SimCity 5

I don't want to wait anymore damnit. Has been too long without SC.

Does anybody know if SimCity 4 will work under Win7? Then at least I have something to build while I wait :)

63752_10151339075519866_1466021691_n.png

Similar for me. I'll wait till it shows up on Steam, if it's Origin free by that point.

If nothing else, I don't want 10 different content delivery systems, from 10 different publishers, one for each game I'd like to play.
Valve, Microsoft, EA, Ubisoft, where will it end? You were late to the party, or your solution was bad, tough. Offer something better to make me switch, don't make ultimatums.

Can't say I like Origin but it wouldn't stop me buying a game particularly, I currently have about 12 games on Origin, 1 on Uplay but well over 100 on Steam, personally I would prefer everything to be available on Steam. SimCity isn't going to be exclusively on Origin is it?

Can't say I like Origin but it wouldn't stop me buying a game particularly, I currently have about 12 games on Origin, 1 on Uplay but well over 100 on Steam, personally I would prefer everything to be available on Steam. SimCity isn't going to be exclusively on Origin is it?
Seems it will be available elsewhere as well, but you will have to have Origin installed, and be online to play the game. So much for my plans :)

If you want to download SimCity somewhere other than Origin, you'll have the option to do so. An EA representative confirmed with Joystiq that the title would be available for purchase on other digital distribution platforms, though a list of stores has yet to be finalized. SimCity is arriving sometime in 2013.

Lead designer Stone Librande confirmed that SimCity would be an internet-dependent experience. Players will need to be online on Origin while playing, even if that wasn't the point of purchase. The always-on connection becomes necessary with the game's emphasis on multiplayer and regional impact, and the use of a global economy that all players can influence.

http://www.joystiq.com/2012/03/28/simcity-requires-internet-connection-to-play-will-be-sold-outsi/

grrrrr where's my new game, grrrr where's my new game.

I'm, getting impatient now, I haven't had an invite to the beta, it was announced and pre order sooo long ago. I need it NOW! :D

Hehe, same here. I am killing the time with SC4 at the moment and Farmville is growing into a proper metropolis already :D

Read on a dutch newsblog that EA is going to make an educational version of the new SimCity for use in schools. Very nice.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 102 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 134 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 184 14.3%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 361 28.0%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 503 39.0%