Simhub Bass Shaker - 6 to 8 transducers how to

Hi gents,

I have been reading LOT's of threads regarding tactile feedback, however i have a specific question that i seem to not have an answer for. Think i would just ask before messing up.

I just set up tactile feedback on my rig (a sim-lab Alu extrusion Rig) and i am instantly hooked. I am still on the tuning stage, but already i know i want more effect separation. As of now i have 4 shakers on the rig, one on each corner - what would be chassis mode in Simvibe, but i want to use these shakers solely for the corner effects and road effects and nothing else. Thus, i was thinking of 2 or 4 additional shakers , on the pedal deck and seat for all other effects (RPM, Shifts...).

Having said that, in Simvibe i know how to achieve this. 2 Sound cards, one for chassis mode, another for extensions and that's that. output black and green on each card to the amps and to the transducers and i'm off to the races.

But how do i achieve this in Simhub? Can i use only one sound card, and use the subwoofer and center outputs from the 5.1 soundcard to drive the bass shakers on the pedals and seat? Do i also need a second sound card, and if so, how do i configure it to separate the effects from the "chasis" transducers to the "extended" ones?

Thanks in advance!

Can i use only one sound card, and use the subwoofer and center outputs from the 5.1 soundcard to drive the bass shakers on the pedals and seat?

On a 5.1 card you can drive 6 channels (read: 6 shakers). So for 8 channels you will need one of the following:
1x 7.1 card
1x 5.1 card + 1x 2.0 card
2x 5.1 card

Myself I am running 6 channels on a 5.1 card. 4 shakers for corners + 1 shaker for pedals + 1 shaker for backseat.

simhub can use multiple cards simultaneously when you check the option inside it.

About which effects goes where, simhub is king in this. You can select each effect independently and pick which of the 8 shakers will shake. Can be one shaker, can be all 8!

Upvote 0
On a 5.1 card you can drive 6 channels (read: 6 shakers). So for 8 channels you will need one of the following:
1x 7.1 card
2x 5.1 card

Myself I am running 6 channels on a 5.1 card. 4 shakers for corners + 1 shaker for pedals + 1 shaker for backseat.

simhub can use multiple cards simultaneously when you check the option inside it.

About which effects goes where, simhub is king in this. You can select each effect independently and pick which of the 8 shakers will shake. Can be one shaker, can be all 8!

Thanks! I am going to install a NLR V3 motion platform in this Rig, so i think 6 transducers should be the sweet spot - the same config you have, plus the motion platform! (maybe even overkill, i don't know).

I'll just order another amp and 2 more bass shakers and use my 5.1 sound card that is already driving the 4 one's i have to drive all 6 channels

Again, thanks for confirming my suspicions.

EDIT: 2 Amps so i can separate the channels properly!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I really don't need 2 more amps to drive 2 additional shakers... 1 amp with 1 shaker on the left channel and another on the right should do the trick... (left to pedals, right to seat).

So... i should be able to drive 2 more from this sound card, no?

My current setup is 4 shakers - each corner, coming from 2 amps (left and right each).

I then assume i can only use "speaker" outputs from the sound card, not the bass one ... or am i making a mess on my mind of this :)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Hey Dan, this is an old post, so I hope this message finds you. I am running simhub and currently have a buttkicker gamer 2 (BK-130 amp, 1 transducer mini LFE. I want to add a second transducer and separate the channels for better feedback. I will only be adding one for now, to get front/back separation. I only have the onboard sound card. I am using voicemeter to split the audio, to my single screen and to the buttkicker amp.

how should I proceed? Can I add a front tactile and separate the effects from one channel on the buttkicker? I am guessing not. i think I need to buy a 5.1 card like you mentioned. If you do go that route, would I still need to utilize voicemeter? Do you run exterior speakers from the same sound card, by just splitting the audio with rca y adapters? Just want to make sure I get the right stuff to do this. Thanks in advance for any help/suggestions

1x 7.1 card
2x 5.1 card

Upvote 0
I only have the onboard sound card. I am using voicemeter to split the audio, to my single screen and to the buttkicker amp.

Hi

I am a bit confused. You are using simhub? but you are also using the game audio to feed the buttkicker? How does that work with simhub? simhub (last I know) uses game telemetry to produce the effects which are sent to the soundcard. How does splitting audio works with this?

Upvote 0
I am confused too. I am running simhub. I have a 5.1 sound card. I also have a single screen. I currently am using voicemeter as suggested by buttkicker to send the audio via my gpu (hdmi) so I get sound from my single screen. The signal also goes to my 5.1 sound card. I have been able to set up one buttkicker amp and one transducer using one of the outputs on the sound card. I bought a second buttkicker and transducer to separate front and back feedback. I cannot separate the two for different effect. The only time I can get both transducers working at the same time is if I split the Audio signal (same channel) which gives me the same effects on both transducers. I am unable to setup or get a second channel to work with my other transducer. I don’t know if it’s something in windows I don’t have setup correctly or simhub. Thanks for any help this is really frustrating, after spending all this money.

Upvote 0
Update: I figured out most of my problem. My sound card wasn’t configured in windows as 5.1 in the settings, apparently it was defaulting to stereo mix. I now have separation for front and back! Feel is awesome added the buttkicker mini concert directly under the pedal plate on the RS1 realism is through the roof now I get to fine tune. Any suggestions for what to turn on/off for a 2 transducer front/back setup?

Upvote 0
Resurrecting this thread as I have a related question. I want to get 6 shakers for use with SimHub (4 corners, 1 pedals, 1 seat). I know with SimVibe, it's limited to separate sound card with chassis and extension mode, not sure why, doesn't sound like hardware limitation). Is this an issue with SimHub? A 5.1 sound card can connect to all 6 channels, which I'd like to use with just 1 amp to keep things more simple and streamlined. Thanks.

Upvote 0
Is this an issue with SimHub? A 5.1 sound card can connect to all 6 channels, which I'd like to use with just 1 amp to keep things more simple and streamlined.
SimHub supports patching any effect, including custom, to any available audio channel on multiple sound cards, e.g.:
SimHub6chan.gif

Upvote 0
1x 7.1 card
2x 5.1 card

Sorry to bother you on such an old post but can you recommend a good/affordable Amp to run 4 one on each corner one on my brake pedal and one on the back of my seat so your set up. I'm a little confused with what too get and also what sound card is needed. I do have a 7.1 ROG Strix sound card but no optical out but I'm guessing I'd only need the headphone jack connections on it anyway. Any help greatly appreciated again Sorry to jump on an old thread. Cheers.
Dean

Upvote 0
Before you proceed I suggest you hopp over to the "tactile feedback" thread for some "light reading" (and prepare loads of coffee or beer);)

(Spoiler: four corners chassis mode is an aberation of the past, on most modern rigs you will not achieve a meaningfull separation between the corners)

Short and crisp:

Peters rig report (rather high end, but very clear on the principles)

MFG Carsten

Upvote 0

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 72 7.3%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 102 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 143 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 268 27.3%