Simple Clean Formula wheel

The goal was to build a simple clean looking formula wheel, to be used for the lower formula classes for example Formula Renault 2.0 and Formula 3.

For this I used a Sparco F-10A:

And Fanatec Podium shifters (They are awesome especially for the price).

Used an Arduino Leonardo for interfacing with the Podium paddles/clutches and function as a Joystick for windows.
Bitepoint calibration can be done using the upper two paddles: Hold them both for atleast 2 seconds and then you can set the bite point by using the same paddles as 'plus' and 'minus'.

If any of you want to do something similar, I can open source the Frame and Arduino sketch...

@JohnnyV a little off topic, but your button box is interesting. Did you build it? If so do you have a source for the rotary buttons you used ? Also what are the slots for?

Your wheel looks very nice too!

Jep build it myself, here are some more pics: https://postimg.cc/gallery/1j71dsg3y/

Slots were a sort of seperation between sections, they go through and through so that you cannot look inside, if that makes sense.
It uses CTS encoders and the dials/knobs I made myself, printed with fluorescent filament, so that you get this awesome effect when you use blue/purple light (like they do in racecars such as ferrari):

I'll PM you the stl for the knobs

Last edited:
Upvote 0
The goal was to build a simple clean looking formula wheel, to be used for the lower formula classes for example Formula Renault 2.0 and Formula 3.

For this I used a Sparco F-10A:

And Fanatec Podium shifters (They are awesome especially for the price).

Used an Arduino Leonardo for interfacing with the Podium paddles/clutches and function as a Joystick for windows.
Bitepoint calibration can be done using the upper two paddles: Hold them both for atleast 2 seconds and then you can set the bite point by using the same paddles as 'plus' and 'minus'.

If any of you want to do something similar, I can open source the Frame and Arduino sketch...
Hi Johnny, I really like the Podium Shifter Formula Rim idea and wondered if you'd be okay with sharing your arduino sketch ? Cheers David.

Upvote 0
L'obiettivo era quello di costruire una ruota formula dall'aspetto semplice e pulito, da utilizzare per le classi di formula inferiori, ad esempio Formula Renault 2.0 e Formula 3.

Per questo ho usato uno Sparco F-10A:

E le leve del cambio Fanatec Podium (sono fantastiche soprattutto per il prezzo).

Utilizzato un Arduino Leonardo per interfacciarsi con i paddle/frizioni Podium e fungere da Joystick per Windows.
La calibrazione del punto di morso può essere eseguita utilizzando le due piastre superiori: tienile premute entrambe per almeno 2 secondi e poi puoi impostare il punto di morso utilizzando le stesse piastre di "più" e "meno".

Se qualcuno di voi vuole fare qualcosa di simile, posso rendere open source lo sketch di Frame e Arduino...

Upvote 0

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back