Simlab GT1 - Buttkickers

hello.. i have a simlab GT1 cockpit and i like to add some buttkickers /transducers..

maybe 4 transducers on chassis mode for start.. i hope you can help me better..
i have about 300 euros to spend for now.. maybe i can upgrade in the future..
i woul like to have on on the shifter too..(maybe a small one i think)

i need advice on:
-sound card
-transducer
- amplifier/es( i saw a lot of them with two channels i could buy 2 but if i want onther upgrade o woul need to buy another.. maybe a amp. with 3 or four channels?

Wheeldeck-V5-15-600x600.jpg

Technics SU-V460 6.jpg
technics_su-v460_stereo_integrated_amplifier.jpg
Mr Latte
maybe a stupid question.. but i have a techincs SU-v460
amp that i dont use.. could i use it for transducers?

hera are the specs:
Power output: 45 watts per channel into 8Ω (stereo)
Frequency response: 3Hz to 100kHz
Total harmonic distortion: 0.005%
Damping factor: 60
Input sensitivity: 2.5mV (MM), 150mV (line)
Signal to noise ratio: 76dB (MM), 97dB (line)
Channel separation: 50dB (line)
Output: 150mV (line)
Speaker load impedance: 4Ω to 16Ω
Dimensions: 430 x 125 x 320mm
Weight: 8kg

its old but its a good amp... (for music at least)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Crikey, I remember that model with its styling and it competed well against Sony / Pioneer etc at the time. It states from 4ohm - 16ohm support and is rated at 45wpc with 8ohm so it has a decent quality transformer and why its moderate weight at 8kg.

Yeah its likely to hit @90 watts per channel with a 4ohm resistance. You don't want however an amp running at near max capacity constantly. As mentioned tactile with continuous low-end frequencies puts quite a bit of strain on the amps.

So yes, it could power 2x Reckhorn or ADX type units sufficiently but not really perhaps the BK Mini piston models. Be sure if sourcing a Reckhorn model to get the (i) improved version.

For example, Here
It would be interesting to compare it with the ADX Here on your 8020 frame and installation. Although I am not convinced the ADX, while it may be a bit better is worth almost 2x the price we have to pay here in Europe/UK to get it.

Its your decision to consider buying one each and comparing or just doing whatever you want.

Clarke TST models (TST 239 Silver) are also quite good (may need to import) from Here
These are really excellent for engine RPM with their finer detailing but they do make more audible noise like a speaker as well.

I introduced to several people to add a TST into pedals or Seat to keep engine effects separated from the front or rear pairs. Doing this in a tactile configuration will help improve the detailing you get with the bumps as it greatly removes the workload on a single unit to have to output tactile for constant engine and bump effects etc.

Do keep in mind this old amp you have may be ideal to run units for this purpose or if your the creative type. Even powering a nice 10-12" sub placed under the seat and incorporated into the build. Audible bass energy can work really well with tactile, as both heighten the sensation due to our ears hearing the bass but or bodies feel the vibrations.

I experimented a lot with this on/off several years ago and will incorporate subs into my own build but some people will perhaps use headphones only with sims and may not want loud audible bass in a room.

You may enjoy this thread Here as it gives a perspective of someone entering into tactile for the first time, even with using just audio with consoles.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
thanks.. i use headphones so i pass tha bass speaker.. i think i will start with this amp.. to see if i like the sensation etc.. at least i save a few euros for now. maximum of two transducer conected to the amp right? how do i conect them? i have four outputs..

Upvote 0
Notice the connections at the back of the amp it states (A) channel for 4ohm not using both (A/B). The amp will not support having 4x 4ohm units, only 4x 8ohm.

If you run 4x 4ohm units on the amp it is possible you will trigger the thermal protection, shutdown feature as the amp will overheat.

Upvote 0
so if i go for the Reckhorn only two got it..:)
maybe 4 transducer with 8 ohm? :) never understand the ohm.. i know that is resistence.. but have no clue.. i will start with two.. i need some kind of devido to conect amp to pc right?

Upvote 0
so if i go for the Reckhorn only two got it..:)
maybe 4 transducer with 8 ohm? :) never understand the ohm.. i know that is resistence.. but have no clue.. i will start with two.. i need some kind of devido to conect amp to pc right?

Most tactile units use 4ohm resistance. Some small units like Dayton Puc use 16ohm

Buttkicker have models that use either 2ohm or 4ohm. It is important you stick to the recommendations of the amplifier and pair it with the proper resistance of the shaker/speaker it is powering.

Chances are not doing such, could blow some amps or drastically reduce its lifespan.

Search on the forums for other guides on cables etc but this amp uses typical connections.
Behringer iNuke being music professional based amps, therefore, use industry and not typical consumer based connectors. For example, like XLR and SpeakON.

Take time read some other guides,threads etc on the forums that others or myself have done.
You do not have to follow just my advice....

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back