SimCity 5

D'oh! I forgot all about pre-ordering this till about 16:00 this afternoon, whacked an order in on Amazon so it will still be here tomorrow, hoping it will be available on Steam though.

+1 for Forum section and RD District too.

I played the Tutorial last night, really like it so far, graphics are quite impressive, it feels more like The Sims than SimCity though, one dislike so far is the silly language the people speak in The Sims, why not English, even no speech at all would be better.

Ha Ha ..... this post brought me here from a google search.

I received the full game today. I haven't played it since the early steam driven computer days (not Steam as in the game Company). Lot of server issues, with servers dropping off-line or busy.

"Server busy rechecking in 20 minutes" ...... really? :rolleyes:

Anyway, I managed about 4 minutes of a tutorial, and was totally bemused by the character talking gobbledygook. I even went through my game and Origin settings to see if there was a language setting I missed ..... Doh!

So I ended up googling 'simcity 2013 speech not english' ..... and ironically ended up here :cool:

I bought my standard version from Amazon. After installing to Origin, they have DLC already, the city packs. British, French, and German available through Origin @ £7.99 each ..... There is a £20 difference from their (Origin) standard version and the all singing all dancing version. Upgrading this way makes it nearly £24 more. I suppose that at least you have a choice over what DLC you want, rather than the all or nothing choice you had up to now.

Are EA having a laugh here or what, I've just installed the game that I paid £34 for and I can't play because it won't connect to a server?, I've tried every available server, some just fail while other tell me when I can play MY GAME, they better get it sorted pretty damn quick or the game will be going back :mad:

SimCity.JPG

I think the game is really good, I've already played over 10hours since Thursday when it was released here, and I'm not about to turn my copy back :)

But, It would have been nice if they had made it possible to play offline too, cos the server issues is a bit annoying, when I logged in today at 13:00cet there was no waiting time, but last night I had to wait for almost 20min. before the server was ready again, and it doesn't really work when you want to play now.
The server issues should get better over the weekend, as they add more server space, hopefully, cos this game doesent deserve all this crap from EA

New servers going up, and others down for maintenance (my one) ;-

https://help.ea.com/article/why-cant-i-connect-to-simcity

..... wondering if my city is available in another server? Can't log-in to find out ATM :unsure:

EDIT:
The server I played in last night has my city. It is down for maintenance. I have logged into another server, and my city is not there. So I am hoping that the city will be there again when the original server comes back up.

New server = Tutorial again ..... Start it, go to options in the top right and 'exit to main menu'. You should now be able to build a city.

So much for 'cloud computing' my city/game save should be available no matter what server I join :mad:

I was about to post this .... Bram on the ball again eh?

Here is the announcement text, and the source link at the bottom.

Here’s a quick update on the problems we were experiencing with SimCity – and a little something extra for people who bought the game.
The server issues which began at launch have improved significantly as we added more capacity. But some people are still experiencing response and stability problems that we’re working fast to address.
So what went wrong? The short answer is: a lot more people logged on than we expected. More people played and played in ways we never saw in the beta.
OK, we agree, that was dumb, but we are committed to fixing it. In the last 48 hours we increased server capacity by 120 percent. It’s working – the number of people who have gotten in and built cities has improved dramatically. The number of disrupted experiences has dropped by roughly 80 percent.
So we’re close to fixed, but not quite there. I’m hoping to post another update this weekend to let everyone know that the launch issues are behind us.
Something Special for Your Trouble
The good news is that SimCity is a solid hit in all major markets. The consensus among critics and players is that this is fundamentally a great game. But this SimCity is made to be played online, and if you can’t get a stable connection, you’re NOT having a good experience. So we’re not going to rest until we’ve fixed the remaining server issues.
And to get us back in your good graces, we’re going to offer you a free PC download game from the EA portfolio. On March 18, SimCity players who have activated their game will receive an email telling them how to redeem their free game.
I know that’s a little contrived – kind of like buying a present for a friend after you did something crummy. But we feel bad about what happened. We’re hoping you won’t stay mad and that we’ll be friends again when SimCity is running at 100 percent.
SimCity is a GREAT game and the people who made it are incredibly proud. Hang in there – we’ll be providing more updates throughout the weekend.

Source: Maxis SVP Lucy Bradshaw

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back