Simetik k2 Seat question

I have the same combo, you dont need a subframe but you'll need these

https://www.sportseats4u.co.uk/index.php?_a=viewProd&productId=764

The 4x bolt holes on the seat don't line up with the holes in my K2 but I see the newer K2 has slots where the seat mounts but I had to drill the sliders to get them to line up. Prefered to drill them out rather than the K2.

P.S The Sparco R333 looks great but isn't the most comfortable for longer sessions... hard padding & tight around the shoulders.

HTH

Upvote 0
thanks for the reply, had an answer elsewhere already. sliders and seat have been ordered now.
will have to see about comfort of seat, maybe send it back if i'm able to for another.

thanks again

Upvote 0
And I just put my old Playseat's seat to it few months back when I bought Simetik, also bought (on very cheap price) Playseat's seat sliders which both made adjusments possible and also heightened seat a little.

Otherwise very strong recommendation to Simetik's price/quality/strenght etc value. And it would easily endure DD-wheel iif you buy one.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Just received my Simetik K2 frame yesterday.
I also have a seat with four bolt holes on the bottom and bought the sliders.

May i ask a little advice before mounting the whole set: do i have to attach the sliders to the seat first? or to the rig? :cautious:

Upvote 0
are you asking if it will fit? if so, yes this one will.

edit: looked at the pic and the spacing for the bolts seem very big. not entirely sure without measurements.

Upvote 0
I have simetik K2 with this "https://www.gtomegaracing.com/racing-seats-range/gt-omega-racing-rs9-seat-seat-sliders" and it fits perfectly with the stand ...
I made a small change (I raised slightly the front side)

Mate, I know this thread is a year old. But I have the following problem with my xl rs by gtomega: the space between seatslider and seat itself is so small, especially, when I try to mount it on the front, with the extra bar you should put there, that I just cannot get this assambled. Did have the same problem with your seat while mounting it? And maybe some advice?

Cheers
Sebastian

Upvote 0
Hello,
I had mounted "RS9 Seat Simulator" with spacers, with all kinds of modifications ... and I did not succeed ... so I gave up and bought a seat "Sport FIA tech2" Sparco EVO II replica with "Bucket seat bracket set "from Sim-Lab ... it fit perfectly and it's much more comfortable ...

Attachments

• IMG_5726.jpg
    IMG_5726.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 257
Upvote 0

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 344 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 236 10.7%
  • < 3 years