Simagic DD wheels in RaceRoom

Hi all
I just order a Simagic Alph Mini GT4-C bundle. Basically as a treat to my self, as hear in NZ we have been in total lockdown for the last 5 weeks due to Covid and I felt like getting my self a treat. If I am honest I am quite happy with my Thrustmaster TS-PC racer.

I have viewed lots of reviews of the Simagic Alpha Mini in ACC, and I racing etc. But as yet none in RaceRoom. Does any one hear have this wheel and have an opinion to share?

Most of the reviews I have read are very positive. I know it is not the most powerful force feedback wheel at 10 Nm however as it will be attached to a very solid desk rather than a dedicated rig I am sure it will be more than powerful for me.

I did want to get a dedicated rig as a post lockdown present, however my wife did not quite see it my way. As usually I lost that debate and settled on a smaller new toy
Best wishes
Bob

Hi all
I just order a Simagic Alph Mini GT4-C bundle. Basically as a treat to my self, as hear in NZ we have been in total lockdown for the last 5 weeks due to Covid and I felt like getting my self a treat. If I am honest I am quite happy with my Thrustmaster TS-PC racer.

I have viewed lots of reviews of the Simagic Alpha Mini in ACC, and I racing etc. But as yet none in RaceRoom. Does any one hear have this wheel and have an opinion to share?

Most of the reviews I have read are very positive. I know it is not the most powerful force feedback wheel at 10 Nm however as it will be attached to a very solid desk rather than a dedicated rig I am sure it will be more than powerful for me.

I did want to get a dedicated rig as a post lockdown present, however my wife did not quite see it my way. As usually I lost that debate and settled on a smaller new toy
Best wishes
Bob
I’ve got one on order too mate, but just the base as will be using an USB adapted Thrustmaster wheel rim on it as the wheels are out of my budget. hopefully shipment isn’t too delayed, I think they are due end of September.

I will also be desk bolting , but don’t forsee any issues with that , though will be using non simagic mounting brackets ( mitre 10 ) or ply Plinth as those fancy adjustable brackets arent cheap nor easy to get.
I also feel it will be plenty grunty enough compared to a t300, Without being so strong you need a dedicated rig.
The set up and tuning look pretty straightforward, and expect it to be easy to find a good feel with all the sims.

Hi Thanks for the reply,
  • I also have been advised late September delivery. However I am not counting on it given the current word conditions
  • I have tentatively ordered the bracket but would be interested in learning about the innovative alternative brackets you mentioned, as I also expect a further delay in the delivery of the brackets.
  • I am also interested is how you plan to use a Thrustmaster wheel.
  • I have 2 Thrustmaster wheels which I actual like. A Ferrari 488 one (which came with the TS PC base) and a standard formula wheel.
  • Can these also be adapted to a USB wheel and used with the Simagic Alpha Mini
Thanks in advance if you can help
Best wishes
Bob

Last edited:
Hi Thanks for the reply,
  • I also have been advised late September delivery. However I am not counting on it given the current word conditions
  • I have tentatively ordered the bracket but would be interested in learning about the innovative alternative brackets you mentioned, as I also expect a further delay in the delivery of the brackets.
  • I am also interested is how you plan to use a Thrustmaster wheel.
  • I have 2 Thrustmaster wheels which I actual like. A Ferrari 488 one (which came with the TS PC base) and a standard formula wheel.
  • Can these also be adapted to a USB wheel and used with the Simagic Alpha Mini
Thanks in advance if you can help
Best wishes
Bob
Well the brackets just happen to be $10 each from mitre 10, they are L shaped building frame supports that just happen to have holes 50mm apart on an angle ( 3 hole layout like door hinges) which should suit what we are used to , As I dont really want it mount dead flat. , but I can’t confirm until unit arrives. As there’s a chance it won’t give enough height clearance for tilt. But if so I can use some board to raise mount.

Theres a couple of clever guys out of Spain that make a top quality adapter to suit many thrustmaster rims.
it’s not super cheap with euro currency conversion killing us, but still a lot cheaper that buying aftermarket or simagic wheels.

ive already got mine, and it’s impressive build quality.

Well the brackets just happen to be $10 each from mitre 10, they are L shaped building frame supports that just happen to have holes 50mm apart on an angle ( 3 hole layout like door hinges) which should suit what we are used to , As I dont really want it mount dead flat. , but I can’t confirm until unit arrives. As there’s a chance it won’t give enough height clearance for tilt. But if so I can use some board to raise mount.

Theres a couple of clever guys out of Spain that make a top quality adapter to suit many thrustmaster rims.
it’s not super cheap with euro currency conversion killing us, but still a lot cheaper that buying aftermarket or simagic wheels.

ive already got mine, and it’s impressive build quality.
Thanks
I will have to check out the converter and see if I can locate the brackets.
best wishes
Bob

Thanks
I will have to check out the converter and see if I can locate the brackets.
best wishes
Bob
I can’t see the brackets on website , but they definitely stock them down my way, they look like a door hinge without the swivel. I will take a pic tomorrow.
its worth a try anyway . Otherwise I will make a mdf angled base and mount from underneath.

take note you would need a adapter for each wheel, and there’s some fiddling to do in terms of attachment to simagic hub, or qr , as they are designed to have bolts threaded into the adapter rather than through the adapter into the hub or quick release.
my original plan was to not use the QR and mount to shaft extension directly, but the unit side of hub stud pattern is odd ball, but I have good reason to believe a Logitech hub adapter might just do the trick, so have one on way. ( stuck in Auckland) . If that doesn’t happen too work I will have to disassemble the QR so I can get bolts through.
there’s a quy on Simagic FB fans page who has been doing that to all his TM wheels.

I can’t see the brackets on website , but they definitely stock them down my way, they look like a door hinge without the swivel. I will take a pic tomorrow.
its worth a try anyway . Otherwise I will make a mdf angled base and mount from underneath.

take note you would need a adapter for each wheel, and there’s some fiddling to do in terms of attachment to simagic hub, or qr , as they are designed to have bolts threaded into the adapter rather than through the adapter into the hub or quick release.
my original plan was to not use the QR and mount to shaft extension directly, but the unit side of hub stud pattern is odd ball, but I have good reason to believe a Logitech hub adapter might just do the trick, so have one on way. ( stuck in Auckland) . If that doesn’t happen too work I will have to disassemble the QR so I can get bolts through.
there’s a quy on Simagic FB fans page who has been doing that to all his TM wheels.
Hi Thanks for the update.
The wheel conversion is not urgent for me as I did order the wheelbase and GT4-C wheel bundle, as I was not aware that I could have used one of my old Thrustmaster wheels. My Financial Adviser (Wife) have accepted the price also the GT4-C wheel looks kind of cool, just expensive. However I will look into this going forwarded.

However I am in the same position as you re the mounting options (It would be a real disappointment to have the wheel sitting there and no way of mounting). So:
  • I have asked the Shop to order some brackets. You are correct they are expensive and may well not be available?
  • I guess we could simply drill 4 holes through the desk and mount using the underneath taped hole's. However it would be completely horizontal which I don't think I will be happy with.
  • If we were not in lockdown. (I am also from Auckland) We could approach a Fabrication shop who I know could make brackets quite easily.
  • Or as you have indicated there may be alternative workarounds
Best wishes
Bob

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 72 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 101 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 142 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline