Apps Download removed [Deleted]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Wotever :) Today I noticed that the current version is 6.3.9, I had 6.3.3 installed prior.
After I've updated I noticed that inGame (rFactor 2) my CPU usage was about 15% higher then before, which becomes a problem quick, since SimHub already occupies 20%+ total CPU for me which makes itt already a close call for online racing with a big grid and AI racing when it comes to stuttering because of cpu overload.

With 6.3.9 it became suddenly 35%+. So I rolled back to 6.3.3 and the cpu usage came down again :)

Could you please have look what is causing the higher load, as this was always the most problematic part of SimHub imo, the additional cpu load that is.
I'm using some of the widgets from https://www.racedepartment.com/threads/rfactor-2-hud-simhub.143385/
Thank you :)

Hi Wotever :) Today I noticed that the current version is 6.3.9, I had 6.3.3 installed prior.
After I've updated I noticed that inGame (rFactor 2) my CPU usage was about 15% higher then before, which becomes a problem quick, since SimHub already occupies 20%+ total CPU for me which makes itt already a close call for online racing with a big grid and AI racing when it comes to stuttering because of cpu overload.

With 6.3.9 it became suddenly 35%+. So I rolled back to 6.3.3 and the cpu usage came down again :)

Could you please have look what is causing the higher load, as this was always the most problematic part of SimHub imo, the additional cpu load that is.
I'm using some of the widgets from https://www.racedepartment.com/threads/rfactor-2-hud-simhub.143385/
Thank you :)
Oh really strange, I just tested with a bunch of them with no problems, this high CPU usage would make me thing of a recurring error (High cpu is often a sign of that) could i have the log files after it happens (they are stored in c:\Program Files (x86)\SimHub\Logs)

Hi Wotever, i have a problem with my nextion diaplay since release 6.3.8. I assigned 2 different pages to 2 buttons, the problem is that this two pages doesn't work at all if i try to reach them using the buttons where are assigned but if i reach them using the buttons Next/Previous page all works fine.
Another problem is that at the end of each lap comes back the main page of the dashboard instead to keep the page chosen.
Clearly before release 6.3.8 i didn't have these problems and nothing is changed in my dashboard.
I hope you can help me, thanks

Hello! forgive my bad English, and above all if this question does not go here or is already answered

I'm admin of a Spanish league, I've been testing this system for a day like HUD, I have the SimHub 2.1 Overlay for rF2, I've got everything working but ... I can not get it to work fluid, for example if I look at the counter of the current lap, it is not updated in real time, but it is updated every 0.3 / 0.4 tenths of seconds. That makes certain things like the semaphore of the exit, the revolutions, speed, accelerator / brake bar, split ... things like this are not useful, to go with delay is not reliable.

I have tried putting those modules with HTML engine and there are no differences, with VSync and there is no difference, I only have to donate money, but before doing it, I would solve something or have nothing to do ?? because the weirdest thing is that I only go with delay when I'm on the track driving, if I'm in a garage, it works fluid, even if I put the AI to drive my car, it's fluid! but when I drive, delay ...

I appreciate help

Hello! forgive my bad English, and above all if this question does not go here or is already answered

I'm admin of a Spanish league, I've been testing this system for a day like HUD, I have the SimHub 2.1 Overlay for rF2, I've got everything working but ... I can not get it to work fluid, for example if I look at the counter of the current lap, it is not updated in real time, but it is updated every 0.3 / 0.4 tenths of seconds. That makes certain things like the semaphore of the exit, the revolutions, speed, accelerator / brake bar, split ... things like this are not useful, to go with delay is not reliable.

I have tried putting those modules with HTML engine and there are no differences, with VSync and there is no difference, I only have to donate money, but before doing it, I would solve something or have nothing to do ?? because the weirdest thing is that I only go with delay when I'm on the track driving, if I'm in a garage, it works fluid, even if I put the AI to drive my car, it's fluid! but when I drive, delay ...

I appreciate help

Hi ! The performances will be highly depending of your game settings and hardware settings, overlays have been designed to be universal but RF2 specifically randomly gives lot of difficulties to the overlays. you can test the full speed anytime by clicking on "test donator full speed" so you can see before how it will perform on your system. However the "SimHub 2.1 Overlay for rF2" has been conceived with older versions of simhub and it doesn't takes advantage of most of the optimisations i've been doing during the last 6 months so this hud is not really representative of what simhub can do.

Hi Wotever, i have a problem with my nextion diaplay since release 6.3.8. I assigned 2 different pages to 2 buttons, the problem is that this two pages doesn't work at all if i try to reach them using the buttons where are assigned but if i reach them using the buttons Next/Previous page all works fine.
Another problem is that at the end of each lap comes back the main page of the dashboard instead to keep the page chosen.
Clearly before release 6.3.8 i didn't have these problems and nothing is changed in my dashboard.
I hope you can help me, thanks
Hi ! Yes I got reports of that, fix is on the road ;)

Just after a little advice, I have 2 AuraSound Pro tactile transducers, Now I was going to put one on or under the seat, And one to the pedals, But I have ordered all the motors and parts for the pedal shakers, So do I still put a shaker on the pedels, Or put the 2 shakers somewhere slse.

Just after a little advice, I have 2 AuraSound Pro tactile transducers, Now I was going to put one on or under the seat, And one to the pedals, But I have ordered all the motors and parts for the pedal shakers, So do I still put a shaker on the pedels, Or put the 2 shakers somewhere slse.
I had to dig accross the thread but I found my previous response about the same question ;) : https://www.racedepartment.com/threads/simhub-diy-sim-racing-dash.121578/page-161#post-2726155

• Deleted member 113561

Can anyone help me, I want to change 2 things but I don't know how. The game is rFactor 2

I took an existing dashboard, Mercedes AMG GT3 from the megapack I found here on racedepartment and started modifying it.

1. Change from Relative Gap to Positional Gap
Now on the dash (you have to use Button A to turn the page) you have a way to see the car RELATIVE ahead, not POSITION .... but I want to change it to position. There would be also the question what does it show when I am 1 or more laps behind, does it still show in seconds or does it change ie. to -1 lap?
443m464c5uhpcxdzg.jpg

All the code related to it:
if(isnull([PersistantTrackerPlugin.DriverAhead_00_Gap],0)=0,'',[PersistantTrackerPlugin.DriverAhead_00_Name])
if(isnull([PersistantTrackerPlugin.DriverAhead_00_Gap],0)=0,'',[PersistantTrackerPlugin.DriverAhead_00_Name])

if(isnull([PersistantTrackerPlugin.DriverBehind_00_Gap],0)=0,'',[PersistantTrackerPlugin.DriverBehind_00_Name])
if([PersistantTrackerPlugin.DriverBehind_00_Gap]=0,'-',(isnull([PersistantTrackerPlugin.DriverBehind_00_Gap],'-') >=0?'+':'')+format(isnull([PersistantTrackerPlugin.DriverBehind_00_Gap],'-') ,'0.00'))

2. Make the background so that it changes color when a flag appears
Ie. When yellow flag appears that the background of the dashboard turns yellow, ofc not that of the widgets as they have an own background.
Ofc certain flags superseed others ... black > yellow > blue

Any help is appreciated :)

Can anyone help me, I want to change 2 things but I don't know how. The game is rFactor 2

I took an existing dashboard, Mercedes AMG GT3 from the megapack I found here on racedepartment and started modifying it.

1. Change from Relative Gap to Positional Gap
Now on the dash (you have to use Button A to turn the page) you have a way to see the car RELATIVE ahead, not POSITION .... but I want to change it to position. There would be also the question what does it show when I am 1 or more laps behind, does it still show in seconds or does it change ie. to -1 lap?
443m464c5uhpcxdzg.jpg

All the code related to it:

if(isnull([PersistantTrackerPlugin.DriverBehind_00_Gap],0)=0,'',[PersistantTrackerPlugin.DriverBehind_00_Name])
if([PersistantTrackerPlugin.DriverBehind_00_Gap]=0,'-',(isnull([PersistantTrackerPlugin.DriverBehind_00_Gap],'-') >=0?'+':'')+format(isnull([PersistantTrackerPlugin.DriverBehind_00_Gap],'-') ,'0.00'))

2. Make the background so that it changes color when a flag appears
Ie. When yellow flag appears that the background of the dashboard turns yellow, ofc not that of the widgets as they have an own background.
Ofc certain flags superseed others ... black > yellow > blue

Any help is appreciated :)

Hi concerning the ahead above you can use the LB components, it contains a "relative" mode to keep focused on you (and you can take the -1 player and the +1) here a sample, it's an overlay but it containsd exactly what you needs : https://www.dropbox.com/s/7bnif0p64at1zx8/SimHub - Mini Leaderboard.simhubdash?dl=0

Concerning the falg background, actually you can remove the backgrounds of the widgets (choose a transparent color) or a little more easy but not with the exact same result, use a rectangle with a partially transparent color over the whole dash.

Edit : the LB components handles the -1 +1 lap instead of the gap automatically;)

• Deleted member 113561

Hi concerning the ahead above you can use the LB components, it contains a "relative" mode to keep focused on you (and you can take the -1 player and the +1) here a sample, it's an overlay but it containsd exactly what you needs : https://www.dropbox.com/s/7bnif0p64at1zx8/SimHub - Mini Leaderboard.simhubdash?dl=0
Is that not only P1 P2 P3 showing there? Or is that car ahead and behind in position?
Concerning the falg background, actually you can remove the backgrounds of the widgets (choose a transparent color) or a little more easy but not with the exact same result, use a rectangle with a partially transparent color over the whole dash.
I actually do not know which "functions" I need to use so that the background changes to a specific color if event x (ie. yellow flag) happens & how to say that Black > Yellow > Blue

Is that not only P1 P2 P3 showing there? Or is that car ahead and behind in position?

I actually do not know which "functions" I need to use so that the background changes to a specific color if event x (ie. yellow flag) happens & how to say that Black > Yellow > Blue
It's around you, so it's ahead and behind in position ;)

you need to put three coloured rectangles (you can't change the dash background itself.
In visibility to ensure the priority put this :
for the black :
[DataCorePlugin.GameData.NewData.Flag_Black]> 0
for the yellow :
[DataCorePlugin.GameData.NewData.Flag_Black] = 0 and [DataCorePlugin.GameData.NewData.Flag_Yellow] > 0
and finally the blue :
[DataCorePlugin.GameData.NewData.Flag_Black] = 0 and [DataCorePlugin.GameData.NewData.Flag_Yellow] = 0 and [DataCorePlugin.GameData.NewData.Flag_Blue] > 0
Take care flag supports heavily vary depending of the game

Hi ! The performances will be highly depending of your game settings and hardware settings, overlays have been designed to be universal but RF2 specifically randomly gives lot of difficulties to the overlays. you can test the full speed anytime by clicking on "test donator full speed" so you can see before how it will perform on your system. However the "SimHub 2.1 Overlay for rF2" has been conceived with older versions of simhub and it doesn't takes advantage of most of the optimisations i've been doing during the last 6 months so this hud is not really representative of what simhub can do.
Thanks for the quick reply!! I've tried the full speed test mode, but it's the same. As I say I could think it's my configuration or hardware, but what I find very strange, is that when I drive the AI or I'm in the pits, it's going well! I have recorded a video to see if this looks better:

You can see clearly in time, as it goes up every 3/4 tenths, or as the speed or bar accelerate / slow down they jump, however when the AI takes control, perfect. That's the weird thing and I do not know if someone has an explanation ...

If the SimHub 2.1 Overlay for rF2 is not a good option, is there another alternative for rF2?

Thanks for the quick reply!! I've tried the full speed test mode, but it's the same. As I say I could think it's my configuration or hardware, but what I find very strange, is that when I drive the AI or I'm in the pits, it's going well! I have recorded a video to see if this looks better:

You can see clearly in time, as it goes up every 3/4 tenths, or as the speed or bar accelerate / slow down they jump, however when the AI takes control, perfect. That's the weird thing and I do not know if someone has an explanation ...

If the SimHub 2.1 Overlay for rF2 is not a good option, is there another alternative for rF2?
Actually its a pretty good hud, the weakness comes from the leaderboard if you don't use it it's a fine hud.

Concerning the lag, it really looks like it's slowing down at a pretty regular timing, indeed it's not the kind of slowdown I was talking about this one is really out of what I would have expected. Just to get some clues of what is happening could you give me some additionnal infos ?
Are you using the html engine ?
Does a dash shown on a phone have the same slowdowns ? (it will help to understand where the slowdown is taking place)
Could I have the log files ? They are available in the simhub install directory

OK thx ;-)

1 - Pitlimiter in pcars2 is supported, but it does'nt work?

2 - Thrustmaster master with specific game is possible for an update?

3 - A reset for all effect parameters to bass shaker is possible for an update?

:) I know it takes a lot of time, but simhub must be a must, courage !!! ;-)

Last edited:
OK thx ;-)

Pitlimiter in pcars2 is supported, but it does'nt work?

Thrustmaster master with specific game is possible? :) I know it takes a lot of time, but simhub must be a must ;-)
Hi ! Indeed, i've found a little mistake on pitlimiter, however it's a "fake one", i use the pit lane infos since the game doesn't gives explicitely the pit limiter info

Yeah the thrustmaster plugin would deserve a little more love, I have it on my todo list :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 92 7.7%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 125 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 171 14.3%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 336 28.2%