Sim Racing Will Help Me in F1 - Lando Norris

All that wet racing in iRacing is definitely going to help ;)

F1 these days is nothing of that of old and is well suited to today's iTech generation of kids.

True F1 died a long time ago

All that wet racing in iRacing is definitely going to help ;)

F1 these days is nothing of that of old and is well suited to today's iTech generation of kids.

True F1 died a long time ago
Horse crap! f1 has always been progressive and still is, its a formula and the idea is to push the boundaries of racing technology......i love it when people talk garbage because they think it makes them sound knowledgeable! a racer is a racer is a racer, a skilled racer would and could adapt to any era, fact!
to quote Martin Brundle, "the cream always rises to the top" go on argue that you know better than him.

Horse crap! f1 has always been progressive and still is, its a formula and the idea is to push the boundaries of racing technology......i love it when people talk garbage because they think it makes them sound knowledgeable! a racer is a racer is a racer, a skilled racer would and could adapt to any era, fact!
to quote Martin Brundle, "the cream always rises to the top" go on argue that you know better than him.

I never said I was the guru of all things F1 because I'm not, I have watched from the sidelines for years . One interesting thing you have stated and I agree is Brundle is from the true F1 lineage, so you're right there at least :)

Not to take this thread off topic, but...
Hill's 1968 Lotus
article-2671189-1F2967CB00000578-215_964x636_popup.jpg
I want such an old Lotus steering wheel really bad...:redface:

It may help him mentally, but it's waaaayyy different physically, I wish Lando the best in his F1 debut, he's gonna need it.

It is indeed....but have you seen Kubica's arm?.....they aren't that physical so a fit 18 year old should have no issue to drive them.
You don't sim race for physical training, you do it for first and foremost enjoyment.

Well isn't it about the g-forces primarily? Maintaining a perfect line while you are being thrown around with peaks up to 5g is pretty tough physically, I presume...

Last edited:
It is indeed....but have you seen Kubica's arm?.....they aren't that physical so a fit 18 year old should have no issue to drive them.
You don't sim race for physical training, you do it for first and foremost enjoyment.
Have you seen the re-arranging to Kubica's Williams just so he can drive it? and you or I may do it for enjoyment but I think it's a fair bit more serious for these young guns, who usually start out Karting and have fixed their ambitions by age 12 long before they park their butt in a simulator.

Have you seen the re-arranging to Kubica's Williams just so he can drive it? and you or I may do it for enjoyment but I think it's a fair bit more serious for these young guns, who usually start out Karting and have fixed their ambitions by age 12 long before they park their butt in a simulator.

I think you'll find Lando and Max are having fun on iRacing....
All i meant was have fun don't take it all too seriously. Having driven racing cars and I have a race license but no racing budget, I can tell you sim racing is a life saver to me.
But it is for me fun first.
I have spoken to racing drivers who end up hating the 'sport' because of pressure and cheating etc.
Have fun.

IMHO sim racing is the new karting. Right now karting is in quite a bad shape, Idk what Massa can do about it, it's way too expensive. It's bonkers and honestly, besides the Italian manufacturers, not many people will miss karting in its state right now. Many miss the real karting, from the 70s to the 90s, but not this joke.
In fact, it's more expensive than many car championships and there are some Asian kids spending 1mln per season! Mind you, only F2 is more expensive than this, all GTs and up to LMP2 series are cheaper!
It's crazy, talent will never rise to the top and I won't be surprised if some F1 teams try putting sim racers in their official driver development programs in F4.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 100 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 132 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 181 14.2%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 356 28.0%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 497 39.1%