Simracing.GP
Esports Racing Platform
Join Beta

Simracing.GP fills gap created by global shutdown of motorsports

As the Fédération Internationale de l'Automobile has postponed the start of their World Championships -- including F1, Formula E, World Rally Championship, World Touring Car Championship, and many endurance races -- simracing takes centre stage as a rising esport. Simracing.GP, a new esports racing platform, will help racing fans through this empty live schedule.

Simracing.GP, a new online platform, provides simracers with the tools to participate and organize competitive multiplayer races, whether a casual race with friends or a global esports competition.

Bram Hengeveld, CEO of RaceDepartment, views this as the perfect opportunity for motorsports to gain more fans in esports, as well as introduce gamers to the world of motorsports. “As sports broadcasters are struggling to fill the schedule gaps, we could see esports franchises going mainstream, as well as sponsors exploring virtual opportunities to reach their target audiences.”

Chris Haye, notable simracing content creator, shares a video breaking down the SGP features, roadmap, and a preview of the UI.

The SGP platform is a joint venture between RaceDepartment, the oldest and largest simracing website with over a million users, and US technology investor Nascent. Closed beta testing of the platform begins early on March 20th, 2020, with a wider public beta following in Q2. The first batch of closed beta invites will be released tomorrow on Friday morning; furthermore, testers will be able to invite a selected number of friends to join them.

About Simracing.GP
Simracing.GP is a new online platform for simracing esports aiming to provide a better racing experience. The platform simplifies managing and hosting online practice sessions, single races, and championships. SGP is a joint venture between RaceDepartment -- world's largest sim racing and motorsport website -- and US-based technology investor Nascent.

About RaceDepartment
RaceDepartment is one of the oldest and largest simracing websites with an average of 1.5 million monthly website visits and over 1 million registered users over 100 million pageviews per year.

About Nascent
Nascent is a technology investor with a focus on experimental digital products. Nascent areas of expertise include esports, AI solutions (Computer Vision, object recognition), cloud services, gaming and mobile applications. Nascent is headquartered in New York, USA, with R&D office in Sunrise Valley Tech Park, Vilnius, Lithuania.

Previous announcements:
New esports platform aims to be an umbrella service for racing games

MarkR

500RPM
Premium
Feb 8, 2017
Agree, promising and good luck. It's an interesting concept for sure, the idea of a driver rating across games is fascinating.

As an individual with nothing to pay or promote I'm certainly going to give this a go. I've been around the racing game scene long enough to recognise many familiar names...however...maybe just me but I have no idea who Chris Haye is, never heard of him before this video!

Reactions: M D Gourley

M D Gourley

1000RPM
Premium
Sep 17, 2015
This looks / sounds fantastic and Chris Haye does a brilliant job explaining about it in his video also with the eventuality of all the major sims participating in 'Simracing GP' this could be the 'One Stop Shop' for online Sim racing...errr, is this serious competition for iRacing?:confused:...personal opinion of course ;)

Bram Hengeveld

RaceDepartment Founder
Staff
Premium
Dec 26, 2006
following this with interest, fingers crossed you guys can pull it off
Thanks Eckhart. It's a long time wish as you know from the early days of RD. And now finally after all these years it's going to happen!

We are just starting in public so we are grateful for all the kind support we have already received so far. Can't wait to show you and everyone else the end result in a few years from now when the platform is fully developed.

Nick Hill

500RPM
Premium
Oct 26, 2013
Good luck, guys - I will be watching with interest and wishing you all the best!

I think it is one of the great tragedies (relatively speaking, of course) that we live in truly a golden age of racing sims, but only iRacing has seemed to truly get the multiplayer right. And this is in a genre that is absolutely tailor made for multiplayer. I think iRacing as a sim is pretty good - they do an awful lot that I consider to be best-in-class, but they also do (and fail to do) a few very key things that prevent me from ever truly becoming a full time iRacer.

I'm not sure if this is what you guys have in mind, but if you can figure out how to develop something that allows iRacing quality multiplayer in other sims, I think the world would beat a path to your door.

Dec 21, 2018
Be cool if they had 24 hour races organized seem like the only one for that is iRacing mayb when they get RF2 and ACC up and going mayb like a by monthly races make it the place for 24H events

Nick Hill

500RPM
Premium
Oct 26, 2013
I had the chance to watch CH's preview video and have my head around it a bit better now. I think this sounds really promising. To my eyes and ears, this solution would fill a legitimate problem space in the world of sim racing today.

Bram Hengeveld

RaceDepartment Founder
Staff
Premium
Dec 26, 2006
Be cool if they had 24 hour races organized seem like the only one for that is iRacing mayb when they get RF2 and ACC up and going mayb like a by monthly races make it the place for 24H events
You can host any kind of races you wish, for any of the listed games in the future. If you want to race in 24H events, create a successful organization or form a group and make it happen. It's now literally a few clicks away and available to also non-tech people.