Resource icon

Misc SimHub Headlight Flasher Plugin 2.0

Login or Register an account to download this content
TheLichten submitted a new resource:

SimHub Headlight Flasher Plugin - Adds to SimHub a Configurable Headlight Flasher, for Sims without that function

This Plugin uses SimHub: https://www.simhubdash.com/

This Plugin adds a Headlight Flasher. This allows you to simply press a button once to trigger a set of flashes (configurable in length and number) by toggling the Headlight button, useful for Sims without a Flasher (Rfactor 2, AMS1, etc.). It allways makes an on and off toggle, so when headlights are on at Night they will remain on afterwards.
The Headlight Flasher is available by mapping in SimHub in Controlls a Button to...

Read more about this resource...

Flashing isnt working here in rF2. I guess its because the lights in rfs here are mapped to H. But the plugin is using L.
After clicking the field for "headlight key" i cant put in a new key. Other fields like the flash lenght and number of flashes are working/reacting on the keyboard (also enabled in the settings).

Any idea?

Once mapped it works great by the way :thumbsup:

Last edited:
hey mate, do you plan to add automatic flashing lights when on pitlane?
Can you add the option to activate flashing lights when pit-limiter is activated?
I think adding a key binding option for pit-lane lights is enough.
Thanks for the plug-in!!

TheLichten updated SimHub Headlight Flasher Plugin with a new update entry:

v1.1: rf2 Autoheadlight Aid Support and Morse Messaging

-Fixed Enabled checkbox not being changeable (you could not turn it off)
-Added Tooltips explaining each Setting and what it does
-Added Revert Button to Revert changes that have not been applied
-Added Support for rFactor 2 Auto Headlight Aid
-Added FlashMessage Action, which flashes a configurable Text message in Morse Code
-Changed Warning Messages to be less Autistic and less Obnoxious
-Changed Default Flashlength from 250ms to 200ms (this only applies to fresh installs)

Read the rest of this update entry...

cant seem to get it working for me, followed the instructions but nothing happens.
Let me take a guess: You forgot to map the key ingame, or mapped it to your controller instead of the key you specified in simhub.

If that is not it you might have screwed up the SimHub Action binding. You can test if the key is getting pressed by opening a text editor and pressing the button you mapped the FlashHeadlights Action onto

TheLichten updated SimHub Headlight Flasher Plugin with a new update entry:

v2.0 Compatibility with SimHub v7.4.7 and beyond

v2.0
-Fixed Compatibility with SimHub v7.4.7 and beyond (for now). This is due to SimHub changing the Keyboard Emulator library this plugin uses too
-Added Message for when this problem arises in the future
-Fixed bug with rf2-Autoheadlight support soft locking SimHub when triggering the Flash Action while rf2 is not running
-rf2-Autoheadlight support is now default for new installs

Read the rest of this update entry...

Hi, thanks for this, much nicer that the standalone one for me (as I use SimHub extensively anyway).

One thing that you could improve is KeyDownTime. Some games have an issue detecting controls being pressed with less than ~40ms. I've seen this many times in flight simming (poor polling freq?). And this is also an issue with AMS2. Every other press is being detected often ending with headlights in an opposite state you started with. I recompiled your plugin with 50 and it works the charm. If you really want to keep 20 at least make it configuratble but from my experience I think that 50ms is a reasonable value.

Cheers!

Last edited:
Hi, First of all Thank you for this amazaing add-on. I've recently wiped out my pc and when I went to install it I am unable to make simhub open it. I've tried to reset simhub, remove and then paste the .dll again and nothing. Can you please help me?

Thank you in advance

Hi, First of all Thank you for this amazaing add-on. I've recently wiped out my pc and when I went to install it I am unable to make simhub open it. I've tried to reset simhub, remove and then paste the .dll again and nothing. Can you please help me?

Thank you in advance
I installed SimHub on a fresh virtual machine and dropped the 2.0 plugin in there, and it gets detected, it can be enabled, and then works.

So your issue is somewhere else.
-Make sure to place the HeadLightFlashPlugin.dll into the same folder as the SimHubWPF.exe.
-You might have missed the first prompt for adding a new plugin. Happens. But it will only pop up once. So how do we enable it then? Settings>Plugins. There is a list of all plugins that are in the SimHub directory, a lot of them are by Wotever come with SimHub, even if not enabled per default, but somewhere in there is the Headlight Flasher

Sadly plugin wont work properly with AC. I know AC has own binding for this function but not allways I can use it.
This plugin sometimes disable lights in sequence mode and sometimes not. Looks like sometimes flash 8 times sometimes 7. Same if I set only 4 flashes.

Sadly plugin wont work properly with AC. I know AC has own binding for this function but not allways I can use it.
This plugin sometimes disable lights in sequence mode and sometimes not. Looks like sometimes flash 8 times sometimes 7. Same if I set only 4 flashes.
Probably the same reason I described above. Too short time the plugin keeps the button pressed.

Hi, thanks for this, much nicer that the standalone one for me (as I use SimHub extensively anyway).

One thing that you could improve is KeyDownTime. Some games have an issue detecting controls being pressed with less than ~40ms. I've seen this many times in flight simming (poor polling freq?). And this is also an issue with AMS2. Every other press is being detected often ending with headlights in an opposite state you started with. I recompiled your plugin with 50 and it works the charm. If you really want to keep 20 at least make it configuratble but from my experience I think that 50ms is a reasonable value.

Cheers!

Well, I guess it maybe finally time after finishing the update to SimHubOBS (it is getting a rework for it's custom property to allow deep control and using propertys from simhub as values) to update this plugin by finally putting a slider in for keydown time (and set the default higher for new installs), as my decision of "lol funny strobe light so set the value as low as rf2 can handle with a some margin" was not particularly wise

Last edited:

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 84 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 122 10.7%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 166 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 315 27.7%
  • 100% offline racing