Simbin Studios is now Sector 3 Studios

s3s_logo_final_corrected.jpg

As you may know, Simbin Studios announced this year that they are facing bankruptcy and will be restructured under a new studio to continue their efforts. The time has now come and Sector 3 Studios has been founded to take the reigns.

Sector 3 Studios will consist of most of the former Simbin staff and will continue to develop the RaceRoom Racing Experience title, with a major update coming soon to get them started.

Get involved in our RaceRoom community by checking out our dedicated R3E forum, or by posting awesome videos and photos in our R3E gallery!

Branding rule #1. When picking a name make sure its unique. Google search returns a record label with the same name. An Aussie based gaming studio with almost the same name that focuses on 3d racing games.

Next time do some simple web research first SimBin Sector 3 Studios. Can't be that hard.

We tried "my little pony studios" first but that was giving even weirder results ;)

But seriously, we went for a name we liked and didn't want to be restricted to what was out there.

Your Rule #1 only applies if your main target is having Google find you, our main target is to have the ability to make great games. And have people find those games :)

Does it matter?
With the internet these days it's almost impossible to find completely uniqiue names. You think of a name for a reason, so just because someone else has a similar name should not necessarily make you rethink.
No one cares about a record label as their paths are unlikely to cross, unless S3S want a new soundtrack for R3E anytime soon and the aussie game studio (assume you mean sector3games.com) do not focus on 3D racing games, they show 5 games on their website, 2 which include cars..that are the same game and they describe as a 3D platformer with cars.

Sector, schmector - it matters little, we'll soon enough get used to it. The important things is that we don't lose another sim developer. Congrats, Sector 3, on your renewal and continued business :)

Last edited:
Your Rule #1 only applies if your main target is having Google find you, our main target is to have the ability to make great games. And have people find those games :)

Has nothing to do with Google finding you. Its about building a brand name, a name that undoubtably should be connected to make racing games, which is indeed the primary focus. Picking a name that is already linked to two other companies makes it confusing to customers of all three companies, so from a business perspective its a poor choice to go for Sector 3 Studios.

The Twitter domain /sector3studios is suspended, the facebook domain already taken by somebody else.

Personally I do like the sound of the name Sector 3 Studios but it wouldn't have been my choice for this business, thats all.

I would have picked SBDT :)

Its fair enough what you say, but like said we didn't want our choice of name to be affected by anything external when we named the studio. We had a long list and boiled it down to three or so. We went in for global registration of the company name and we managed to get one of them.

As long as the game is good, i don't care what its called.

In the end we like to be shrouded in mystery and making it harder for people to find us is good :ninja:

Just get the core game and buy the ADAC pack for under £10. It gives you cars

New Class in R3E – ADAC GT Masters 2013 Car Class
• Ford GT GT3
• Chevrolet Corvette Z06.R GT3
• Audi R8 LMS Ultra
• BMW Z4 GT3
• Chevrolet Camaro GT3
• Nissan GT-R GT3
• Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG GT3

Liveries and 6 tracks including
• Nürburgring
• Motorsport Arena Oschersleben
• EuroSpeedway Lausitz
• Red Bull Ring Spielberg

You also get a few liveries and can use singleplayer or multiplayer

All this for under a tenner is a deal IMO.

The sheer fact that you have to list liveries as content is saddening enough, not to mention that this still won't add weather, pitstops, time of day, a proper damage model or any customization features like mod support or at least custom skins.

The sheer fact that you have to list liveries as content is saddening enough, not to mention that this still won't add weather, pitstops, time of day, a proper damage model or any customization features like mod support or at least custom skins.
Really, and who has stated this? The recent break up of Simbin and the newly formed Sector 3 means that they have the flexibility to constantly develop the title. Jesus, even GTR1 had night racing and GTR 2 had weather so I'm sure these things will come now that they've made the break. These people are sim racers just like us and I'm sure they will produce exactly what we want over time. I have full confidence.

^ In all fairness, most of the GTR1 and GTR2 crew are now at SMS - but Jay was also in on GTR2, of course. Anyway, with Race 07, RRRE and their other titles Sector 3 has all reasons to be proud, and they'll no doubt continue to make great racing sims!

Last edited:
We tried "my little pony studios" first but that was giving even weirder results ;)

But seriously, we went for a name we liked and didn't want to be restricted to what was out there.

WELL , i feel cheated already by the new GANG sector 3
you guys sell ADAC packs ,,but the cars need to be bought afterwards
like buying a book,but have to get missing chapters and pages

i thought you where cleaning up to repair the broken trust of RR hotlap debacle
but now you guys really are off the track with shady almost criminal merchandise tactics.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 77 7.3%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 112 10.6%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 155 14.7%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 291 27.5%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 419 39.6%