SimLab P1-X Chassis Announcement

P1-X-slider-pic.jpg

We’re happy to announce the P1-X sim racing chassis. After the success of the P1 we are introducing the new version of the rig, with some small but needed updates. Full info to be released soon.

Planned release date is in the first half of June.

Last edited:
The only thing I see clearly is that they added base support tabs and larger feet moving the rig a bit taller. The pedal assembly may have changed some, but that is a pretty blind teaser shot.

Upvote 0
Looks like the redesigned pedal tray is the biggest improvement.

It would conflict with my ability to slide my driving pedals back and mount flight pedals in front of them, but otherwise it looks like a very solid improvement. It's possible I could redesign how my flight pedals mount to accommodate it. I'll need to see it in a lot more detail to know what is possible.

For people who want to get F1 height pedals on the P1 chassis it will be perfect.

As far as stability goes, I've never noticed an issue on carpet over a concrete basement floor. Have any people actually noticed their rig rocking?

I could see how leveling might be an issue for some floors.

I'm glad to see them evolving the product. They seem to be going in good direction.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
VR does simplify things :)
A Sim-Lab cockpit is basically a starting point made out of erector set parts. 8020 is amazing stuff!!!

I suspect control placement is an extremely personal thing.

The only general agreement I've seen is on wheel height and pedal height and even that has a lot of variation. I have no interest in F1 style pedal height, but I'm still eating up Rally and Rally Cross these days.

Upvote 0
I just bought a P1 before this. So other than the new feet and the new pedal tray/deck thing, every thing else on the P1X is identical to the original P1?

Is it possible to integrate this into the profiles so that we can all enjoy the ability to move our seat and pedals forward/back without needing an actual seat/pedal slider?:

Maybe I'm not understanding the video correctly but those parts seem like they're just about perfectly made for simracing applications (seat & pedal slider). Is this not the case? I'm wondering because I've never seen any simracing cockpit use them or any one even mention them in forums. I would have thought simracing cockpit companies (eg. Simlab) would have definitely used those pieces for integrated seat and pedal sliders.

Upvote 0
I just bought a P1 before this. So other than the new feet and the new pedal tray/deck thing, every thing else on the P1X is identical to the original P1?

Is it possible to integrate this into the profiles so that we can all enjoy the ability to move our seat and pedals forward/back without needing an actual seat/pedal slider?:

Maybe I'm not understanding the video correctly but those parts seem like they're just about perfectly made for simracing applications (seat & pedal slider). Is this not the case? I'm wondering because I've never seen any simracing cockpit use them or any one even mention them in forums. I would have thought simracing cockpit companies (eg. Simlab) would have definitely used those pieces for integrated seat and pedal sliders.

Looks like it’s only those two things that they have said yes, picture has button box holder but that’s probably just for show.

As for those 80/20 parts, well they wouldn’t be as good as a seat slider as it’s much easier to put one hand down and grab a bar than having to loosen and tighten multiple handles, not sure it would be much better than the normal pedal deck the P1 comes with either as you would lose angle if you want it and would have to add something else to get that back. Might be good for the uprights to moving the wheel deck more often perhaps.

Upvote 0

Those slider parts looks very interesting! If you can achieve with them rock solid connection when tightened down then I am all for it. I would put steering wheel uprights and pedal deck on them.

I have to check the price of them.

Cheers

Upvote 0

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 74 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 103 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 145 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline