Simracing.GP | New Features, New Tools And New Users In Latest Press Release

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know this is against the spirit of Simracing.GP, but could results against only AI drivers be used, to create offline championships?

c5wne

XPLR Founder
Premium
My community has been using SGP for a few month's now and form my point of view it has been an absolute god send.

Before SGP i had to create forms, spreadsheets, update results etc etc. Then setup the server every week for said race. Some organisers have used or still do use the above method and know how much time this takes.

With SGP i now have none of the above to worry about as everything is fully automated, the hardest part for me now is creating the championship & adding the events, which in theory takes all of 30mins.

Keep up the good work guys & roll on 2021.

VernWozza

Staff
Premium
My community has been using SGP for a few month's now and form my point of view it has been an absolute god send.

Before SGP i had to create forms, spreadsheets, update results etc etc. Then setup the server every week for said race. Some organisers have used or still do use the above method and know how much time this takes.

With SGP i now have none of the above to worry about as everything is fully automated, the hardest part for me now is creating the championship & adding the events, which in theory takes all of 30mins.

Keep up the good work guys & roll on 2021.
Thanks for the kind words Craig. It's an honor having your community on the platform.

Arconian

Premium
Berlin, DE
It reminds me of the old good days when race2play was alive. Back then it was the only possibility for me to get a decent online racing without committing for participation in a league. I hope we'll have something like that also with SGP and the community will be big enough for almost 24/7 race schedules. Keep up the great work guys!

G-Slev

Rubbish Racer & Amateur Motorsport Photographer
Premium
United Kingdom
To Bram and the whole team, I would just like to say that simracing.gp is the best thing to happen to simracing in years.

Why subscribe to iracing? You can get everything you could ever want at sgp

Kurupt CDN

DirtT Tuned Motorsports
Premium
Canada
Why subscribe to iracing? You can get everything you could ever want at sgp

Does spg offer multiple world wide servers per session for good pings, splits, dirt racing/RX, touring cars, ovals and hundreds of people of people to race with hourly?

I am looking for an iracing alternative that works for me as I race at random times, offers multiple racing disciplines. I also prefer official content over mods.

Last edited:

VernWozza

Staff
Premium
Greetings all, can someone please tell me how is this any different from Sim Racing System (SRS) :cautious:
Sure. It's not like srs.

This is a platform for new and existing communities to host their racing. We provide all the tools from organisation and results tracking and server time. It's totally flexible regarding when communities can schedule races. In essence you could run srs on sgp if they wanted to.

In time, this will be across all the sims too.

BP

Premium
Does spg offer multiple world wide servers per session for good pings, splits, dirt racing/RX, touring cars, ovals and hundreds of people of people to race with hourly?

I am looking for an iracing alternative that works for me as I race at random times, offers multiple racing disciplines. I also prefer official content over mods.

definitely agree that iRacing still wins on overall multiplayer features and availability.

That said, I’m pretty sure that in time, and with global community support, that SGP will have most, if not all of those features...but I’d imagine it will eventually come at a price. Been having lots of fun at the SGP races I’ve attended and look forward to seeing it grow.

The only thing I’d mention that may become a problem as the service grows, is the need of policing bad driving across all sims and competency requirements to enter certain races (similar to iRating and license class system). I see that there is a penalty system that appears to be automatic (I’m assuming it’s most off-tracks counted by the sim), and I’ve had a point deducted in a championship before, but I believe that was a manual deduction. Kinda like a karma system for good/bad driving: being reckless (bad karma) in AC should follow you if you decide to reek havoc over in R3E, but there should be avenues to redemption as well to build good karma...just food for thought. Keep up the good work!

Last edited:

TedBrosby-

Premium
I live in Japan.any commuity here or at least in Asia because the time difference with the US or Europe is killing my sleep time

We're in the same time zone as Australia and NZ, so either of those communities, or Singapore will be good.
By the way I'm also in Japan, wanna race together?

VernWozza

Staff
Premium
definitely agree that iRacing still wins on overall multiplayer features and availability.

That said, I’m pretty sure that in time, and with global community support, that SGP will have most, if not all of those features...but I’d imagine it will eventually come at a price. Been having lots of fun at the SGP races I’ve attended and look forward to seeing it grow.

The only thing I’d mention that may become a problem as the service grows, is the need of policing bad driving across all sims and competency requirements to enter certain races (similar to iRating and license class system). I see that there is a penalty system that appears to be automatic (I’m assuming it’s most off-tracks counted by the sim), and I’ve had a point deducted in a championship before, but I believe that was a manual deduction. Kinda like a karma system for good/bad driving: being reckless (bad karma) in AC should follow you if you decide to reek havoc over in R3E, but there should be avenues to redemption as well to build good karma...just food for thought. Keep up the good work!

Hey thanks for the feedback, much appreciated as always.

I think maybe people have the wrong impression of what we are offering.

We don't really see this as an iracing competitior. We're not developing a game, it's a platform for communities to run their own operations.

As for policing driving standards, it's really down to the communities you drive with. For example RCI do live stewarding on all their events, sgp don't have any say in how they run their events.

Yes, sgp will enforce driving standards on events we run but it's down to the communities how they manage their own events.

Think about sgp a little like YouTube.

YouTube = sgp
YouTube channels = sgp communities
Channel videos = community races and championships.

YouTube don't tell creators what to make. However, like YouTube, we will have overarching community guidelines which will protect communities and other drivers from trolls, offensive behaviour etc.

Hope that makes sense.

Sure. It's not like srs.

This is a platform for new and existing communities to host their racing. We provide all the tools from organisation and results tracking and server time. It's totally flexible regarding when communities can schedule races. In essence you could run srs on sgp if they wanted to.

In time, this will be across all the sims too.
Ok understood, thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.