Sim racing newbie - looking for a suitable racing league

Hi everyone,
I am pretty new to sim racing (2 or 3 months, previously I was a console user and Pcars and Forza were the games I mainly played on) I have most of the PC sim games and Rfactor2 and AMS are my definite favourites.
I am looking for a Racing League to join, I am only used to console gaming and just joining public lobbies so I am a little clueless on Racing Leagues and stuff.
To help gauge my skill level, I run Rfactor2 on 100% AI with no assists (other than auto-clutch)

Can anyone advise on a good starter league.

Thanks

(no that it matters but I run a Thrustmaster TX, Fanatec clubsport pedals (v1 that I got secondhand) and thrustmaster shifter)

Hey buddy you (and anyone else) are welcome to join our league. We mostly run F1 & CART. We are in the middle of a Formula V12 series with Monza on the horizon as well as near the beginning of a CART 1998 full 16 race schedule with Indy coming up on January 8th. :)
Our league is very friendly and most of the drivers are willing to help newbies. We have aliens as well as newbies so dont even worry about your skill level...this is all in the name of fun.
I removed the link. PM me for league details.

Aye aye el capitan. I meant no disrespect. ;)
I just have had my own league for years and I only use RD for a modding resource. Does RD have like points leagues or are they all like pickup races? I dont even honestly know.

Last edited:
No worries mate :)

@dave kirk if you're just getting started in some more serious simracing then I'd recommend getting involved in some of our racing clubs right here at RD. It's a super relaxed environment with winning being irrelevant as there are no points scored or anything. It's all for a bit of fun to practice your race craft, and have a laugh with some like-minded blokes :)

As for competitive league racing then we offer that too, but don't feel intimidated as drivers of all skill level are welcome :)

No worries mate :)

@dave kirk if you're just getting started in some more serious simracing then I'd recommend getting involved in some of our racing clubs right here at RD. It's a super relaxed environment with winning being irrelevant as there are no points scored or anything. It's all for a bit of fun to practice your race craft, and have a laugh with some like-minded blokes :)

As for competitive league racing then we offer that too, but don't feel intimidated as drivers of all skill level are welcome :)

Thanks for the help buddy, I've just become a premium member so I will start some races next week :)

:)
I can find the individual races and that all looks straight forward, my next question is are there any championship style races, with points and standings etc?
Yep, we have one league that is currently running and two that are due to start in the next month or two. If you see our e-Sports section, you can view all the available leagues for the various games we support.

The 10th season of our MINI Challenge is currently underway with Automobilista, and I think entries to that are open for the entire season. The DiRT Rally league is due to start at the end of January, while our flagship and biggest league is the RD Le Mans Series, which is hosted in rFactor 2 and features full length endurance races with dynamic weather, driver swaps, day/night cycles and live stewarding, and that is due to start in February :)

Yep, we have one league that is currently running and two that are due to start in the next month or two. If you see our e-Sports section, you can view all the available leagues for the various games we support.

The 10th season of our MINI Challenge is currently underway with Automobilista, and I think entries to that are open for the entire season. The DiRT Rally league is due to start at the end of January, while our flagship and biggest league is the RD Le Mans Series, which is hosted in rFactor 2 and features full length endurance races with dynamic weather, driver swaps, day/night cycles and live stewarding, and that is due to start in February :)

Thanks for the help. I love the Mini's in AMS, that'll be my introduction to sim racing online :)

Hi Dave, I think you will enjoy the club racing here. People are clean and race well for the most part. It will be very different than the public lobby on consoles. AMS and rf2 are two great choices as well! Also, just because there are not points in the club races doesn't mean they can't be competitive. There is some great back and forth racing to be had. Plus the leagues of course. I think in addition to the upcoming rally and Le Mans, I think* we will see another stock car series in AMS (flagship brazil cars, not oval stock cars) this spring, and then probably the next season of the touring cars sometime around then as well if I had to guess. @Chris Stacey (does that sound about right? Any guess of what cars will be used in the next tcc?) Hope you enjoy RD and hope to see you on track soon.

Mini Friday's, a little on the longer side for a newer racer, but good fun. Also, tomorrow's race with the Marcas touring cars would be a good type of car to start with. Two twenty minute races, and fun and reasonably easy cars to drive.
http://www.racedepartment.com/threa...rsday-december-29th-2016.129748/#post-2366961
I didn't notice the 80mins part lol, also do people share setups and stuff because setup work is something I really don't enjoy with sim racing.

another stock car series in AMS (flagship brazil cars, not oval stock cars) this spring, and then probably the next season of the touring cars sometime around then as well if I had to guess. @Chris Stacey (does that sound about right? Any guess of what cars will be used in the next tcc?)
There's no plans for RDTCC S11 at the moment however that may change as the year progresses. I think because most of the organisational effort is going towards RDLMS at this stage.

Season five of the V8 Stock Cars is looking to start back up again in a few months time.

Thanks Chris. I really hope that rdtcc s11 happens during a summer or spring so I can participate.

Anyways, with the mini races I think they are fixed, so no need to worry about setups on those! Most club races people will share the setups as well. Often times one of the faster guys will share a setup without anyone asking, or if you ask they are generally happy to help. In the leagues I am not sure if you will see people sharing setups as much, but it is commonplace for the club events.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back