Simlab P1X owners with Heusinkveld pedals mounting question.

I am about to order a P1X since I just purchased a DD1. I currently use Heusinkveld Sprint pedals and have their baseplate with a heel plate option. It seems fine and any flex could be attributed to the weak rig they are mounted to.

My question is when I order the P1X should I order the optional baseplate slider tray. It's more about that super thick baseplate than the slider option. It looks super rigid and would serve as a base to not have the gap between the profile and elimnate any flex. The slider option would be convenient but I worry about any annoying "play" or movement in the slider option. It's just me so once I have it adjusted I probably wouldn't move it, may just use the thick plate.

So since I already have the Heusinkveld baseplate is that sufficient, and the SL one is unnecessary? It is 150 Euros after all.

Haven't got Heusinkveld pedals, but do have the P1X + slider tray. It is a massive thick and rigid slab of metal with zero movement when fitted to the slider.

The slider isn't great and required a lot of faff to fit (including drilling addition holes and sourcing alternative fittings), but is brilliant once installed. I couldn't imagine not having the option to adjust for others with different leg lengths.

So it doesn't move (at all) , adjusts for other users and looks cool.

If you already have the Heu baseplate, it depends on the value of free adjustability to you, as the P1X pedal tray should make the most of any rigidity afforded by the sprint baseplate.

Upvote 0
  • Deleted member 197115

Mounted to the rig directly, also added pedal heel rest.
If you have multiple users sharing the rig, adjustable plate would be beneficial, otherwise adjustment is general PITA. But for single user, non sliding plate is the most solid option.

Upvote 0
I got the HE baseplate, mounted pedals to that and that in turn to the P1. All very adjustable without needing anything else.

My general theory these days is that anyone else that wants to try my rig will fit in it to one degree or another, maybe not perfectly but it wasnt built for them so I dont go out of my way cost or otherwise for the 1% of the time someone else is using it.

Upvote 0
I used the Sim-Lab base plate to mount the heusinkvelds to the pedal tray of my P1-X.
I also bought the seat slider for it, but couldn't mount it as I wanted to, so deleted it from the setup again.
Only downside is, that you cannot easily clean below the base plate...

Upvote 0
Mounted to the rig directly, also added pedal heel rest.
If you have multiple users sharing the rig, adjustable plate would be beneficial, otherwise adjustment is general PITA. But for single user, non sliding plate is the most solid option.
So I'm just trying to mount my Ultimate pedals to the P1X. Is it correct that I need to mount the SIM lab heel rest to the 40/160 as opposed to the 40/80 profile.

Essentially the heel plate is too deep to fit on the thinner profile so pedals mount between thick and thin profiles with the pedal tray reversed?

Upvote 0
  • Deleted member 197115

So I'm just trying to mount my Ultimate pedals to the P1X. Is it correct that I need to mount the SIM lab heel rest to the 40/160 as opposed to the 40/80 profile.

Essentially the heel plate is too deep to fit on the thinner profile so pedals mount between thick and thin profiles with the pedal tray reversed?
I don't have pedal tray reversed and heel plate is mounted to 40/80 with pedals on 40/160.

Upvote 0
I put the sliders on my pedal plate and found myself making minor adjustments for a while till I get it dialed in just right ergonomically and would absolutely recommend it. The slider itself was rather onerous to install and once one side popped out somehow. Other than being a pain to install totally worth it.

Upvote 0
Just wanted to comment here that the sprints cant be used on simlab gear without a heelplate. There's no adjustments for height on the sprints(except one tiny adjustment). the pedals are 6inches too high and your foot if average size will only be able to touch the bottom half to 1/3 of the pedal. I'm a size 11 US.

Overall Sprints are a joke and a terrible overpriced product. then theres the heelplate they offer for another $100 in order to use the pedals. This is a childs toy, thin and cheap, flex, and the screws they provide for mounting are laughable. Id stay far away from anything Heusinkveld and the thrustmaster TLCM of Fanatec CSL are a much much better product for half the price.

People in simracing are just like any other cult, they think somethings good because everyone else says so and before you know it they all agree that a **** product with terrible quality and QC issues ids the "standard". Stay away, they ****ing suck.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Just wanted to comment here that the sprints cant be used on simlab gear without a heelplate. There's no adjustments for height on the sprints(except one tiny adjustment). the pedals are 6inches too high and your foot if average size will only be able to touch the bottom half to 1/3 of the pedal. I'm a size 11 US.

Overall Sprints are a joke and a terrible overpriced product. then theres the heelplate they offer for another $100 in order to use the pedals. This is a childs toy, thin and cheap, flex, and the screws they provide for mounting are laughable. Id stay far away from anything Heusinkveld and the thrustmaster TLCM of Fanatec CSL are a much much better product for half the price.

People in simracing are just like any other cult, they think somethings good because everyone else says so and before you know it they all agree that a **** product with terrible quality and QC issues ids the "standard". Stay away, they ****ing suck.
Then you get some guy that is against what the vast, vast majority of HE owners think so he summarises them as part of a cult and he is the only one to be believed..

nice one :thumbsup:

Upvote 0
  • Deleted member 197115

Pretty sure you can move pedal face plates for additional vertical adjustment.

EDIT: Seems like Sprint pedals are missing multiple face plate mount option like Ultimate or Pro. May be try flipping pedal face plate upside down to move it lower?

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 346 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 239 10.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 237 10.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 177 7.9%