SimRacing in 2077

Seems like ICEs are not going to die in the near future after all.

Often times, if not always, we simracers think that it is developers producing hardcore, high quality simulations, which put the most effort into reproducing the cars that are later going to be added into their roster.

Well, think again.

CD Projekt Red, the developers behind the famous and highly acclaimed Witcher series, seem to have gone the extra mile and put serious efforts into reproducing the rides that are going to be available into their next open-world game, 'Cyberpunk 2077'. I remember that not too long ago, most of the simracing developers were still resorting to pre-recorded clips or in the best of cases just a simple muffled microphone near a vehicle’s exhausts (not to mention those who were rather merely digitally synthesizing their tracks, gulp!) to deliver their audio, which is, in my opinion, the second most important aspect in the driving experience after the physics itself, and here we have instead a studio producing a game that has cars just as a (exquisite) garnish of their core experience putting microphones everywhere inside and outside a motor. Honestly, I think that is really impressive, and the end result looks to be very interesting to say the least.

Of course, Cyberpunk 2077 is going to be an open-world game and not a simracing title in the end but I think that, sometimes, it is useful to acknowledge what others do and the way they excel in their field, to learn and improve in your own. Whether you may like or not this genre of games, as simracers I think we should appreciate the attention and care that CD Projekt Red have put into their vehicles, as they can surely be a source of inspiration for many.

Last edited:
Holy Moly :confused:...why is it that these type of fantasy games get all the good shite :geek::roflmao:...at least I have Raceroom with the best Audio for Sim Racing :inlove:
Looks very interesting, might keep my eye on this one...although probably may not have wheel support since it's not a dedicated racer :(:redface::roflmao:

Last edited:
Sim Racers in 2077:

"The trees are bad"
"3D Grass isn't 3D enough"
"The Cars don't drive like they should in Real Life even though I've never driven one in Real Life"
"The Tire Model Sucks!"
"These Daily Development Roadmap Updates need more information"
"DLC is waaaay too expensive"
"iRacing Charges too much, the Subscription Model won't last"
"There's something wrong with RFactor6 so I need to shout about it"
"Assetto Corsa just past 1Billion Mods"

On a serious note that is impressive what lengths they're going too for CP77, nice stuff.

I don't like the way those cars look. Too edgy with parts all over the place. Like they're Bay's transformers. I mean the game cyberpunk not junkpunk or robopunk. The best car designs for a cyberpunk game would be the good ol' 80s. I like calling those cars "futuretro". Even today the best examples still look like futuristic. Realistic and clean flowing designs with awesome interiors.

Last edited:
I don't like the way those cars look. Too edgy with parts all over the place. Like they're Bay's transformers. I mean the game cyberpunk not junkpunk or robopunk. The best car designs for a cyberpunk game would be the good ol' 80s. I like calling those cars "futuretro". Even today the best examples still look like futuristic. Realistic and clean flowing designs with awesome interiors.
All edgy, like all the flips, flaps, and flow-finagling bits on today's F1 cars. :unsure:

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 78 7.0%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 122 10.9%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 163 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 308 27.5%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 443 39.6%