Apps Download removed [Deleted]

Status
Not open for further replies.
BTW, speaking of Crew Chief and SimHub, it seems that the current version of SimHub installs a newer version of the AMS plugin than CC uses, so it's either CC or SimHub right now, not both at the same time.

It's fine with 6.5.4 as it uses the older version of the plugin.

But I'm guessing it's more of a Crew Chief issue with CC not using the up to date version of the plugin just yet...?
Well, yes and no, indeed I updated to the latest version of the dallongo plugin which gives some new AMS dedicated properties(I had the request numerous times) but it's still possible to run with the old plugin with ams by using the rf1 entry, and so stay compatible with crew chief.
But you are right in a way: if I don't write this trick anywhere it's just like it does not exists. I will write it in the game configuration documentation.

Hi, firstly thank you for making the excellent simhub software, I'm currently using it to drive my dash and bass shakers. Absolutely brilliant. I have a very simple shaker setup, a large one under the seat and a smaller one under the pedal box. What I can't seem to do is send just the lockup effect to the pedals. With the stereo effects it's possible to isolate left and right but a can't allocate certain effects to front or back. I could maybe add another usb sound card to drive each channel on the amp separately, but is there an easier solution that I have missed? Basic setup is usb sound card to 2 channel amp to 2 shakers.

Hi, firstly thank you for making the excellent simhub software, I'm currently using it to drive my dash and bass shakers. Absolutely brilliant. I have a very simple shaker setup, a large one under the seat and a smaller one under the pedal box. What I can't seem to do is send just the lockup effect to the pedals. With the stereo effects it's possible to isolate left and right but a can't allocate certain effects to front or back. I could maybe add another usb sound card to drive each channel on the amp separately, but is there an easier solution that I have missed? Basic setup is usb sound card to 2 channel amp to 2 shakers.

Hi ! indeed in default left right mode this effect is spread on both outputs It's possible to tune that using the custom channel mapping option, so you have the total control of the effects channels :
https://github.com/zegreatclan/SimHub/wiki/Shake-It-for-bass-shakers#advanced-output-configuration :

upload_2018-10-13_9-56-33.png

Brilliant thanks, I thought it would be in there somewhere!! I love the dashboards, I'll be making my own templates at some point. I have downloaded quite a few from various places its just a shame there is not a dedicated place for people to share them. Keep up the great work

Concerning ACC it looks like early access release 2 telemetry is a bit broken. I had a similar issue yesterday with web access ....... In my case the fps was at a robust 60+ which means that simhub was polling correctly the data. I thought it was an isolated issue since after tinkering a bit and restarting the game it vanished

Hi Wotever,

Thanks for the info on the dashboard web access .... i did notice the help prompt :p but the way i read it i thought it meant you could open the editor in a browser ... which when i think about it would not be very useful :):):) .... still finding just how expansive SimHub is .... only just noticed that you have also added bass shaker support so will give that a go soon. I currently use SimVibe but the interface is a complete pain in the butt.

I'll do a bit more testing with ACC and see if its random or a constant issue and report back.

Cheers
Jay

Hi Wotever,

Web Dashboards working very well ... it's great feature so I now understand why you decided to depreciate the SimHub server mode.

I did some more testing with ACC (Early Access 0.2.0) the update frame rate seems good when using a web dashboard .... seems to update faster than if i use a windowed dashboard running on the Sim PC.

The only real issues I can see with SimHub & ACC so far is the following :-

1. There are no lap time's
2. Does not seem to detect when a on-track session has finished and return to the idle/waiting screen.

I realise it's early days for ACC support so you can only work with whats there but would be good to get the lap times working if possible ?

Cheers
Jay

My USBD480 display has freezed a few times, recently 2 times in less than 1 day, in log this happens:
upload_2018-10-13_16-57-56.png

And it continues until I unplug & plug in the display again, restart of SimHub do not help.
Running w10 and the w10 dedicated drivers, any ideas?

Edit, strange, worked fine until today, now it seems to happen all the time. Connects (display is loaded) and and can toggle the backlight manually or when game close, but it freezes almost at once

Last edited:
My USBD480 display has freezed a few times, recently 2 times in less than 1 day, in log this happens:
View attachment 273969

And it continues until I unplug & plug in the display again, restart of SimHub do not help.
Running w10 and the w10 dedicated drivers, any ideas?

Edit, strange, worked fine until today, now it seems to happen all the time. Connects (display is loaded) and and can toggle the backlight manually or when game close, but it freezes almost at once
It looks like something is going wrong with the hardware, maybe the usb cable or a usb hub ? When the usb480 library returns an error simhub will simply try to reconnect again and again .it's what we can see in the log, originally it was more a safety measure for plugging/unplugging).

Hi Wotever,

Web Dashboards working very well ... it's great feature so I now understand why you decided to depreciate the SimHub server mode.

I did some more testing with ACC (Early Access 0.2.0) the update frame rate seems good when using a web dashboard .... seems to update faster than if i use a windowed dashboard running on the Sim PC.

The only real issues I can see with SimHub & ACC so far is the following :-

1. There are no lap time's
2. Does not seem to detect when a on-track session has finished and return to the idle/waiting screen.

I realise it's early days for ACC support so you can only work with whats there but would be good to get the lap times working if possible ?

Cheers
Jay
Indeed web access is way less sensible to game configuration (vsync, frame limit) when using desktop you have to find the right balance in the game config to leave enough GPU for simhub.
Concerning lap timing and disconnect it's indeed due to the early access status. Kunos only feed a few data (mostly physics) and nothing else, even the in race /out of race data is not fed preventing simhub from correctly detecting race exit. However code is already ready if kunos starts to feed more data

Concerning lap timing and disconnect it's indeed due to the early access status. Kunos only feed a few data (mostly physics) and nothing else, even the in race /out of race data is not fed preventing simhub from correctly detecting race exit. However code is already ready if kunos starts to feed more data

Hi Wotever,

Thats what i figured ... but good to know you are ready for when Kunos expand the shared memory API, looking forward to seeing full SimHub support when the time comes.

Cheers
Jay

Mr. Wotever…

SimHub is AWESOME.. the constant updates and Making so many improvements is keeping me quite busy, lol... My Rig gets better everyday it seems..
Couple of questions?
First is there a way to add Flags... Yellow - green .. LEDs?
Second, Nascar Heat 3 support, yea its kind of arcade deal.. But the Dirt late models are quite fun. I see a plugin folder within the game..

Thank you for all your work.. you are sure making racing a ton of FUN!!!!

Mr. Wotever…

SimHub is AWESOME.. the constant updates and Making so many improvements is keeping me quite busy, lol... My Rig gets better everyday it seems..
Couple of questions?
First is there a way to add Flags... Yellow - green .. LEDs?
Second, Nascar Heat 3 support, yea its kind of arcade deal.. But the Dirt late models are quite fun. I see a plugin folder within the game..

Thank you for all your work.. you are sure making racing a ton of FUN!!!!

Actually I think the answer of this question has been lost in the thread :D, I'm pretty sure to have submitted a couple of times examples of configurations for this :D, instead of losing it again I added the example to the wiki :D
https://github.com/zegreatclan/SimHub/wiki/Arduino---some--RGB-leds-configurations-examples

Concerning nascar heat, i've been looking for it when it was released but there are absolutely no clues of any telemetry available i'm sorry.

It looks like something is going wrong with the hardware, maybe the usb cable or a usb hub ?

Okey, it for sure is strange, the display is connected in an hub in an wheel, and the wheel buttons work ok. The display is seen in windows as ok and SimHub downloads the display once then it stops updating but SimHub still stops backlight when exiting game or software. Deleted and reinstalled the driver with no change. Have tried both rF2 & AMS.

Actually I'm building another wheel so I have a new display, I try that one and see how it goes.

Okey, it for sure is strange, the display is connected in an hub in an wheel, and the wheel buttons work ok. The display is seen in windows as ok and SimHub downloads the display once then it stops updating but SimHub still stops backlight when exiting game or software. Deleted and reinstalled the driver with no change. Have tried both rF2 & AMS.

Actually I'm building another wheel so I have a new display, I try that one and see how it goes.
Actually data rate is very variable, sending the whole bitmap is much more data intensive than just changing backlight moreover those instructions (backlight ...) are always sent before the display content itself so it can be successful even if bitmap is failing. I'm always very suspicious about usb hubs I had so much of them randomly failing in the past.
Could you try to enable the debug mode in settings and send me the log files after the screen fail so I can ensure there is nothing sneaky happening inside simhub itself ?

Attached the log, strange as it has been working fine until today so it could be some hw failure. This time display was only partial loaded. I try the other display tomorrow and also connect the display directly but I need to disassembly the wheel a bit to do that.

Attachments

• SimHub.log.txt
    39.4 KB · Views: 379
Attached the log, strange as it has been working fine until today so it could be some hw failure. This time display was only partial loaded. I try the other display tomorrow and also connect the display directly but I need to disassembly the wheel a bit to do that.
I can confirm that the log shows no errors for USBD480, only reconnects, which means that the error is reported by the usbd480 library itself. My nose tells me to look on the usb hub side :D

hello , i notice that TC data not shown on rFactor 2 to my dash.I use this "DataCorePlugin.GameData.NewData.TCLevel" but data label shows always "2"...did i do something wrong?
Since a few months rf2 offers two settings (I can't remember the difference right now) but one of them is not given by the API. I guess you are trying to change this one.

Sadly there is no telemetry, I've bought it and tried to see if there were some undocumented entry points but I couldn't find anything
Sadly there is no telemetry, I've bought it and tried to see if there were some undocumented entry points but I couldn't find anything
I'm noob at this, but my fanatec CSL Elite PS4 wheel shows rpm lights and gear for V-rally4. and that's really all you need for rally. rpm lights on wheel base are great, but shift light and gear indicator in the wheel rim is dumb idea, since you can't see it while moving it left and right constantly. That's why i use donator edition SimHub with android phone mounted on the wheel base. getting rpm light and gear indicator in SimHub for V-Rally4 would be greatly appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back