SimRacing in 2077

Crossing fingers for driving wheel and forcefeedback support in Cyberpunk 2077 :D.

And as musician-sound engineer i was really amazed with the incredible work in all the music-audio related stuff CPR do for The Witcher 3, they put huge love and effort in every little detail. If they keep the same quality levels ( watching the video looks like "hell yeah"), the sound experience gonna be simply breathtaking :D... and at same point the level of "i hate the AC car sounds with all my soul" gonna grow to insanity levels.

Regards.

Sim Racers in 2077:

"The trees are bad"
"3D Grass isn't 3D enough"
"The Cars don't drive like they should in Real Life even though I've never driven one in Real Life"
"The Tire Model Sucks!"
"These Daily Development Roadmap Updates need more information"
"DLC is waaaay too expensive"
"iRacing Charges too much, the Subscription Model won't last"
"There's something wrong with RFactor6 so I need to shout about it"
"Assetto Corsa just past 1Billion Mods"

On a serious note that is impressive what lengths they're going too for CP77, nice stuff.

If RD had a post hall of fame, this should be in it! Hilarious!

Also, trying really hard to figure out if Paul genuinely had not heard of this title or if he's giving us all the wind up!

• Deleted member 963434

i just played mafia remake and i tell yo tey made better simulation than any sim i know, even i played on keyboard as there no wheel support (of course) cars behave more natural to drive there

i just played mafia remake and i tell yo tey made better simulation than any sim i know, even i played on keyboard as there no wheel support (of course) cars behave more natural to drive there
Yes I agree 100%. I too was shocked at how well the cars handle in Mafia 1 remake. The grand prix car was a joy to drive and that race mission was so fun. I was not expecting it in a crime action shooter game.

This is great & all but no component of a game, simulation or not, should harm people in its production. I'd be excited for this game if it weren't for the abuse that the employees of CD Projekt Red experience daily.

This is great & all but no component of a game, simulation or not, should harm people in its production. I'd be excited for this game if it weren't for the abuse that the employees of CD Projekt Red experience daily.
Eh what? Can you provide a source for this?

As far as my informations go, employees of CDPR are treated very well. The company promised that no extra hours would be ordered for cyberpunk but after multiple delays, they had to do it after all.
The company apologized for this and all extra hours are paid.

But maybe German gamestar magazine doesn't have the correct info so please provide a source.

Eh what? Can you provide a source for this?

As far as my informations go, employees of CDPR are treated very well. The company promised that no extra hours would be ordered for cyberpunk but after multiple delays, they had to do it after all.
The company apologized for this and all extra hours are paid.

But maybe German gamestar magazine doesn't have the correct info so please provide a source.

Not sure about rules regarding direct links outside of RD, but Luke Plunkett of kotakuDOTcom on 29/9/20 reported the crunch regarding Cyberpunk 2077.

I didn't provide a source because like I said I'm not sure of the rules but I'll check & provide a direct link if allowed.

EDIT:
Also Eddie Makuch on gamespotDOTcom on 20/1/20 reported 'crunch' for the game.

I think links are fine so the Plunkett Kotaku article: https://kotaku.com/report-cyberpunk-2077-developers-will-be-crunching-de-1845220746

Makuch on Gamespot article: https://www.gamespot.com/articles/cyberpunk-2077-has-been-delayed-but-the-devs-will-/1100-6472839/

Other related articles:

I want to finish by mentioning that just because on paper employees don't have to do the extra hours, their employment & the nature of their work environment is all decided by the people policing them doing these extra hours. This is all with the knowledge that game developer unions don't exist, there are very very very few protections for the employees themselves.

This also means information on this that isn't given by executives is very hard to come by. It's all very well and good the CEO of the studio saying that crunch is optional, we'll avoid it at all costs, but if that isn't reflected on the employee level then it's just PR. Finding out whether it is reflected on the employee level seems to be difficult though, so if you're looking for a source in the last month containing scathing reports and named accusations of both the culprits & victims, I'd be very surprised if you actually find them.

Last edited:
Sim Racers in 2077:

"The trees are bad"
"3D Grass isn't 3D enough"
"The Cars don't drive like they should in Real Life even though I've never driven one in Real Life"
"The Tire Model Sucks!"
"These Daily Development Roadmap Updates need more information"
"DLC is waaaay too expensive"
"iRacing Charges too much, the Subscription Model won't last"
"There's something wrong with RFactor6 so I need to shout about it"
"Assetto Corsa just past 1Billion Mods"

On a serious note that is impressive what lengths they're going too for CP77, nice stuff.

Scawen will still be working on bringing LFS up to 2016 graphical standards by then I'm sure.

The details they put into their fictional vehicles is enough put all the sim-dev to sheer shame.

#FACT

Scawen will still be working on bringing LFS up to 2016 graphical standards by then I'm sure.
Are you sure it is not 2008?

Last edited:
What I really “hate” about this game is the screaming guitars, the awefull music, hardrock or deadmetal or whatever it is called. Makes me wanna throw my tablet out of the window. The game itself looks great and all but the music... the same nasty music as heard in the latest Doom.:thumbsdown:
luckily you can turn it off, at least I presume you can otherwise it is a no buy for me. :D

What I really “hate” about this game is the screaming guitars, the awefull music, hardrock or deadmetal or whatever it is called. Makes me wanna throw my tablet out of the window. The game itself looks great and all but the music... the same nasty music as heard in the latest Doom.:thumbsdown:
luckily you can turn it off, at least I presume you can otherwise it is a no buy for me. :D
what-is-wrong-with-you.jpg

I know it's all subjective but I struggle to rationalise how someone can dislike in any way the last 2 Doom game soundtracks.

Not the best soundtracks of all time (at least for me), but the best metal ones definitely.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 72 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 101 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 141 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 267 27.4%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 388 39.9%