Sim Racing Moments

One thing to immediately spring to mind is in the first or second Gran Turismo. The longest race in the game. I think called 24h but just 5 or 6 hours of driving. Did the entire thing just driving around 1 second in front of the 2nd guy. That was the first race I actually felt like I truly had won a race. I was so tired and sweaty.

Working on Historic GT mod for rFactor back in 2007-2008. Coolest moment for me.
You then deserve a trophy from our little club here at RD . that have fun with that Mod. :)

brass-winner-trophy-cup-500x500.jpg

That time I completed a lap against AC AI at Mugello without crashing :inlove: Nostalgia.

Just kidding, still blown away by the game and have great fun racing the ai regularly.
AC incredible - as is rf2 and ams. :thumbsup:

This one was actually quite recent. I was driving the last two stints of a 4h GT3 race around Interlagos in rFactor 2. I've spent preety much the whole last stint battling for 6th with another driver in BMW M6 GT3 (I was in an Aston Martin Vantage GT3). I was losing 2-3 seconds a lap. 15 minutes untill the end, I had a contact with a 3rd placed car that was about to lap us (I was infront of the BMW (6th)). Both me and the faster car went off and I lost that 6th position and fell 4 seconds behind the BMW. Those last 15 minutes, I was pushing as hard as I can with my destroyed 45 minutes old soft tires that felt like driving on ice. It was the final lap that I almost got him. I was in his slipstream on the last straight (start/finish straight). If there was one more lap, only one more lap, I would have got him, but I would probably run out of fuel aswell :).

Without question first time i played GT Legends. :D
I love the game until today...... this cars.... hundreds of (historic) tracks and countless of hours fun, offline and online.

Think this moment could only be replaced by GTL 2. :cool:

Great to read an almost entirely positive and occasionally funny thread for once!

I'm lucky to race with a group of evenly skilled friends so for me these great moments happen all the time. We can trust each other and run close enough together that almost all the races are competitive and thrilling. We also find we can do this in almost any of the recent/current racing games, certain car and track combinations are best in each but they all provide a great experience plus changing games give others who prefer that game more of a chance to show their skills. For me, there is no more 'difference' between the driving experience in the latest sims than there is between changing between real cars on road and track and having to adapt to how they drive. As we've known each other for years no one gets upset by the occasional mistake and accident. The banter and the often crazy moments mean we often laugh so hard which makes it all the more fun. It's fun to win but even more fun just to take part.

In my view, sim racing, especially in VR, is now as thrilling as the real track time. No, ultimately it can't fully replace real experience but it's close enough and costs a fraction of the time and money. Use a track car often enough and you soon spend either a lot of time repairing and replacing parts or paying someone to do that, personally I prefer driving to making repairs. What sim racing offers over the real track is the endless opportunities right now to 'drive' and race cars that would be as good as impossible otherwise.

Way too much remembers.
First time I played test drive on my c64, then the first need for speed. Was blown away from the damage and flying parts, the whole 3d world in stunts. Playing with my brother gt 1&2 on the PlayStation. With friends on the full size Sega rally arcade machines. When I showed my dad proudly Colin mc Rae rally and how realistic it was and he scored my cornering. When the local electric store had a demo setup with a sidewinder ffb wheel and a rally game which had the longest stages I have seen till today (35km+) and I was driving till they had to throw me out of the store cause the shop closed for today. The gtr2/gtl/race07 time without own internetconnection (had to download all the mods by a friend, then burning on a CD) then the epic and bar rising own internet and the experience to drive against real people. All the following races on the bierbuden servers. The first time playing AC on the laserscanned nordschleife. A crash in iracing with the miata and some barrel rolls at Sonoma where I was quite pissed off but then I saw a video on yt with exact the same crash happen with the same car and the same results in real live. Blowed me away. Then when I sold the Xbox to get a pc for 18wheels on steel. And when I first launched AC in VR. So many good times.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back