SimHub - TV Style Side & Scrolling Leaderboards + Timings SideScreen

Apps SimHub - TV Style Side & Scrolling Leaderboards + Timings SideScreen 6.6.7

Login or Register an account to download this content
Hi Gary, Firstly thank you for a great addition to Simhub and RF2. I am using it privately at home with a few mates and we race together with another PC running in Spectator mode so others can watch the racing and we can watch some replays etc. We do a lot of practice in the V8 Supercars 2018 mod.

On the PC running in Spectator mode I have your overlays working for fastest lap and the leaderboard and they work very well. I also have another screen running your RF2 sidescreen in Chrome and it also works very well. There are just a couple of things which don't seem to be working right.

The first is the Auto scrolling across the screen (Speed adjustable) overlay stutters too much on the Spectator screen to be usable. I have tried all the various speed options as well as various vsync options and I can't get it to not to stutter across the screen badly.

The second is the purple sectors on the RF2 sidescreen seem to not be accurate. We run with 7 AI when we practice together (3 of us) and I have noticed that sometimes it shows the AI with the fastest lap having a purple lap and all purple sectors when in fact one of the other AI may have a faster sector that should then be the overall purple sector. I think it is meant to show the fastest purple sectors overall for all drivers but it is not?

The final issue is the track map overlays to not seem to work for me. I have tried all the different ones available and they are just blank. I read to leave them up and it will draw the track map in there over time but I let the AI run for a dozen laps and it remains blank. We are using third party v8 supercar tracks so maybe that is the issue? This applies to both static track maps and the live track map (as an extra overlay on the spectator screen).

Hopefully I have made some sense here.
Thanks again for your great addition I will buy you a beer soon :)
Cheers

Hi Gary, Firstly thank you for a great addition to Simhub and RF2. I am using it privately at home with a few mates and we race together with another PC running in Spectator mode so others can watch the racing and we can watch some replays etc. We do a lot of practice in the V8 Supercars 2018 mod.

On the PC running in Spectator mode I have your overlays working for fastest lap and the leaderboard and they work very well. I also have another screen running your RF2 sidescreen in Chrome and it also works very well. There are just a couple of things which don't seem to be working right.

The first is the Auto scrolling across the screen (Speed adjustable) overlay stutters too much on the Spectator screen to be usable. I have tried all the various speed options as well as various vsync options and I can't get it to not to stutter across the screen badly.

The second is the purple sectors on the RF2 sidescreen seem to not be accurate. We run with 7 AI when we practice together (3 of us) and I have noticed that sometimes it shows the AI with the fastest lap having a purple lap and all purple sectors when in fact one of the other AI may have a faster sector that should then be the overall purple sector. I think it is meant to show the fastest purple sectors overall for all drivers but it is not?

The final issue is the track map overlays to not seem to work for me. I have tried all the different ones available and they are just blank. I read to leave them up and it will draw the track map in there over time but I let the AI run for a dozen laps and it remains blank. We are using third party v8 supercar tracks so maybe that is the issue? This applies to both static track maps and the live track map (as an extra overlay on the spectator screen).

Hopefully I have made some sense here.
Thanks again for your great addition I will buy you a beer soon :)
Cheers
Hello. Glad you are finding it useful.
The scrolling leader does struggle because Simhub was never made to do this scrolling effect and it does not like it..also the leaderboards use a lot more data than a 'normal" dashboard so is very resource heavy..
The more things you have on screen the worse it will get.
Try running it alone to see if it proves my theory..

The purple sector thing is a (long) work in progress.
It sometimes gets a fastest sector time that is not actually valid (for instance) but displays it as a fastest sector.
It may also be a wrong time reported from the server (quite common) or it may just be crap coding by me...

The map issue is something I cannot assist with.
I think it is locally generated by YOU driving..not AI..
So you will have to do a couple of laps as a driver on that pc to get the map working/generated/stored locally...

Hello. Glad you are finding it useful.
The scrolling leader does struggle because Simhub was never made to do this scrolling effect and it does not like it..also the leaderboards use a lot more data than a 'normal" dashboard so is very resource heavy..
The more things you have on screen the worse it will get.
Try running it alone to see if it proves my theory..

The purple sector thing is a (long) work in progress.
It sometimes gets a fastest sector time that is not actually valid (for instance) but displays it as a fastest sector.
It may also be a wrong time reported from the server (quite common) or it may just be crap coding by me...

The map issue is something I cannot assist with.
I think it is locally generated by YOU driving..not AI..
So you will have to do a couple of laps as a driver on that pc to get the map working/generated/stored locally...

Cheers Gary. All pretty much understood. Unfortunately that spectator PC has no controllers etc connected so I would have to try to do some laps using a keyboard which probably won't end well ;)
I might trying using the simhub I have on one of my racing PC's and run the track overlay to see if I can get it to 'learn' these v8 Supercar tracks as we use them and then copy the data to the Spectator PC. You wouldn't happen to know where this 'learned' track map data is stored by any chance would you?

Cheers again

As long as you get a few laps done it does not matter about lap time so a keyboard will work fine.
You will have to ask the Simhub developer if you can copy map data between computers..I have no idea.
I don't get to actually do a lot of racing ;)

Hi Gary, Same problem... but now, i will show you the Problem:

Attachments

• Captura de Tela (1).png
    Captura de Tela (1).png
    1.1 MB · Views: 220
Hi Gary, Same problem... but now, i will show you the Problem:
This is strange as it is showing you in 4th place and it is not showing the lap number either.
Try using the 'standard' leaderboard that comes with Simhub to see if it gives any more names than just yours..
If it does not then it is an issue with the game to Simhub configuration setup...
If it does give all names correctly then it is my leaderboards at fault.
Is this in offline single player mode with AI opponents?

This is strange as it is showing you in 4th place and it is not showing the lap number either.
Try using the 'standard' leaderboard that comes with Simhub to see if it gives any more names than just yours..
If it does not then it is an issue with the game to Simhub configuration setup...
If it does give all names correctly then it is my leaderboards at fault.
Is this in offline single player mode with AI opponents?
1. Ok.
2. Not workin.... Oh.
3. :/
4. YES.

Do you use crewchief?
And does it show that the game needs config top right of Simhub?
I am thinking (if you do use CC) that there may be a conflicting crewchief reader file.
Do you have any other games (RF2 or PCar2 etc) that you can test with to see if it is only AC that has the issues?
Maybe try a fresh install of Simhub?

GarySwallow updated SimHub - TV Style Side & Scrolling Leaderboards + Timings SideScreen + F1 Halo Overlay with a new update entry:

AUTOMOBILISTA + F1 2019..... (As much as I could)

Added as much Automobilista support as I could...
Not every feature works (like RF2 does) as the data just is not given..
But there should be enough there for most of you..

F1 2019 added..

Other tweaks and 'under the hood twerks'...

Enjoy..

-Gary
https://paypal.me/garyswallow

Read the rest of this update entry...

How do i change driver names, because in F1 2019 some of them appear in names and others in numbers
The F1 2018/2019 online mode does not give any names for real players...it gives a number..
I made a workaround for this but you need to know what car number each driver is using (easy in a league but not in an open lobby).
There is a text file in Simhub\DashTemplates\GS - Options folder called GarySwallowF12019DriverNames.txt.
In here you can enter a drivername next to a car number and save the file.
Then load up Simhub and find my plugin options tab (Additional Plugins on the left of Simhub).
In here is a tick box called F1 Driver Name External File.
Tick this and it should now show the names you entered in the text file...

The F1 2018/2019 online mode does not give any names for real players...it gives a number..
I made a workaround for this but you need to know what car number each driver is using (easy in a league but not in an open lobby).
There is a text file in Simhub\DashTemplates\GS - Options folder called GarySwallowF12019DriverNames.txt.
In here you can enter a drivername next to a car number and save the file.
Then load up Simhub and find my plugin options tab (Additional Plugins on the left of Simhub).
In here is a tick box called F1 Driver Name External File.
Tick this and it should now show the names you entered in the text file...
not online, offline williams drivers and 1 mclaren driver shows like that. i changed that file but it doesnt change

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 87 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 124 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 171 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 333 28.2%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 463 39.2%