammond and James May. Ok so the track looks to be in an early stage of development, but simply having the track in game already is truly outstanding. Further development has been promised to work on some of the sub optimal textures displayed in the current build, however at this early stage the mod already looks highly promising.

Assetto Corsa Pacific Coast.jpg

Pacific Coast 0.367
Title
Category: Tracks / Road
Download Link - HERE
Latest Release: 24/09/2016
An immense 23km long stretch of open coastal road modelled on the real Cape San Martin to the San Carpoforo Valley in California, this current release is the south route only with a further north route to be added in the very near future - however it already looks visually outstanding. Beautiful scenery and entertaining corners make up a rather unique track to sample some of the many cars in Assetto Corsa (I'm thinking Cobra...), this is a lovely creation that is well worth a try. With spaces for 24 cars, working timing and AI, this mod is already looking very good despite being granted only a build 0.367 status. The current issues have been acknowledged by track author Phoenix77 and are scheduled to receive attention in future updates. Already a great track that looks like it could very well become epic very soon.

Assetto Corsa Mote Erice.jpg

Monte Erice (Sicily, Italy) 0.85
Title
Category: Tracks / Rally
Download Link - HERE
Latest Release: 21/12/2016
SIM TRAXX have released yet another visually attractive rally location for Assetto Corsa, this time bringing beta build 0.85 of the Italian Monte Erice location in Sicily. Both Hill Climb and Downhill versions are included in the download, with further optimizations and improvements already in the pipeline as the team build up to a version 1 release in the future. Well advanced in its current development, the Monte Erice track is a really nice edition to the sim and has the potential to join the ranks of one of the best rally locations in Assetto Corsa. A very nice start, with more still to come.

RaceDepartment have our very own Assetto Corsa Modding Discussion forum, a location where community members can share progress on the latest mods, download new content and interact and ask questions about the world of mod creation in Assetto Corsa. Check out the Assetto Corsa Modding Forum for details and take a look at our general Assetto Corsa forum where you will find all the latest news items and community discussion topics.

Please can I take this opportunity to ask you, the community, to help improve other users experiences when downloading a mod at RaceDepartment? If you download a mod here at RD please consider testing and taking the time to leave a rating and comment so the author and other community members can see opinions on how each mod is developing. Just five minutes of your time for each download you make can go a long way towards helping others make informed decisions, and helps add to the general awesomeness that is the RaceDepartment mods section! Thank you...

Catch our October edition here in case you missed it earlier. Some pretty epic stuff to have a look at...

Oh and one last reminder... RaceDepartment hold regular club racing events in Assetto Corsa using a variety of content found in game. Check out the AC Racing Club for details and how to join in the action. Its fast and fun and easily one of the best ways to get the most out of your game. YOU people make our clubs what they are, so get stuck in and join up for some races today and lets go have some fun!

Did you enjoy our modding round up? Spot any interesting content we missed? Have a particular favourite in our list? Let’s discuss in the comments section below...

Last edited:
Please can I take this opportunity to ask you, the community, to help improve other users experiences when downloading a mod at RaceDepartment? If you download a mod here at RD please consider testing and taking the time to leave a rating and comment so the author and other community members can see opinions on how each mod is developing. Just five minutes of your time for each download you make can go a long way towards helping others make informed decisions, and helps add to the general awesomeness that is the RaceDepartment mods section! Thank you...

^^ this :)

As a content creator I wholeheartedly agree. We read the reviews and appreciate all of them. If they're positive, that's nice to hear. And if we've made a mistake or something needs work, that's nice to hear too. There comes a time in every mod's life where its creators need to step back and collect some fresh opinions.

@Paul Jeffrey
Thanks for the mention mate, I'm flattered to be included amongst such high quality mods. Just for the record though, the latest release was on the 21st November... There will be an update coming soon... hopefully (if my 3D skills can manage) a Gas Station gathering point at each end of the track, along the lines of the very first Test Drive game... with a 24 car parking lot behind. As this is my first track, it's a little slow going though... Wish me luck lol

Last edited:
Your tracks are legend mate. Two of the best ever and I am certain that I am not the only one waiting with anticipation on what you may be doing next.
Some will be happy but some won't with the next track. I needed a change of pace and Lidar data is so cool to work with. I've posted a few things about it in the "What are you working on" thread.

The next project after that will likely make many people happy. I should be ready to announce that after the new year.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back