Apps Download removed [Deleted]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi ! It's a total coincidence but I've been working on Bluetooth support for simhub, it requires a few changes on simhub side. However the latency induced by Bluetooth (hc-05) is not what I expected, and I get approximately 50ms per frame for 16 LEDs . I've not tested yet if buttons in the current protocol makes the speed fall again. Stay in touch if it's correct enough release will come soon ;)

My first working prototype :
Excelent, pls let me know once you´ll have some working prototype, will love to test:)

Hi I could not see in your message if you have gone properly through the template configuration on the simhub side, since it's a "legacy" template you need to go through this installation process : https://github.com/zegreatclan/SimHub/wiki/Nextion-Display---Installing-a-legacy-template

Also make sure you use the correct serial port as arduino micro can be sneaky and "may" change of serial port name from time to time (when you plug it into another USB port for instance)

On another end it could be simply the game not properly configured : https://github.com/zegreatclan/SimHub/wiki/SimHub-Basics----Games-config-and-troubleshooting

If it still does not help could you send me the log files available in C:\Program Files (x86)\SimHub\Logs after an attempt ?

THX Wotever for your replay i will go trough the installation process again and see if i did something wrong it could be i have no experience whit simhub or nextion at all newbee noop give it a name
If i cant get it working i will pass you the log file
Regards
Wielo

THX Wotever for your replay i will go trough the installation process again and see if i did something wrong it could be i have no experience whit simhub or nextion at all newbee noop give it a name
If i cant get it working i will pass you the log file
Regards
Wielo

Well Wotever your a life saver i did overlook one setting in the nextion setup did leave use editor on and had template on but not the second setting so problem solved big THX for your time and effort
Regards
Wielo

Please help. I made a digital display based on arduino.
2 x 4 characters.
I travel mainly in Project Cars 2 or in Dirt Rally.
I was able to set the alba Sim Hub displayed my current speed and current gear.
I would like to set to show also the momentary distance traveled in kilometers (miles) or in percentages in the Dirt Rally game.
I can not find the right parameter in the Sim Hub program.
Can you help?

I am just preparing the housing for a plexiglass set. I promise to show the results of my work on film.
Regards

Hello everyone, I am new in the arduino world so sorry if I ask stupid questions. I would like to build a Dashboarh with 4 led strips and 4 push buttons, can an arduino nano support these elements?

Attachments

• IMG_20181011_191027.jpg
    IMG_20181011_191027.jpg
    872 KB · Views: 152
Hello everyone, I am new in the arduino world so sorry if I ask stupid questions. I would like to build a Dashboarh with 4 led strips and 4 push buttons, can an arduino nano support these elements?
Hi you can find both instructions on the wiki ;)
https://github.com/zegreatclan/SimHub/wiki/Arduino--Setup
https://github.com/zegreatclan/SimHub/wiki/Arduino-WS2812b-RGBLEDS--Wiring-Setup
https://github.com/zegreatclan/SimHub/wiki/Arduino-Press-Buttons

Edit : Take care the only 4 leds bar i've seen until now had different colors encoding and may not be properly compatible with the 8leds bars. See : https://github.com/zegreatclan/SimH...GBLEDS--Wiring-Setup#caution-to-rgb-encoding-

I'm really torn between using Simhub and SimShakerWheel for my bass shaker solution in AC. Both have pros/cons. Simhub has so much potential but I'm surprised I can't find any saved profiles on here? :unsure:

I've spent most of my time configuring Simhub to be more like SSW, but better. I could do with drawing my own curves, because I'm trying to experiment using wheel slide data to make a vibration that increases with grip, up to the point the tyre "lets go" or under-steers - which I want to stop vibrations on. Sinus graph is what I'm using currently to do this, but it could be better. :D

Using a single Pearl Throne Thumper for those interested.

I'm really torn between using Simhub and SimShakerWheel for my bass shaker solution in AC. Both have pros/cons. Simhub has so much potential but I'm surprised I can't find any saved profiles on here? :unsure:

I've spent most of my time configuring Simhub to be more like SSW, but better. I could do with drawing my own curves, because I'm trying to experiment using wheel slide data to make a vibration that increases with grip, up to the point the tyre "lets go" or under-steers - which I want to stop vibrations on. Sinus graph is what I'm using currently to do this, but it could be better. :D

Actually I have shared all my profiles as a default :D,
However in my opinion profiles are really hard to share, it relies so much on the hardware response, the mounting on the rig, how many channels are in use, the overall output volume used and above all the personal taste. There are so much parameters to the equation that I think that these settings are as personal as your toothbrush :D

Edit : For your approach of wheel slide i see a potential evolution : adding a "cut" level, it would be less tricky to configure than sinus.

A few days ago I wrote a post that having the possibility to add "custom effects", or edit predefined effects using ncalc would be a great additional(to this already great software!!). This would also allow your wish for a effect until the tyre "lets go" point. I'm not sure if it is something that is considered to be on the roadmap. Personally I would be happy to make a donation for the development of this feature because software like simvibe also costs $89, which I rather spend on simhub..

I've already discounted Simvibe from my consideration because it wasn't convenient enough to tweak in real-time, and doesn't play nice with content manager.

Hey Wotever! Simhub is overkill just for a bass shaker but I really appreciate extra development on this small bit.

Maybe you could give me some guidance on how best to setup road bumps because there no suspension vibration option I can see?

I feel like the way I've done it is a bit of a hack; but basically I've got 4 tire vibrations on 99 threshold at 1hz and 100% on everything else. So that I get the odd bump from time to time through my seat.

It's pretty great! But the con is; going into a gravel trap is now rather lacklustre because my config only works while on the track. Simhub's road noise effect actually works though (unlike SSW) and I enjoy feeling how fast I'm going, just from the higher frequency sweeps. Effects like these really steer me in the direction of Simhub.

Hi Wotever

I am still testing SimHUB on my test rig to see if I can replace ACHUB ...

I see that Sim HUB uses the CrewChiefEx plugin to get its temerity data. I already have Crew Chief installed on my main sim rig ... so three questions

1. Is your version modified in any way ?, if not i presume i can use the version already installed (most latest version)

2. Does it conflict with running Crew Chief at the same time as Sim Hub ?

3. Does Assetto Corsa Competizione also need this plug-in ?, if so where should it go ?

Cheers
Jay

Hi Wotever

I am still testing SimHUB on my test rig to see if I can replace ACHUB ...

I see that Sim HUB uses the CrewChiefEx plugin to get its temerity data. I already have Crew Chief installed on my main sim rig ... so three questions

1. Is your version modified in any way ?, if not i presume i can use the version already installed (most latest version)

2. Does it conflict with running Crew Chief at the same time as Sim Hub ?

3. Does Assetto Corsa Competizione also need this plug-in ?, if so where should it go ?

Cheers
Jay
1- no ;) otherwise I would have told it, I would not like in any ways to mess up with another app
2 - No ;) For the same reason as above :D, it's perfectly compatible
3 - No, AC competizione has no specific instructions, ACC is still in the early days so telemetry is still poor and plugins are not supported (and i don't think plugins will be at the end as it's clearly not a way kunos tends to follow for ACC)

I've already discounted Simvibe from my consideration because it wasn't convenient enough to tweak in real-time, and doesn't play nice with content manager.

Hey Wotever! Simhub is overkill just for a bass shaker but I really appreciate extra development on this small bit.

Maybe you could give me some guidance on how best to setup road bumps because there no suspension vibration option I can see?

I feel like the way I've done it is a bit of a hack; but basically I've got 4 tire vibrations on 99 threshold at 1hz and 100% on everything else. So that I get the odd bump from time to time through my seat.

It's pretty great! But the con is; going into a gravel trap is now rather lacklustre because my config only works while on the track. Simhub's road noise effect actually works though (unlike SSW) and I enjoy feeling how fast I'm going, just from the higher frequency sweeps. Effects like these really steer me in the direction of Simhub.

I will take it unordered :D

- suspension vibration : Actually "vibration" is the generic entry for this data, depending of the game is always expressed differently, suspension velocity, position, .... at the end it always transmit how the wheel moves and so reflects the road/bumps. Obviously this data is heavily influenced by the physical model of the game and the modeling of the track. Sometimes it's replaced for the worst games by a yaw pitch roll analysis of the car , that's why i can't name it "suspension".

- 1hz : That's quite a really surprising setting, I feel indeed that your big Pearl Throne Thumper , may have some troubles to give back multiple frequencies at a time so I see the main "intent" of your setting, correct me if i'm wrong : you are trying to unclutter the feedback to only keep some important informations, but like you said you will lose lot of details, 1hz means one oscillation/second, it's damn low :D, and it will not really match the effects the game is giving.

To actually fit your specific case I feel that the solution would be to be able to "duplicate" some effects in order to have multiple effects settings and frequencies....Or another option could be to be able to configure on effects different ranges with different settings (basically going further than just a curve). I fear that would be a little over complicated (for users) , but I will try to think about something in this way.

AC competizione has no specific instructions, ACC is still in the early days so telemetry is still poor and plugins are not supported (and i don't think plugins will be at the end as it's clearly not a way kunos tends to follow for ACC)

Hi Wotever,

Thanks for the answers to my questions ....

With regards to ACC why does the telemetry run slow ?, would enabling the option of making SimHUB a high priority process help ? ... I could use CPU affinity to run SimHUB on a core that ACC is not using which should lesson its impact on ACC performance. I have a i7 8700K on my main Sim rig running at 5Ghz so i'm not CPU limited ...

I'm still finding my way around SimHub ... after running ACHub for so long it's incredible to see how much work you have put into SimHub. The dash studio editor is a very powerful and very intuitive ... great work my friend, I've already created my first dashboard.

SimHub is running well, but would like to try running a remote dashboard via the web dashboard feature you wrote about in your reply to my post about the SimHub server mode a few pages back, but i cant see any documentation in the WiKi on how to use this feature .... is there anther guide somewhere ?, if not could you please explain the process ?

Thanks again for all your great work on ACHub and SImHub, I just received your email with my donator license .. its about time i gave you something in return for the three years I've been using ACHub.

Cheers
Jay

Hi Wotever,

Thanks for the answers to my questions ....

With regards to ACC why does the telemetry run slow ?, would enabling the option of making SimHUB a high priority process help ? ... I could use CPU affinity to run SimHUB on a core that ACC is not using which should lesson its impact on ACC performance. I have a i7 8700K on my main Sim rig running at 5Ghz so i'm not CPU limited ...

I'm still finding my way around SimHub ... after running ACHub for so long it's incredible to see how much work you have put into SimHub. The dash studio editor is a very powerful and very intuitive ... great work my friend, I've already created my first dashboard.

SimHub is running well, but would like to try running a remote dashboard via the web dashboard feature you wrote about in your reply to my post about the SimHub server mode a few pages back, but i cant see any documentation in the WiKi on how to use this feature .... is there anther guide somewhere ?, if not could you please explain the process ?

Thanks again for all your great work on ACHub and SImHub, I just received your email with my donator license .. its about time i gave you something in return for the three years I've been using ACHub.

Cheers
Jay
Hi ! Concerning the web access you just have to follow the instructions available here (make sure to open your firewall to simhub for remote access) :
upload_2018-10-13_0-9-6.png

Concerning ACC it looks like early access release 2 telemetry is a bit broken. I had a similar issue yesterday with web access, after a few minutes of digging into simhub code, looking if nothing was wrong,checking for internal errors, rebooting my router nothing solved it, until I restarted the game. I'm running a 7700k and CPU was pretty quiet too, nothing related to this and your 8800k should hold it even better . It's possible to check the internal simhub data reading speed by enabling the fps indicator in settings :
upload_2018-10-13_0-19-34.png

In my case the fps was at a robust 60+ which means that simhub was polling correctly the data. I thought it was an isolated issue since after tinkering a bit and restarting the game it vanished, but it looks like you are in the same case. I will make some additionnal tests to see if I can reproduce the issue and investigate a bit further.

Thanks again for your donation I'm really happy that you like it. Indeed ACHub is far away :D I probably rewrote each single line two or three times but the original concepts are still here and powering simhub :D.

BTW, speaking of Crew Chief and SimHub, it seems that the current version of SimHub installs a newer version of the AMS plugin than CC uses, so it's either CC or SimHub right now, not both at the same time.

It's fine with 6.5.4 as it uses the older version of the plugin.

But I'm guessing it's more of a Crew Chief issue with CC not using the up to date version of the plugin just yet...?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back