SimRacing Modding Roundup - April 2016 - Assetto Corsa Edition

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Assetto Corsa Mods Roundup - April 2016.jpg

Sim racing on PC is well known for its highly vibrant modding scene with talented individuals and groups working tirelessly to create exquisite pieces of content for some of our favourite titles... and (almost) always for free to the community!

Here at RaceDepartment we are big fans of modding our most favourite sim(s) and have decided to drop together a semi regular feature detailing some of the great work released in the past month or well on its way to gracing our sim racing machines in the coming weeks.

When I first started writing this piece I had the intention of putting everything together in one article but I've found myself staggered at the number of different mods available to download and released these past few weeks. So much so that it looks like I'm going to have to create a post for each sim :) Don't we live in great times folks... :D

So here you have it, a little (none) exhaustive round up of interesting recent releases for Assetto Corsa!

Now a little disclaimer:

First and foremost I can't guarantee I'll pick up everything nor does this article act as a recommendation on quality. I'll try my best to pick the best and give a thorough roundup of what's out and about but please do feel free to drop me a PM if you see anything you think should be included in the next round up...

So, lets have a look see what's new and what's hot:

AC Rally Legends Mod .png

Rally Legends Mod - Ford Fiesta RS WRC v1.0
Title: Assetto Corsa
Category: Cars / Rally
Download Link - HERE
Latest Release: 11/04/2016
Credits: See download link

Featuring both tarmac and gravel specification variants this interesting mod created for Assetto Corsa brings to life one of the modern WRC masterpieces and is complimented with a selection of skins and further links provided to various stages for use in game.

AC Veloce GTS-8.jpg

Velcoe GTS-8
Category: Cars / Street
Download Link - HERE
Latest Release: 10/04/2016

Stunningly recreated the Velcoe GTS-8 has been a 10 year labour of love using real values and produced in great detail for Assetto Corsa. The little known Velcoe GTS-8 is a 170mph 500HP V8 designed for fun and driving thrills. Already receiving rave reviews this could well be considered a "must have" download for Assetto Corsa.

AC Ginetta G55 GT4.jpg

Ginetta G55 GT4
Category: Cars / Race
Download Link - HERE
Latest Release: 18/03/2016

The Ginetta marque was formed by British entrepreneur Lawrence Tomlinson and is based in the north on England in Leeds. Prominent in British motorsport the G55 is a staple support vehicle in the popular British Touring Car TOCA support package. In recent seasons the G55 GT4 was born and has entered numerous GT racing series around the world.
This recreation for Assetto Corsa benefits from advice and information directly from Ginetta with sounds provided by Fonsecker. This version of the car accurately reproduces the 2015 specification G55 GT4.

AC Riverside International Raceway 0.6.jpg

Riverside International Raceway 0.6 WIP
Category: Tracks / Permanent
Download Link - HERE

Featuring Long, Short, and NASCAR layouts the scratch built Riverside International Raceway has been recreated based on the 1988 version of the track and utilises a combination of topo maps, aerial photos and video footage.
Despite WIP status this track addition to Assetto Corsa is already at an impressive stage and promises to become a top quality addition to the title.

AC Lake Louise V2.0.png

Lake Louise 2.0
Category: Tracks / Road
Download Link -
HERE
Latest Release: 11/03/2016

Simply epic. This could very easily be considered one of the finest non official tracks to ever grace Assetto Corsa... With a ridiculously long 23km of winding mountainous roads to enjoy and stunning visuals Lake Louise is an incredibly enjoyable drive in the various road and race cars found in Assetto Corsa. Featuring 8 different variations of the track Lake Louise offers something for everyone to enjoy.

AC Fuji Short V2.0.jpg

Fuji Short Course V2.0
Download Link -
HERE

Often frustrating occasionally satisfying and always producing great racing Japan's Fuji Speedway is one of the Land of the Rising Sun's major motorsport destinations and holds many high profile racing events.
Updated to meet Assetto Corsa standards with permissions from the original rFactor track creators the short version of Fuji makes its way to Assetto Corsa as an ideal candidate for low powered wheel to wheel racing and should make a fine addition to the game.

AC YZ West Drift Circuit.jpg

YZ West Drift Circuit
Category: Tracks / Drift
Download Link -
HERE
Latest Release: 04/04/2016

Another very high quality rFactor conversion YZ West is a drifting track based in Japan with a series of corners designed to get the most from the latest drifting machines. With space for 25 pit boxes and all the usual enhancements to bring the circuit to Assetto Corsa standards this track is another fine example of a drifters paradise.

If you are working on a mod for any of the main sim racing titles on PC please drop me a PM if you wish to discuss and have a feature written here on RD. I can't guarantee we will feature your mod but I would be very interested to hear (and share) what projects are being worked on at present.

In the coming weeks and months I intend to run a series of interviews with race sim modders and would also love to hear from any of you who would be interested in participating in an interview with RD. Again drop me a PM with some details and we can discuss...

Have a look through our Assetto Corsa Mods section right here on RaceDepartment for a wide variety of apps / skins / cars / tracks and miscellaneous files to enhance your enjoyment of Kunos Simulazioni's premium racing simulator.

EDIT: I promised myself I wouldn't do this but when I checked this out I simply couldn't not include it..

AC Tor Poznan.jpg

Tor Poznan
Download Link -
HERE
Latest Release: 24/03/2016

It's a mod... and its laserscanned!!!! Seriously, LASERSCANNED! I've not (yet) personally tried this track in game but the images look outstanding and by sheer fact that the modder behind this project has gone to the trouble to produce a laserscanned version of the circuit is simply mind blowing.
This alone is evidence to prove that our little sim racing community is quite simply outstanding...

Have you enjoyed our AC mods roundup? Do you know of any mods for AC or any other sim you think we should feature? What mod do you enjoy playing? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
EDIT 12/4/16 @ 12:42pm.

Added Tor Poznan. I really didn't want to get into the whole you missed this / should of added that type debate but when @Wedge pointed me in the direction of this track (that somehow I'd totally missed off the radar) I just couldn't resist :)

Laserscanned!!! (insert swear word to adequately describe my level of shock and impressed).

Seriously, I really love sim racing and all those that make stuff happen in my favourite pass time :)

Top stuff and thanks for the heads up Wedge... :thumbsup:

Always nice to see them good modders get some really well deserved attention for all their time and hard work that they put in for free of charge. PC Master Race, more like PC Selfless Race. :p

Only 70% of all mods are crap in the AC-scene. ...sadly...not on rd cause you dont allow stolen mods (thank God!), but in general. ...cheapa$$ forza 4 stolen mods with crap physics and bugs all over. I think there are 5-10 premium mods since 1.0 release. Mazda 787, cobra, Honda NSX.....The Veloce!

Nice article Paul.

It's great to see the top modders getting their efforts picked up and adopted by developers as official content. Given the time spent on the best mods today it must be nice to see their names in the credits.

I love the WRC mod for AC. I just wish Kunos would properly support loose surface, although maybe they are saving that for AC2?

Thanks for the nice words guys, appreciate it :)

It's a very nice feeling to be able to give credit and promotion to some of these excellent mods created by the many talented people who make this happen.

However I must stress once again, I'm sure loads of quality mods exist that i simply can't fit in one article so please please please do drop me a PM if you come across something that you think would be valuable to add in our next update... in a way I was reluctant to do this piece as I didn’t want anyone to feel left out if I couldn’t fit it in on the piece. Trust me, if its not included in this one it has no reflection of the quality of the content, it’s just I have a limit on the number of images / words and time to write :D

So yeah, if it’s looking and playing good.. let me know and I'll see what we can do :D

If it rounded up every major AC mod then you'd be here for a while and probably have major RSI which would be regrettable. This would be a nice thing to do every quarter though. Maybe you can rotate between a game each month.

Last edited:
I'm not really a fan of car mods in any game tbh but in terms of scratch build tracks for AC there's a handful that actually stay on my drive

Paul Ricard stands out a mile in terms of quality, along with Bridgehampton, Baskerville and Donington Park

Riverside and Tor Poznan you already mentioned and there's a few up and coming like Misano and VIR, outside of them there's not a lot I really bother with

We (few pioneer modders) did Riverside conversions for Simbin GTL/GTR2/Race07 and rFactor about 10 years ago, is this new AC version laser scanned (track does not exist anymore so its not) or just cheap conversion of our work. Quality is great no questions but no permission asked. Just asking not blame anybody yet. Who did this AC version?

We (few pioneer modders) did Riverside conversions for Simbin GTL/GTR2/Race07 and rFactor about 10 years ago, is this new AC version laser scanned (track does not exist anymore so its not) or just cheap conversion of our work. Quality is great no questions but no permission asked. Just asking not blame anybody yet. Who did this AC version?

It's a scratch build by Lilski, nothing cheap about it, even at this stage it's top quality

"This is my second, scratch built, track for AC and is what I believe to be the most accurate version of Riverside to date. Many hours have been spent to re-create this great track as close to the original as possible. A combination of topo maps, aerial photos, and hours and hours of video have been used to bring this track back to life. It is roughly modeled as if it was 1988 during the final Budweiser 400. Three layouts are included which are the Long, Short, and NASCAR layouts."

It is scratch build by me for AC so no permission is needed. No part of any other version was used to make this version. Other than a few textures (which I already have permission for) this track is 100% by me and me alone (oh and cams are by norbs). You should know this as you have posted in my thread in the AC forums.

It is scratch build by me for AC so no permission is needed. No part of any other version was used to make this version. Other than a few textures (which I already have permission for) this track is 100% by me and me alone (oh and cams are by norbs). You should know this as you have posted in my thread in the AC forums.
Cant remember everything that's why I asked but now I remember that, thanks. Track is very nice to drive lets see how it feels in AC :)

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 352 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 245 10.9%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 241 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 177 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 300 13.3%