Sim Racing: The Big Mid Season Review - Part 1

Double standards though, you support ISI selling a game with multiplayer for 80€ and without MP at 30€. But then twist your nose for Kunos selling a game at 40€ with MP included and then offering paid DLC for players to diversify their racing options and experience more types of cars if they want
Of course you forgot to say ISI ask $82. (here in oz) with no more to pay and Kunos ask $45 and lots more to pay(already way more than ISI game cost) with no end of DLC and un wanted content insight.

Of course you forgot to say ISI ask $82. (here in oz) with no more to pay and Kunos ask $45 and lots more to pay(already way more than ISI game cost) with no end of DLC and un wanted content insight.
Is up to you if you are satisfied to pay 80€ and receive from isi about the same amount of free content you get from Kunos and a part of that is refurbished from rf1, and then pay ~80€ in AC and end up with more or less double the content you had when you bought the game. So of course I prefer the DLC way because I get a lot more from it than the few free content you get from isi and paying the same amount.

Well you can't rate a game only for its content.
Yes, but the purpose here isn't either to compare who does the best content or who has the best simulation. That's everyone's choice what sim they want or like to play more.

But if you make a direct comparison of prices between games in the same genre, sim racing games, then better be objective about how much you get in return.
So in this case a group of people say that is better to pay 80€ and never pay more for all future content compared to paying half of that for the game and half in DLC content. Objectively, you get more content out of AC's model for relatively the same price you pay for rF2 full version. Although the content in both games come in different ratios, more cars and less tracks in AC and more tracks and less cars in rF2 (I think that's right, correct if not).
And here is where it splits and we can't judge people for their choice. I prefer to buy AC and its DLCs because I like and identify better with the type of cars and tracks Kunos make. And others certainly prefer what ISI offers and make their purchase in that way.
But if one doesn't like AC it doesn't matter how much you get and what it costs, and same applies for rF2, if one doesn't like this game or its gameplay, then it won't matter how much it costs and what you get.

So in this case a group of people say that is better to pay 80€ and never pay more for all future content compared to paying half of that for the game and half in DLC content.
That's based on a fixed amount of AC DLC as of right now. If AC continues on the DLC path and the consumers must continue to buy dlcs to race with other cars your equivalent price comparison falls apart.

That's based on a fixed amount of AC DLC as of right now. It AC continues on the DLC path and the consumers must continue to buy dlcs
to race with other cars your equivalent price comparison falls apart.
I don't need to buy all DLC to have more multiplayer racing than in the other sims, except Iracing I guess.

Of course again that's 2 different arguments.
Then don't say I need to continue buying DLCs to keep racing with other cars. I can race online with whatever cars I want. And buying all DLCs also don't guarantee the community will gravitate towards the cars I want to race online.

I wonder if associat0r has a keyboard to type and not just a mouse to rate all my comments as haha.

Then don't say I need to continue buying DLCs to keep racing with other cars.
Then go allllllll they way back 10,000 words ago, you're fracturing the online community into smaller pieces. I can go in circles all day with your self contradictions.

Last edited:
The thing is that it's stupid to not allow users to join a server that allows to use some cars they own, just because there are some cars avaiable that they don't own. It's really simple. Bad for the player, bad for Kunos. Nobody wins.
On those terms, of course. But there's only one way to let people download content they haven't paid for and not play it - always online, content verification for every session, no unofficial mods (see the mod for AC's F1 cars to let you drive them 'multiclass'... any type of modding that would allow that kind of chicanery would be offlimits). None of which comes for free.

It works for iRacing and I suppose R3E (dunno how active its online is), it wouldn't work for AC without turning it into one of the former.

The best you can realistically hope for with an open platform like AC is "join servers w/ content you don't own, see placeholders, unable to physically interact w/ those players accurately". Even that's a can of worms; if collisions are different in one direction than the other, one group's going to have an advantage. Better off having all players joining the server be on a level playing ground, which means they need to own all the cars that are on the server.

If you just want to compare your times against people with the dlc, if you just want to see races using the DLC but not drive it, well... there's rsr and youtube.

I will confess I don't understand the attitude of "I want to race against it, but I never want to drive it". There are cars in AC that I never want to drive, but... they're pretty much definitionally only competitive with cars that I also don't want to drive. Maybe it's a brand loyalty thing?

Last edited:

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 76 7.1%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 114 10.7%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 155 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 297 27.8%
  • 100% offline racing