Resource icon

Skins Simple Fantasy Willams F1 1.0

Login or Register an account to download this content
Henky SA submitted a new resource:

Simple Fantasy Willams-F1 Skin - a simple mod skins for williams, by only replacing & adding some logos.

Hi everyone!

this is my very first skin mod. and i'm still a beginner in photoshop TBH :roflmao:

here it is my Simple Fantasy Willams-F1 Skin. i'm only replacing & adding some logos here.
which are :
Microsoft
Sony (there are 3 versions here. in the pics i put the Sony XPERIA ver. the another liveries are Vaio ver & Sony ver. )
Unilever
Castrol etc

also, i've done the garage & race crew. (which included in the files) but the pitcrew & drivers clothes hasn't done yet.
soon i will make the...

Read more about this resource...

I really wouldn't expect some kind of "kawaii" person around here. Yes it's very simple but you could have changed Maldonado to Massa and make an DHD livery.
Maldonado & massa agree. But i mod for like 6 months now and i dont even know how to make dhd. Then this kid dont know too

I really wouldn't expect some kind of "kawaii" person around here. Yes it's very simple but you could have changed Maldonado to Massa and make an DHD livery.

she's some of my fav characters in some anime btw XD

*back to topic
thanks for the suggestion :D
i'm currently working on HD & DHD. i just finished the HD res. but there's some problem when i make the DHD res :( when i saved the .dds file as DHD (8192x8192) it got some error on Photoshop. like "can't save the file as <path> because a.." and it didn't save. when i clicked save as once again i only got corrupt file. any suggestions?

oh just some question. in what resolution in HD & DHD for garages & pitcrew/racecrew?

yeah. i would to make massa's version too for this skins but there's some problem. the name tag on the livery :unsure: (between the engine cover and the cockpit). i have no idea what should i do. maybe i could change the flag. but changing the "Maldonado" letter to "Massa" letter seems to be hard for me. bcoz like i said, i've no experience in designing. :(

P.S : i'm a system analyst student so Photoshop is a strange thing for me. i learn photoshop by myself from 2 weeks ago :roflmao:

Maldonado & massa agree. But i mod for like 6 months now and i dont even know how to make dhd. Then this kid dont know too

FYI. you could change from SD res into HD & DHD res in photoshop. go to images->image size. then put 4092x4092(HD) & 8192x8192 (DHD). and it wouldn't break the images.

Maybe instead of Xperia put in PS4 as it is their Sony's newest Electronical device?

ooh thanks for the suggestion, currently working on it. i have finished the PS4 ver but there is some problem (that is, working on DHD) that makes me postpone the progress of this skin.:unsure:

she's some of my fav characters in some anime btw XD

*back to topic
thanks for the suggestion :D
i'm currently working on HD & DHD. i just finished the HD res. but there's some problem when i make the DHD res :( when i saved the .dds file as DHD (8192x8192) it got some error on Photoshop. like "can't save the file as <path> because a.." and it didn't save. when i clicked save as once again i only got corrupt file. any suggestions?

oh just some question. in what resolution in HD & DHD for garages & pitcrew/racecrew?

yeah. i would to make massa's version too for this skins but there's some problem. the name tag on the livery :unsure: (between the engine cover and the cockpit). i have no idea what should i do. maybe i could change the flag. but changing the "Maldonado" letter to "Massa" letter seems to be hard for me. bcoz like i said, i've no experience in designing. :(

P.S : i'm a system analyst student so Photoshop is a strange thing for me. i learn photoshop by myself from 2 weeks ago :roflmao:
It happens to me too. I sometimes save the texture in TGA and convert to DDS in Paint.NET. The font for the text is Impact it seems.

DHD and HD resolutions are the same for every file.

It happens to me too. I sometimes save the texture in TGA and convert to DDS in Paint.NET. The font for the text is Impact it seems.

DHD and HD resolutions are the same for every file.

thank you :D

so, for making DHD textures, better to use Paint.NET instead of Photoshop?

thank you :D

so, for making DHD textures, better to use Paint.NET instead of Photoshop?
No Paint is far worse. About resizing no if you resize the texture from HD (4096) to DHD (8192) you will lose quality. On the other hand if you do this from DHD to HD it doesn't reduce the quality. Just do as i do. Merge all layers from your psb work file. "Save as" BMP, PNG?JPG and convert it to DDS with DDS converter program. That's how i do it too.

No Paint is far worse. About resizing no if you resize the texture from HD (4096) to DHD (8192) you will lose quality. On the other hand if you do this from DHD to HD it doesn't reduce the quality. Just do as i do. Merge all layers from your psb work file. "Save as" BMP, PNG?JPG and convert it to DDS with DDS converter program. That's how i do it too.

i realized that when i copied the DHD skin that i've made & play F1 2013 for a moment with this car, some logos looks blurry & the quality seems to be reduced like PDVSA & Randstad at the engine cover. i use laptop so the skin looks like no difference on the screen, when i back to main menu & take a look closely then i realize my mistakes :(
pardon me :cry: i started to mod this skin based on the standard Codies skin. not the HD/DHD re-skin. i think that if i resize the texture the quality is still remain/not really reduce. (a newbie mistake) pardon me cuz i'm beginner :(

then i should rework this skin with take the DHD re-skin & searching for some hi-res logo. thank you soo much @w1n1x for the tips & suggestion :thumbsup: . i should learn further about designing.

PS : saving the DHD texture takes too long time, it takes 30 min for just saving a file. what a time. -_-

Last edited:
i realized that when i copied the DHD skin that i've made & play F1 2013 for a moment with this car, some logos looks blurry & the quality seems to be reduced like PDVSA & Randstad at the engine cover. i use laptop so the skin looks like no difference on the screen, when i back to main menu & take a look closely than i realize my mistakes :(
pardon me :cry: i started to mod this skin based on the standard Codies skin. not the HD/DHD re-skin. i think that if i resize the texture the quality is still remain/not really reduce. (a newbie mistake) pardon me cuz i'm beginner :(

then i should rework this skin with take the DHD re-skin & searching for some hi-res logo. thank you soo much @w1n1x for the tips & suggestion :thumbsup: . i should learn further about designing.

PS : saving the DHD texture takes too long time, it takes 30 min for just saving a file. what a time. -_-
Firstly great that you realised that resizing Codemaster's original texture to HD or DHD size reduce the quality to far worse. If you do a HD&DHD update or custom skin for a car you have to replace all logos with high quality ones or replace them with the logo you want. It's up to you that's why they called custom cars. But of course if you just do a DHD skin update for original car skin. Then you need only the logos that's on the original texture. 30 minutes? Whatt??!! How??? I can save the DHD psb file which has 50+ layers easly in 20 second. How slow your laptop is just? Also how do you save the file? Can you tell me? So i can help you out with this.

Henky SA updated Simple Fantasy Willams-F1 Skin with a new update entry:

added - ps4 version(but still in SD sorry)

just added the PS4 ver. but still in SD, you can take it if you don't mind. i've realized my mistake & i going to re-work the skin again & makes it better on texture quality. seems it would be take a couple of days or even more. i'm so sorry (a beginner's mistake) :(

here, some screenshots about the Sony PS4 ver :
View attachment 46208
View attachment 46209
View attachment 46210

Read the rest of this update entry...

Firstly great that you realised that resizing Codemaster's original texture to HD or DHD size reduce the quality to far worse. If you do a HD&DHD update or custom skin for a car you have to replace all logos with high quality ones or replace them with the logo you want. It's up to you that's why they called custom cars. But of course if you just do a DHD skin update for original car skin. Then you need only the logos that's on the original texture. 30 minutes? Whatt??!! How??? I can save the DHD psb file which has 50+ layers easly in 20 second. How slow your laptop is just? Also how do you save the file? Can you tell me? So i can help you out with this.

Dhd just takes some time. My pc is very good and it takes like 40-60 seconds.

oh sorry, i realize that it takes too long time cuz i resized the .dds file. not the work(.psd/psb) (another newbie's mistake) :redface: LOL

my laptop is HP 431 :)

Henky SA updated Simple Fantasy Willams-F1 Skin with a new update entry:

replacing renault sport logo to symantec, & now added the HD ver

new & final update, adding the HD ver :).

these updated skins are little bit different than the first that i uploaded & i added new logo "Symantec" replacing Renault Sport.

seems i won't to make the DHD ver due to some issue(s).

thanks for everyone for helping & giving a very helpful tips/suggestions.
i'll upload some screenshots for the new design/skins tomorrow.
Enjoy. :)

Read the rest of this update entry...

Really Nice skin! The logos are scaled and placed really well! But coming from a realistic sense, Microsoft and Sony would never both sponsor the same team, and, knowing Microsoft, they'd probably try and sponsor the winning team (Red Bull, probably)
But - If you replaced the Microsoft logo with some sort of clothing company (Nike, Vans, whatever), maybe change a few colours (to better replicate some of the older and better cars.), and i belive it could be a really good skin!

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 237 14.8%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 166 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 159 9.9%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 120 7.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 225 14.0%