Simhub help

I have searched all over, and cannot find a simple user manual for Simhub.
For example, on the setup screen below:

No where can I find an explanation for how any of these settings work, how they function, what they are supposed to do.
What does "Effect low force" do, what does "Effect high force" do, "Base frequency" vs "High effect frequency", etc. etc.
I have found the Simhub forums, and the Discord channel, but nothing that starts from scratch. I can continue to poke around blindly, and eventually (hopefully) get a handle on what each of these do, for every effect available.

1629162873420.png

Second question:

How do I separate effects to left/right transducers. If I want one road impact on left transducer, and a different Road impact on right transducer?
I have custom channel map set up like this to experiment with only one effect. The Realtec audio below is sound card from motherboard.
This is output to a 2-channel Nobsound amplifier, via "Line Out" on motherboard, to "AUX" on the amp.
My MoBo sound also has a "Rear", and a "C/SUB", but amp has either AUX or USB input.
Do I need two amps? One for each transducer?
1629163309777.png

I can open "Road Impacts", but it simply has a left/right, and it does not appear to matter what combination I choose under "Custom channel map".
1629163567486.png

It has to be something simple I am missing, but cannot seem to find the answer.

So firstly, there is a wiki for Simhub. You should get info for both setting up your tactile units as well as what the settings within the effects do. It doesn't touch every single thing, but there is a decent amount of explaining in there which should help shed some light as to what everything does.

Second, when you want to separate left / right channels, or front / rear for that matter, you need to select that option in the drop menu (mono, L/R, F/R, corners). Once you've selected the option you'd like to use, in the channels section you assign what unit does what. So if you have 2 units under your seat, left and right, and you want to feel stereo kerb effects, you select L/R in the effect drop down box, assign channel A to road bumps > left and channel B to road bumps > right. Looking at your screenshot you actually have it set up correctly. The only thing that may be off is that channel A might be the right unit and channel B might be the left. So you just need to make sure you know what channel your units are assigned to and then use that info to correctly assign the effects.

So long as your amp has 2 channels, you will be able to assign a unit to each. You should probably be using the front L/R out from the soundcard, however. That's how I have mine set. When I had 4 channels, I had one 3.5mm jack > RCA connector coming from both the front L/R out and the rear L/R out. That should give you 4 channels you assign to the units. For your amp, just use the front L/R out and send that to the amp which will give you 2 channels, one for left and right tactile unit.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Thanks - I had found the Wiki, but when I looked at the Shakeit section, is seemed to be all adrino focused.
I have found more information on Windows sound card settings, so I'll check that out.

I still can't figure how to get 4 channels, (or if that will get me what I want). I only have one input into the amp. An RCA spitter? Two outputs from PC into one input on the amp?

I am able to set up "stereo" effects. What I am unable to do, is send one effect to one transducer, while at the same time sending a different affect to the other transducer. Thinking along the lines of what Mr Latte promotes, two transducers, both generating road impacts, but one road impact profile going to one transducer, a different road impact profile to the other.

Or, something like you are working towards, one large BK, along with a TST. I would not want that set to stereo correct? I want certain effects sent to the BK only, and other effects sent to the TST only. Two transducers operating independently of each other.

I am struggling to describe what I am wanting to produce - my apologies.

Upvote 0
The only thing I can think of is your amp is a single channel and you have 2 units wired to it regardless, perhaps in series or parallel mode? You're amp should have 2 RCA inputs, a red plug and a white plug, if it's a 2 channel amp. RED = LEFT, WHITE = RIGHT, so 2 channels. Your soundcard will have 3.5mm headphone jacks as outputs. If it's 5.1 channel output, then one jack will carry front L/R, one will carry rear surround (again, 2 channels) and you'll have a mono Sub output. These are more than enough channels, you only need to use the front L/R output into the amp. You'll need a 3.5mm > RED+WHITE RCA cable to wire it correctly.

If this is the case, then you're easily able to separate the units into L/R config, or whatever else you want to use them for. First establish your amp is NOT mono. If it is, you're not going to get what you want.

Upvote 0
This is the amp I have:

The only inputs are mini-USB, and AUX., with two speaker outputs, which are wired to my transducers. It does not have the typical RCA inputs, as I have had on all my headphone amps.

When connected via USB, it uses its built in sound card, and displays as a USB sound card - 2 channels.

When connected via AUX, it appears to only work using 'line out" from PC, in which case it displays as Realtec Audio - 2 channels.

Thanks

Upvote 0
OK - finally found what I needed from internet search that took me to a SIMHUB forum post
Use checkbox under "output", "Use separate output channel settings", and give it a name.

1629231971460.png

Now I can go to Sound Output/custom channel map, and select the effect I just created, like below.
Now, finally, I have one effect mapped to left only, and one effect to right only. Maybe there is a better/easier way? But this got it done.
This is what I wanted, two different effects, each isolated to one transducer

1629232021994.png

Upvote 0
Good you sorted it. It sounded more like you were having issues connecting and assigning the channels. Actually, it looks more like an issue with simhub and the way it handles multiple effects within a group of the same name. I gather before the effect was simply labeled “road impacts” with no way to assign small and large effects to a single unit at a time.

Upvote 0
@anton_Chez - that is correct. So I have to add a third "road impacts", to the effects list, check the "use separate output channel", and give it a name, should I want to add another profile for impacts.

I love having SIMHUB to use, and was happy to pay for a premium subscription, but that was not intuitive, for me at least, no "save", just enter a name, and it displays under "channels".

Simple enough now that I know how it works.

Upvote 0
I need a little more help.

I am wanting to save a SimHub profile, so I can have one for AC and a different one for ACC.

When I go to "profiles manager", and click on add profile, it gives me a blank profile with no effects.

Surely there is a way to do some sort of "save as" with setup I have already built?

I could add each effect separately to a blank profile, and build a setup that way, but seems like there would be an easier way.

Thanks

Upvote 0
Surely there is a way to do some sort of "save as" with setup I have already built?
Indeed. In ShakeIt Bass Shakers Effects Profile,
there are Profiles manager and Edit Profile.
If you select Profiles manager, I expect that you will find
more than one profile listed in AVAILABLE PROFILES
perhaps some for Any Game, then others for specific games
and likely multiple profiles with the same name.

Immediately next to the NEW PROFILE button are 5 more icons:
  1. Clone profile
  2. Edit profile
  3. Delete profile
  4. Import profile (from your Documents\SimHub folder)
  5. Export profile (to your Documents\SimHub folder)
Unless one is very careful and methodical, it can become difficult to sort
which AVAILABLE PROFILES correspond to Documents\SimHub files.

Upvote 0
Indeed. In ShakeIt Bass Shakers Effects Profile,
there are Profiles manager and Edit Profile.
If you select Profiles manager, I expect that you will find
more than one profile listed in AVAILABLE PROFILES
perhaps some for Any Game, then others for specific games
and likely multiple profiles with the same name.

Immediately next to the NEW PROFILE button are 5 more icons:
  1. Clone profile
  2. Edit profile
  3. Delete profile
  4. Import profile (from your Documents\SimHub folder)
  5. Export profile (to your Documents\SimHub folder)
Unless one is very careful and methodical, it can become difficult to sort
which AVAILABLE PROFILES correspond to Documents\SimHub files.

That is what I needed! Clone profile, rename it, and then customize.

many thanks

Upvote 0

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 321 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 222 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 214 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 165 7.9%