Sim racing seat: NRG PrismaAlcantara or Vinyl?

I plan to replace my GT Omega XL seat with a NRG Prisma.
My question is whether I should go for the Alcantara version of the vinyl one.
I have two main concerns:
1.durability and ease to clean
2. Heat and Handling of sweat

I know that the Alcantara version is more popular but I don’t know if it is because of price or better material.
‘I have heard horror stories about Alcantara wheels (went with leather) and I concerned about the same thing applying with seats: collection of sweat and body oils making it gross over time and harder to maintain.

I am looking for user experience especially with the NRaG Prisma.

I've had a bucket seat wrapped with fabric (Sparco Pro 2000 replica) and one with skai (synthetic leather) (Mirco). I prefer the skai. It looks better and is much easier to clean. The fabric used in bucket seats tends to attact dust, fluff, hair, particles, and everything is trapped and hard to remove. Some say that skai is to hot for the summer, but that's only true if it's under the sunlight.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I had my Prisma for over a year and so far it looks as new. I keep my driving shoes in the seat when I'm not in it to keep the cats off of it.

Generally I have jeans or longer shorts on when I'm driving so my skin is not directly on it. My basement has AC, and I have a fan right in front of me mounted to my rig and a ceiling fan overhead if for some reason it's warmer than I like. So I've never been a drippy mess while driving.

I don't see wear or dirt being an issue, but I've never gotten mine sweaty.

Upvote 0
I had my Prisma for over a year and so far it looks as new. I keep my driving shoes in the seat when I'm not in it to keep the cats off of it.

Generally I have jeans or longer shorts on when I'm driving so my skin is not directly on it. My basement has AC, and I have a fan right in front of me mounted to my rig and a ceiling fan overhead if for some reason it's warmer than I like. So I've never been a drippy mess while driving.

I don't see wear or dirt being an issue, but I've never gotten mine sweaty.
Thanks, this helps a lot.

Upvote 0
Alcantara for seats is quite sturdy, I have leather alcantara seats in my personal car.
As long as you don´t drive in your birthday suit they will hold up just fine. ;)

Vinyl on the other hand is quite "sweaty", many simracers get up from a race with soaking wet shirts.
So nothing for me, i use a (road car) seat with cloth and ventilation.
(the ventilation is a coincidence, the seat is a left over from an old car of mine.)
The cloth is not, i don´t like to sit in my own sweat.

MFG Carsten

Upvote 0

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 377 16.2%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 257 11.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 247 10.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 181 7.8%