Resource icon

Misc Simple OSD 2013 1.1

Login or Register an account to download this content

Petar Tasev

Ryder25
Simple OSD 2013

v 1.0.2013.1026

This mod gives you a minimalistic OSD so that your screen is less cluttered. It removes the driver names list, lap times list, and the rpm/gear section. All you'll see is your position, lap, kers/drs/fuel, and minimap.

[Install]
*Backup files first

Simply place the files from frontend to your F1 2013/frontend directory.

b_osd -- Removes things from the rpm/gear section.
d_osd -- Removes the driver name, and lap time lists.

Best used with cockpit view, and your favorite camera mod to show the kers/drs/fuel.

[Credits]
ML2166 -- b_osd
Ryder25 -- d_osd

Enjoy!

2grigjt-1-jpg.44151

(Picture from 2012 mod)

Your a star :)

I was just a minute ago looking at yours and ML2166's F1 2012 version, trying to see why the one I have been using since F1 2013 was released, didn't work correctly, the fuel gauge didn't work.

Then I see the email ..... you've done it for F1 2013, DLC too :D

Thank you, I can race now ..... and stop fiddling with files

@Petar Tasev @ML2166

Hi, a little problem with this, but I don't know whether you designed it that way, there is no mention of it in the details.

There is a red flashing box appearing to the left of the DRS indicator when you hit max revs, did you mean it to be there?

In the video below you will see it flashing. When I get to the back of the circuit, this quick and dirty video will cut to an old version of the mod from F1 2012, I don't know who released it, it maybe yours. Anyway the old mod has a broken fuel gauge when used in F1 2013, but does not have the flashing red box (limiter?).

I only use the b_osd.pssg part of the mod, and here is a link to the 'broken' fuel gauge version, in case you would like to see it.

Broken Fuel PSSG

Cheers :)

PS I doesn't really bother me that the fuel isn't there when using the old one. just that opaque background is there where the gauge should be

Last edited:
@Petar Tasev @ML2166

Hi, a little problem with this, but I don't know whether you designed it that way, there is no mention of it in the details.

There is a red flashing box appearing to the left of the DRS indicator when you hit max revs, did you mean it to be there?

In the video below you will see it flashing. When I get to the back of the circuit, this quick and dirty video will cut to an old version of the mod from F1 2012, I don't know who released it, it maybe yours. Anyway the old mod has a broken fuel gauge when used in F1 2013, but does not have the flashing red box (limiter?).

I only use the b_osd.pssg part of the mod, and here is a link to the 'broken' fuel gauge version, in case you would like to see it.

Broken Fuel PSSG

PS I doesn't really bother me that the fuel isn't there when using the old one. just that opaque background is there where the gauge should be

I'll take a look now

Some sort of gear change light.

@ML2166

That's great mate, it works perfectly. Also the fuel light functions correctly when on low fuel.

The HUD disappears when entering the pit and reappears as you leave. That's not unexpected. :)

Excellent, thank you :thumbsup:

^ This contains the fix posted by @ML2166, should be all good now. :)

Thanks to both of you, Petar gave it to me the other day and it immediately made the game a lot better for me. Much appreciated. :)

Tom

I suppose there is no way to keep this (your position, lap, driver name, and lap time lists) but just make it smaller?:unsure:
Well, I guess it'd be possible by resizing it in the OSD instead of removing it completely but that'd require another mod to be created. :)

Tom

hello, why I have this line in the OSD left in the picture? in training not only race and qualified in. have no mods installed and use the original cams.

Attachments

• simple osd.jpg
    simple osd.jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 533
You should use modified cameras for this mod to work, it's in the read_me file.

Download a camera mod you like ..... install it, and then everything should be ok.

And it is OK if you remove ALL mods?

If not, then you could verify your game files, a file may have become corrupted, or is missing, I don't know, but it's painless when no mods are installed. If any mods are installed, they will be lost during verification.

Steam > F1 2013 Properties > Local Files tab > 'Verify Integrity of game cache'

And it is OK if you remove ALL mods?

If not, then you could verify your game files, a file may have become corrupted, or is missing, I don't know, but it's painless when no mods are installed. If any mods are installed, they will be lost during verification.

Steam > F1 2013 Properties > Local Files tab > 'Verify Integrity of game cache'

many thanks for your good hint. I uninstalled everything and reinstalled everything, now everything works great. sometimes it is so easy. I did not come to their thoughts. Many thanks and greetings from berlin michael:):laugh::roflmao::thumbsup::D

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 105 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 136 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 189 14.3%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 372 28.1%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 515 39.0%