Apps Download removed [Deleted]

Status
Not open for further replies.
No no licence does not matter, have you tried to test like I suggested with nothing enabled in the setup tool in order to check Arduino can connect ?
You should see it here
View attachment 281590

Also take care sketch is made for common cathode 7 segment, maybe yours is a common anode ? : https://www.racedepartment.com/threads/simhub-diy-sim-racing-dash.121578/page-151#post-2716446

For a screenshot a simple copy/paste will work.

Thank your Wotever, for your fast answer. Yes it is a 7 segment with commonn cathode. Now, I uploaded to arduino without enabled anythinng in the setup tool. Just chose the board, the port and done the upload. But it's still the same, with an exception: The 7 segment shows now a random value. Still mysteriously.
I attached the screenshot here. As you can see, I receive only the "hello" from the board every couple of seconds.
Oh man... now i don't know how to continue getting it fixed...

Attachments

• screenshot_SH.PNG
    screenshot_SH.PNG
    60.2 KB · Views: 120
Thank your Wotever, for your fast answer. Yes it is a 7 segment with commonn cathode. Now, I uploaded to arduino without enabled anythinng in the setup tool. Just chose the board, the port and done the upload. But it's still the same, with an exception: The 7 segment shows now a random value. Still mysteriously.
I attached the screenshot here. As you can see, I receive only the "hello" from the board every couple of seconds.
Oh man... now i don't know how to continue getting it fixed...

There is something really sneaky, with a blank sketch it should connect with no troubles ,which arduino model are you using ?
Could you send your test sketch so i can compare to my code ?

There is something really sneaky, with a blank sketch it should connect with no troubles ,which arduino model are you using ?
Could you send your test sketch so i can compare to my code ?

It is an arduino nano v3.0 clone, that i bought at ebay. At first I had to install the bootloader, which i did with my uno and arduino version 1.8.5.
I attached the code as .txt-File, .ino and .zip are not possible here. It's just a for-loop that counts the numbers vom zero up to 9. There's no interaction via serial connection.

Now i've got an idea, that i'll try: Just configure with the SH arduino setup, opening the sketch with version 1.8.5 and uploading from arduino ide. I'll post the result later.

Attachments

• 7_segment_tested.txt
    776 bytes · Views: 151
It is an arduino nano v3.0 clone, that i bought at ebay. At first I had to install the bootloader, which i did with my uno and arduino version 1.8.5.
I attached the code as .txt-File, .ino and .zip are not possible here. It's just a for-loop that counts the numbers vom zero up to 9. There's no interaction via serial connection.

Now i've got an idea, that i'll try: Just configure with the SH arduino setup, opening the sketch with version 1.8.5 and uploading from arduino ide. I'll post the result later.

This didn't work. I also installed the bootloader on this board via arduino ide 1.5.13. After that uploaded the sketch and i've got still the same issue. There's no connection between SH and my nano board. @Wotever: Any other ideas? Maybe some configurations in win10?

This didn't work. I also installed the bootloader on this board via arduino ide 1.5.13. After that uploaded the sketch and i've got still the same issue. There's no connection between SH and my nano board. @Wotever: Any other ideas? Maybe some configurations in win10?
This is really surprising, not being able to get it connected is really unusual (if not unique, aside of hw issues) the bootloader mostly act when uploading, which is fine here, so any bootloader related issues are not an option in my mind. Could you try to enable the debug mode in settings then restart simhub and let it scan the Arduino a couple of time and finally send me the log files available in the log folder inside simhub install. not sure it will give much more infos as it can't get past the "hello protocol" but it's worth a try. The strange thing is that the "hello" step is just asking device name and declared hardwares, as soon as it is successful it will show as connected and start sending data. But since you get an "unrecognised" status it means that this "negotiation" fails.

This is really surprising, not being able to get it connected is really unusual (if not unique, aside of hw issues) the bootloader mostly act when uploading, which is fine here, so any bootloader related issues are not an option in my mind. Could you try to enable the debug mode in settings then restart simhub and let it scan the Arduino a couple of time and finally send me the log files available in the log folder inside simhub install. not sure it will give much more infos as it can't get past the "hello protocol" but it's worth a try. The strange thing is that the "hello" step is just asking device name and declared hardwares, as soon as it is successful it will show as connected and start sending data. But since you get an "unrecognised" status it means that this "negotiation" fails.

If it helps, my arduino nano v3.0 "clone" did the same thing at the first connections without any code on him ("unrecognised"). I open the arduino setup tool, and just setup the boost gauge, select the arduino nano and the arduino serial port. Compiled and uploaded sucessfully. From that point no more problems. "Connecting", "Hello" and "Connected" only.

Hello Wotever,
since yesterday my SimHub software isn't responding when opened. When I open the program, it loads up but is completely unresponsive. As in I can't click anything, I can't even resize the window. The lights and screens don't respond. I used it normally the last couple of months and it just froze up. Even after a restart and reinstall, there's no difference. And my donator license is not loading up, so basically a dead program.
Any suggestions?

Hello Wotever,
since yesterday my SimHub software isn't responding when opened. When I open the program, it loads up but is completely unresponsive. As in I can't click anything, I can't even resize the window. The lights and screens don't respond. I used it normally the last couple of months and it just froze up. Even after a restart and reinstall, there's no difference. And my donator license is not loading up, so basically a dead program.
Any suggestions?
Hi ! Could you send me the log files available in c:\Program Files (x86)\SimHub\Logs ? It should give some clues about what is happening.

Can't change top value :whistling:
The bar is shown above the box itself.
Tried alt-tab but can't reach that specific box, value is now 47 and can't be changed.

/edit
With some insane alt-tabs I managed to change the value.
Looking forward to a proper solution :)

Attachments

• simhub.png
    simhub.png
    29.1 KB · Views: 135
Last edited:
Hello Wotever. With 6.6.5 version, I'm having problems.
The simhub don´t stay connected with the game if I get out from iracing, and reenter ingame . No matter if in this race or another different one.
I must close and reopen simhub each time I change of game or session under the same game.
Could you take a look on this.
Cheers and Marry Christmast-

Hello Wotever. With 6.6.5 version, I'm having problems.
The simhub don´t stay connected with the game if I get out from iracing, and reenter ingame . No matter if in this race or another different one.
I must close and reopen simhub each time I change of game or session under the same game.
Could you take a look on this.
Cheers and Marry Christmast-

Could you describe me what features you are using ? I catched a bug a few days ago which looks similar it was with bass-shakers.

Yes. Basshakers and Gary Swallow plugin.
Do you need any log?
It could be helpful indeed, I just tested as best as I could every combo on iracing (offline/online/web launcher/beta UI..) and i could not reproduce it yet (even the bug I catched on some other games did not messed up :unsure:.
Have you tried to disable Garry's plugin just to make sure the issue was not related to it ?

Wotever updated SimHub, DIY Sim racing Dash with a new update entry:

6.7.0 Maintenance release

Hi !

I could not release it as 6.6.6 and trigger all the devils of past and future of sim racing :D So i jumped straight to 6.7.0 :D

What's new :

- Fixed some LFS data
- Oil pressure and temperature is now correctly using the unit settings
- Reduced periodic joystick scan CPU usage
- Reverted shakeit sliders to their original version due to UI overflowing issues.
- Added a replay manager to choose and manage game telemetry replays.
- Reordered iracing tyre temperature which were wrong...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 340 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 230 10.5%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 229 10.5%
  • < 4 years