SimBin Release GTR3 Preview Christmas Image

GTR3 Mercedes AMG GT3.jpg

SimBin Studios are celebrating the Christmas spirt with a new seasonal message - containing a previously unseen preview image of the GT3 Mercedes AMG.

Having taken some time off from direct communication with the sim racing community in recent weeks, SimBin Studio took to social media earlier today to wish their followers a Merry Christmas - posting a seasonal image containing a new preview shot from their work in progress GTR3 racing game.

SimBin Tweet.png

Having started out of the blocks in somewhat inconsistent fashion, SimBin have spent recent weeks behind closed doors as they continue to work on the sequel to the much loved GTR franchise. Up to now the developers have teased images containing both Porsche and Aston Martin brands, with the latest image release from the now UK based studio showcasing another new car - the Mercedes AMG GT3.

Little remains known about the GTR3 game at this stage, however it remains encouraging that SimBin appear to be hard at work and making progress on what is certainly turning out to be a much discussed title!

GTR3 is expected to launch Q2 2019.

For the latest news, exclusive interviews and all the background discussion around GTR3 and SimBin Studios, check out the GTR3 Sub Forum here at RaceDepartment and keep on top of the news and stay in touch with the sim racing community.

Like what you see here at RaceDepartment? Don't forget to like, subscribe and follow us on social media!

RaceDepartment Editor-in-Chief, occasional YouTuber, commentator and broadcaster, with a passion for motorsport on both the real and virtual racetrack.

el_mattpro

250RPM
May 18, 2013
YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Mar 14, 2011
Honestly I even forgot about GTR3. Nice of you to remind me. Let's see what they bring on the table in 2019 :)

M D Gourley

1000RPM
Premium
Sep 17, 2015
I will look at this game when it shows up as the screen shot looks ok and it may be something that appeals to me personally...but until then I will drive the Sims I actually have on my PC.:D

amtoms

50RPM
Aug 8, 2017
Well. its cool to hear something from them....
I would have liked if they gave us a hint of the series they've (maybe) licensed, for example with an official livery. BUt obviously, its not the WEC.

Emery

2000RPM
Jun 6, 2009
Won't believe the image isn't a render until we see in-game pics. The last image they posted was so horribly polygonal it was laughable and now we shown this?!

randMracer

Shut Up and Race!
Premium
May 5, 2014
Oooohh a picture!! I can't contain my excitement. :sleep:

Paul thanks for your coverage as always, but shooting for a Q2 release you would think they'd have dem thar moving pictures by now.

Dobermann92

250RPM
May 16, 2018
"GTR3 is expected to launch Q2 2019."

Showing one questionable picture of a car every 2 months makes me skeptical. I won't get on the hypetrain unless some gameplay footage is shown via the cockpit camera.

tlsmikey

500RPM
Feb 24, 2016
I literally feel like we see the same message from these guys every three months. The title pretty much lost me when they said it was a stepping stone for RaceRoom and the more they keep flashing pics instead of game footage, the more I think this is just another one of those posts to try and help them get a publisher/funding.