Simetik Racing Simulator

I recently came across these guys from Portugal called simetik, from what little research I have done and the very few reviews out there this rig is an absolute bloody bargain. Gamermuscle has a review of it and a 6month later follow up and the rig is as good as if not better than other rigs out there at more than 3 times the price. Has anyone on here have one or tried one? Mine should be here by Wednesday and I'll post a follow when I have built and tested it.

Can't argue with that price, but from looking at the images of how it's constructed and adjusted I'd be amazed if there was absolutely zero movement in the frame under full load from an OSW and load cell pedals. Customers seem happy though!

Upvote 0
Ordered this with shifter, handbrake and tablet/buttonbox-mounting brackets. On next week I'll see what it is like.

I expect it to be quite a revolution, especially in stiffness, when compared to my present PSeat evo. People have praised K2's rigidity so much in different review and in forums posts everywhere.

Upvote 0
Any chair recommendations?

I bought my K2 through GameTech and they did me a deal with a GTC seat which is used in their race centres throughout Portugal and Spain - I have zero complaints about it, it comes with a seat slider and has an adjustable back

Re the monitor stand. I have that, plus the shifter mount. The monitor does not move at all, I have an 27" AOC G2790 and it sits the perfect distance away from me.

UKD2tKN.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Put earlier few pic in other thread.
https://www.racedepartment.com/threads/advice-for-a-new-rig-and-seat.156093/#post-2783123

I guess that I have to consider to buy S's own monitor stand too, free standind stands which would be suitable take quite a much space so spacewise integrated design would be better(I have small apartment, and too much stuff...).

On the other hand monitor stand and monitor makes whole thing even heavier, I have to bt able to move it now and then(that's why I now put trolley/furniture(or which is right term in english) wheels(/with brake) on Simetik's corners.

Upvote 0
Glad this popped up. I came across this rig over the weekend when I was looking at P1 reviews. Due to it's small size and the fact I don't need a monitor stand or anything else fancy, it might work. The adjustability looks really nice to have.

Would it be sturdy enough with HE Ultimates and a OSW setup?

My setup will be:
Rift
2 HE Ultimate pedals
OSW wheel and this wheel https://www.simracingcoach.com/en/contenido/volante-gt1/
No handbrake, shifter, large button boxes and other peripherals
KB/M and screen will be on the desk next to the rig so I don't lose access to the PC

Any concerns? or just get a Sim Labs P1 and forget the rest?

I don't have one but I tried my friend's Simetik rig and I was very positively surprised! He also uses VR though, so as others say, I cannot comment about monitor mounts. But he uses an OSW and HE pedals and everything felt fine. I don't know what torque settings he was using but for sure it was not at the maximum for obvious reasons. It felt much more heavy and strong than my G25, but the rig was not shaking about, to my surprise.

So after having tried it I recommend it - I am thinking of buying one myself :)

Upvote 0
I don't have one but I tried my friend's Simetik rig and I was very positively surprised! He also uses VR though, so as others say, I cannot comment about monitor mounts. But he uses an OSW and HE pedals and everything felt fine. I don't know what torque settings he was using but for sure it was not at the maximum for obvious reasons. It felt much more heavy and strong than my G25, but the rig was not shaking about, to my surprise.

So after having tried it I recommend it - I am thinking of buying one myself :)
I know Gamermuscle has sort of the same setup with OSW on Simetik, he also speaks very higher about the quality and stiffnes/rigidity of this rig .

Upvote 0
It seem that, in my situation and in spacewise, I have order that monitor support too. When it's mounted in rig, is it possible to move part where monitor is attached longitudinally?

So if you don't move wheel/base but you want to adjuist monitor itself. I guess one option could be very long bolts and some spacer parts between monitor and vesaplate in that support.

Edit. ShinyAndy, could you clarify how's monitor support's vertical adjustment and as I said, is there way to move it closer to wheel/base? And I understand how it's mounted downwards to rig but is it "free/float" over wheel plate or is there some attachment there too?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Vertical adjustment is simple via two large thumbwheel type tighteners on the uprights. When you attach to the main frame you have a lot of possibilities for height and distance to utilise thanks to multiple holes in the brackets.

Mine is using the "closest" options and the screen is 40mm away from the back of the wheel base and 300mm from the rim. Personally I wouldn't want it any closer but as you alluded to, it would be easy to add spacers between the monitor and VESA mount if you did

Upvote 0
Given the overall cleverness of this fantastic rig, I think there needs to be no drilling done - maybe this picture helps

Attachments

• DSC_0384_1280px_1024x1024.jpg
    DSC_0384_1280px_1024x1024.jpg
    67.1 KB · Views: 489
Upvote 0
Anybody tried to mount a regular car seat onto Simetik frame? I have a spare seat from Mazda RX8 and I'm thinking of buying Simetik frame. I have a very limited budget for this hobby so I can't afford a racing seat and was wandering if I could use my spare car seat with it. Any tips, ideas, thoughts how to mount it?

Upvote 0
I have a Sparco R333 seat which is mounted on Sparco sliding rails for my Simetik rig. Its just a normal sports recliner seat as you would find in many cars. So I would expect the answer is yes, you could use it but you would probably want to purchase some generic sliding rails

Upvote 0
Hey guys was looking at getting a simetik K2 but not sure what seat to get. I don't want to spend too much on a seat and was looking at the GT omega RS6 seat but am not sure if it will fit right on, does anyone have any experience with the seat and any suggestions?

Upvote 0

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 290 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 195 10.4%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 195 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 142 7.5%
  • < 5 years