Apps Download removed [Deleted]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi.

Right now, I'm using two android phones (LG G4 and LG G6) with SimHub and rFactor2 and my question is: Can I make somehow two separate buttons to switch screen on dash? Now, when I press button on my wheel to switch screen to next I'm switching screens on both my phones. Is it posible to make buttonX switch screen only on phone1 and buttonY switch screen only on phone2?

Cheers
Hi ! It's not possible yet, but I will add it soon, it's definitely a missing thing for people using multiple dash at the same time

Hello dear Wotover. I have a question: how do I assign a key or button (from the keyboard or the keypad of my cockpit), to change the pages of the dashstudio ?. It can?.
Thank you very much once again, friend!

Hi !

Tu use the keyboard you must enable first the keyboard plugin into the settings,
keyboard inputs can be very annoying, use it with caution ;)
upload_2017-12-12_7-44-38.png

Then use it in "Controls and events" / "controls"
upload_2017-12-12_7-48-0.png

upload_2017-12-12_7-47-14.png

Ok, and one more question from me. Or maybe two ;P
How to get a time of last lap of specific driver (I want to make a live timing on my dash) from rFactor2? Right now I can get only best lap of specific driver and this is useless during race.

Also, Is it posible to get gap to driver ahead and back with more than 5 positions of me? When I'm using [DriverAhead_XX_Gap] and [DriverBehind_XX_Gap] it is posible only to put in "XX" place a numbers "01" to "04". "05" and next numbers did not working. Or maybe is it posible to get "gap to leader" and put it on leaderboard with 45 possible places?

Hi
I present you my F1 Wheel !!

waiting for the final screen

thank you for everything
View attachment 226218

Love it. Another 3Drap wheel :D I'm currently building mine. Many questions as mine is still coming together...
What screen are you using?
How easy was it to apply the carbon wrap?
What have you covered the handles with and where did you source the material? I seem to only be able to find either tiny samples or a massive roll of fabric :confused:

Specs on mine will be: 12 push buttons + 2x 2-way toggle switch (=4 buttons) + 3 rotary encoders inc a momentary button (= another 3 buttons), so a total of 27 buttons total including the paddles and encoders.
Waveshare 4" HDMI screen @ 800x480, 16xRGB leds, Leo Bodnar button box circuit board, bus-powered USB hub. I'm just waiting on some screws coming, but am already working on mounting the internal boards making some brackets out of aluminium.

Hello!
Ive stumble on a issue with my nextion dash. When i run it on F1 2017 it works flawlessly but when playing AC or PC2 the whole screen gets messed up where the idle screen penetrates through the main screen when in game and becomes unusable, like this:
View attachment 226480

Should look like this when in game:
View attachment 226481

Any ideas why this is? :)

Last edited:
Hello!
Ive stumble on a issue with my nextion dash. When i run it on F1 2017 it works flawlessly but when playing AC or PC2 the whole screen gets messed up where the idle screen penetrates through the main screen when in game and becomes unusable, like this:
View attachment 226480

Should look like this when in game:
View attachment 226481

Any ideas why this is? :)
Hum ! It really looks like a nextion bug, or maybe a data it's not liking,
From my POV, I would eventualy think about opponenents name length (there is a setting for the max accepted text lenght in the editor).

I would simply comment or remove all the non working page mappings and put them back progressively until it crash again to locate the guilty data.

Love it. Another 3Drap wheel :D I'm currently building mine. Many questions as mine is still coming together...
What screen are you using?
How easy was it to apply the carbon wrap?
What have you covered the handles with and where did you source the material? I seem to only be able to find either tiny samples or a massive roll of fabric :confused:

Specs on mine will be: 12 push buttons + 2x 2-way toggle switch (=4 buttons) + 3 rotary encoders inc a momentary button (= another 3 buttons), so a total of 27 buttons total including the paddles and encoders.
Waveshare 4" HDMI screen @ 800x480, 16xRGB leds, Leo Bodnar button box circuit board, bus-powered USB hub. I'm just waiting on some screws coming, but am already working on mounting the internal boards making some brackets out of aluminium.

Not had a lot of time to spend on the wheel, but am making some progress.....

Although, I've caught the vynal wrap in a couple of places with pliers when doing up the switch nuts. Am considering peeling it off and doing it again - striving for perfection! I'll get some box spanners for doing up the nuts so I don't mark the wrap next time.

There will be 2x neopixel strips in that space above the screen for a total of 16x leds and I'll need to make a new screen cover (from 3mm black acrylic, which I may carbon wrap as well) with the correct size window for the screen and holes for the LEDs to shine through. For the USB hub, I've bought a cheap amazon basics one (bus powered) and taken it out of the casing to make it smaller so it will fit, and am de-soldering the USB connectors to solder the wires straight to the board so it takes up even less room - I've done 1 so far to the button box board and checked it shows up plugged into the pc.

Hoping to get it finished over the christmas holidays (when the mrs is at work!) :D

Am also working on some more dash studio creations... this time some GT3 cars. Here's what I have so far.

Mclaren 650S GT3 (copy of in-game display) - had fun learning how to create the led glowing effect (when they're on) in photoshop.

Mercedes AMG GT3 taken from photo of the real car https://i.pinimg.com/originals/9b/5a/46/9b5a467b47cde24ca502b5e93e5b2994.jpg:

Lamborghini Huracan GT3 (can also be used for the R8 as they run the same software by the looks of it) based on this photo: http://image.superstreetonline.com/...2016-lamborghini-huracan-gt3-digital-dash.jpg and this video:

The thing with these GT3 cars, is the display screens are very configurable, so you can pretty much have whatever information you want presented to you with varying layouts, as I have seen from many different videos (for the huracan), so there isn't a right or wrong version.

The Huracan/R8 one I put a bit more effort in, the TC & ABS will change to white when not at 0 and display 'off' as above when set to 0. Also they will flash up blue when the TC/ABS is in use (although assetto corsa does not support that property) - I've seen this on one of the onboard videos. Also the message "brake and clutch to start" will show when computed rpm % = 0.:)

I'll release these soon, once I've done the 911 GT3R (and probably the 2017 RSR). Let me know if there's any others I should include as well. Not sure about doing the 458/488 as the screen in that car is very wide so would be difficult to re-produce.

@Wotever thinking of getting your case for 2x8 ws2812 strips (+arduino case) from thingverse 3d printed for use with my static display (the screen that was too big for my wheel :D). Did you cut out the front and put in something clear to let the light through or left the front open, and did you print in PLA?

@Wotever thinking of getting your case for 2x8 ws2812 strips (+arduino case) from thingverse 3d printed for use with my static display (the screen that was too big for my wheel :D). Did you cut out the front and put in something clear to let the light through or left the front open, and did you print in PLA?
I've played with plastic transparency, i still use it on a daily basis like you can see it on my videos and I'm really happy with it :D, I guess any coulours would give varying results.
To print it I have a hotbed with katpton protection which gives a glassy finish of the face on the bed.

I cant connect TM1638, Arduino Nano a Sim Hub 6.1.5 Dirt Rally
Hours work well when I am on me desktop.
But when I start the game: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jadPDfvu1rY&feature=youtu.be
I see two cumulated things one easy, one less, for the regular blink I guess you edited the screen and enabled blinking option. It's an option available per screen, try to edit main screen and disable the option.

Then comes the disconnects, from what I see in the video I see "glitches" in the display. I would double check solders of the tm1638 .when not connected properly and reliably it can cause such disconnects.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 348 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 241 10.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 241 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 177 7.9%