Sim Racing Gloves?

Yes, IMO a requirement for a DD wheel if you are using forces more than you might on a non DD wheel.

Started with cheap karting gloves.. fine as gloves, not so comfortable when I got them. Far to abrasive which I didnt think about and it dealt to the alcatera on the wheel in quick time..

Now I use some sparco kg 7.1. like them a lot. The silicone grippy material even lets me swipe to answer my phone with them on.

Upvote 0
I use mount biking fingerless gloves. Protects suede wheels for the most part and makes it easy to type. Can get a pair for >$10 on amazon.

Upvote 0
I got the Sparco Hypergrip gloves specifically for sim racing.

They are lightweight and breath well. The finger tips on the thumb and forefinger can be moved back. I think they are very comfortable and I have nearly a year on mine. However they are $50 so they are not a bargain like many of the other options people have listed.

Upvote 0
  • Deleted member 197115

I have started with mechanical gloves, moved to Sparco Hypergrip, then Sparco Arrow Karting Gloves, and now to their newer version Arrow KG-7.1 Evo.
Sparco Karting gloves (both versions) work the best with torque heavy DD wheels and different rims, leather or suede.

Upvote 0
I just ordered a new alcantara wheel (Fanatec P1) with the CSW2.5 base. I don't want to use gloves, basically due to the fact that I use a keyboard with a trackpad to set things up and I wouldn't want to constantly remove my gloves every time I need to restart or change something in-game (why the heck can't you control the menus with the keyboard on asseto corsa?????). Do you think I'm going to damage the alcantara if I don't use gloves?

Upvote 0
Do you think I'm going to damage the alcantara if I don't use gloves?

That's how alcantara works. It will collect sweat and otherwise degrade if you don't wear gloves.
They sell alcantara brushes to help bring them back, but they will wear smooth.

If you want low maintenance, leather is the way to go.
If you want zero maintenance, vinyl is the way to go.
( I would add rubber to zero maintenance, but for some reason they seem to wear through easier, not that I've done it personally)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
  • Deleted member 197115

How long to a pair of gloves last you?
I am still using Sparco Arrow K that I got 3 years ago, they just started showing some signs of wear on rubbery grip inserts so I got newer version.

Upvote 0
I just ordered a new alcantara wheel (Fanatec P1) with the CSW2.5 base. I don't want to use gloves, basically due to the fact that I use a keyboard with a trackpad to set things up and I wouldn't want to constantly remove my gloves every time I need to restart or change something in-game (why the heck can't you control the menus with the keyboard on asseto corsa?????). Do you think I'm going to damage the alcantara if I don't use gloves?
I use the mechanix gloves with a track pad just fine.

Upvote 0

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 349 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 242 10.8%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 241 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 177 7.9%
  • < 5 years