SimBin: 'Don't worry about bankruptcy rumours'

ref_feat1.jpg

Various websites have posted news regarding potential bankruptcy of SimBin Studios AB, here's a little substantiated clarification.

RaceDepartment understands that the current SimBin Studios AB company is undergoing a large restructuring. Current projects, such as R3E, are expected to be continued under the new banner of the new studio.

It is understood that there have been a handful of job losses at SimBin, however the majority of the development team is expected to remain at the 'new' studio. We'd like to wish those who have lost their jobs all the best in finding a new position.

We're confident that the information we're providing to you is up-to-date and correct, and is not based on speculation from social media.

SimBin's own @Jay Ekkel said, on RaceDepartment's forums:

Ill keep it short and sweet for now.

New Studio, new (tbd) name, new location, (almost) the same team. And most importantly we will continue the development of the project(s).

More (good) news will follow soon (tm) ;)

Don't worry about it, services and development will continue as planned.

There's nothing to worry about in regards to support of current games, or the release of future games. Content that has already been purchased will still function as normal.
Image: SimBin Studios AB

Last edited:
Are you making up your own rules as you go along
What rules? What are you talking about?? Where did I say you can't text more than x? Trying to be fed a bit more..? No sir, not by me (I was quite successful in avoiding this in Dota 2).

Anyway I'm expressing my boredom in reading here and there all this stuff you've posted cause yes your entitled to blah blah blah forever but I've the same right of saying that all this stuff is just... vapor.

Listen to yourself. You perhaps consider yourself an intelligent person? You're claiming that because you weren't charged for the same content twice that's a discount. Think about that. No, don't hit reply, just think about it. Not paying for Brands hatch twice is a "discount"? Really? If you went to your estate agent and said "I'd like to buy this house" and he said "That's your house sir, but we can give you a discount!" would you be like "wow! a discount!"?

Just to clarify a thing and then I'm out for good... (too much time wasted) I'll explain this to you with an example:
  • I bought European Track Pack (first that came out)
  • A NEW European Track Pack with three more tracks was added at a later stage
  • I bought that one and I paid ONLY for the new tracks
In the so-called packages you are paying for contents you don't own. If there's content you already own and it's included in that package you won't spend a dime for that. Is it clear?
Exception is made for cars belonging to different categories (Z4 GT3 is different from Z4 ADAC).
Cheers Bagg 5k? Life's short: live it and love it.

ummm do you actually own any of the game besides the free content , have you used the store? ; as with your ai discussion im sure you havent really tried the game

As fascinating as I'm sure I am, you clearly know nothing about what I've done or haven't done and hence, unsurprisingly, failed miserably the two times you've tried to guess.

Why not talk about something or someone you do know? Or, you know, you could talk about the topic in the threads. Or not. When I was very small they used to get the over-excited kids that lacked self control to sit on their hands. Try that?

As I said in the other thread, I've played over 100 hours. Yes in the free content. Yes, most definitely with the AI on all its different settings.

I have used the store at length although (as is pretty obvious I would have said from the posts that have already said this) no I haven't purchased anything from it.

So 0/10 try harder Andi. Not a "good win" after all. Haha.

So 0/10 try harder Andi. Not a "good win" after all. Haha.

oh dear , little insults

think carefully
So do me a favour make your points , express your opinion , try not to be a muppet and belittle and insult people , because at present you are basing your arguement on a very limited restricted view of the game , wow you have spent 100hrs on the free content , but basing your opinion on that for the whole game is both narrow minded and pointless

So publicly ill ask you with all of your experience and knowledge to try to make your posts seem less like they re deliberately trolling

Andi

I have used the store at length although (as is pretty obvious I would have said from the posts that have already said this) no I haven't purchased anything from it.

So you haven't used the store at length then? ????? Confused at your remarks I am. :( Why make an argument out of nothing that you are not interested in? Strange. But it takes all sorts I suppose.

Have a nice day. :)

Last edited:
I have stopped reading your posts @Bill Baggdude a long time ago!
But I read all the others posts and replies to your posts.

And do I get this right, you have spent over 100 hours in a game you don't even like!???.. .
How ":roflmao:" is that.. :O_o:
Why the :devilish: would you do that??? :x3:
I know after 10 minutes if I like a game or not.
If that haven't changed in 20, that game is off my library for good!

And no, you don't need to answer this, I won't read your reply anyway.
But I know what your thinking, It sucks that all good games cost money! ;)

It's not about the amount of developers working on the game but the overall budget you have for development that you can spend on any resources and from that perspective imo valve is in a different league than s3s (which is not meant in any bad way). So I don't think it's fair to neglect that portion, as big companies can take a lot more risks in their decision making, trying things, the sheer amount of data they have how all the games on steam make their money...

The statement that comparing to TF is not ideal in this context, is not saying TF's or other's free2play models are bad or don't work. I do think however, them being valve and having that kind of reach, and the kind of games those titles are, makes them not comparable to this racing game, different target audience...
World of tanks, arguably a very successful free2play game also has its own "currency" and others do it as well, so it's not too uncommon.

I do agree about your point with the early-access model, but we don't know about each studio's funds and where they will be in a few years... so that's just speculation. Happily backed pcars early on, and if simbin had chosen that model, would have done so, too. They went for a different way to get access... but I have also no idea what the final price or content of pcars will be, and how much my pre-funding will actually be worth. Though given there is discounts for all those virtual goods all the time, you can either wait or buy now, the "value" is always what it is worth to you at the moment.

for many racing gamers licenses are important, I am not sure how "fair" the pcars approach of using unlicensed content and simply renaming is, but I am happy that r3e went for trying to get fully licensed content, and they have a few full series out.
Would also argue that r3e felt more "ready" when it came out, with pcars I sporadically tried every couple months, and only since end of last year I felt they are in an overall good shape (in my opinion).

like others mentioned, you seem really zeroed in on seeing the negatives, which is why you get the responses you get. doesn't make all your points invalid, or how things are/went with r3e perfect. it's like with the offline feature, I am sure everyone would prefer it, but for some it's not really the reason to dislike the game that much. They are not arguing for favoring awlays online, but acceptance.

to get this a bit more constructive on topic:
I think it would be interesting if r3e could unlock certain multiplayer content for free. That portion already got good reviews and gives people different impression of the game's content as well. The free competitions already cycle content nicely, but something that also cycles racing content might be a way to get people in (given MP is also a bit more robust than the contenders). Though I have no idea if that makes sense business wise ;)

Last edited:

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 92 7.7%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 125 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 171 14.3%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 335 28.1%
  • 100% offline racing