Featured Sim Racing Expo 2018 Summary in Video

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Paul Jeffrey, Sep 26, 2018.

1. Paul Jeffrey

Paul Jeffrey
    RaceDepartment Editor-in-Chief Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +16,953

With the 2018 ADAC Sim Racing Expo increasingly but a distant memory, I thought it a good idea to quickly summarise some of the highlights.

Now before anyone gets too excited, this is just a very brief overview of some of our adventures and my own personal highlights - a much more substantial collection of videos, reviews, interviews, talk and drive segments and opinions will be coming to our YouTube page in the next days and weeks, so fear not (and don't forget to subscribe!!!!).

Frankly it is incredibly hard to try and share with those who didn't attend the expo the range of emotions and experiences one can have in an event like this. On first glance around the halls you would be forgiven for thinking that maybe it will be difficult to fill up two full days of activity, but once you get stuck in to testing the equipment and talking to those in the know, time rapidly flies past and you end up having only done half of what you had planned.

So to keep you all interested before our full video collections are made available, I hope you enjoy this brief whistle stop tour of the 2018 ADAC Sim Racing Expo, and more importantly, I hope you can all join us again in 2019!

Sim Racing is Awesome and so is our community and it's members!

Sim Racing Expo 2018 Summary.jpg

Like what you see here at RaceDepartment? Don't forget to like, subscribe and follow us on social media!

Instagram
    Youtube
    Twitch

• Love Love x 17
    • Like Like x 14
    • Beer Beer x 7
  2. muzikant

muzikant

Ratings:
    +160
    Nice video. professional with a little bit of music on the back ground. looks good Paul! And fun to watch.:thumbsup:

• Agree Agree x 3
  3. Buster

Buster
    Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +927
    Been eagerly awaiting this Paul and certainly not disappointing ..would have loved to have been there with you guys ...thanks again Paul :thumbsup:

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. DesKane

DesKane
    dksRacing Kaney Premium

Ratings:
    +57
    Great Vid Paul, thanks for sharing the weekend

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. Sergio Loro

Sergio Loro
    Premium

Ratings:
    +1,098
    fantastic! thank you :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. johndough247

johndough247
    Premium

Ratings:
    +134
    Man...Subway has become the new McDonalds...they're everywhere :D

7. Marcel Offermans

Marcel Offermans
    Studio 397

Ratings:
    +1,287
    @Paul Jeffrey the full-size Porsche simulator is actually running rFactor 2. They have a commercial license for it and we helped them build the physics for the cup car they are using to train their drivers. And you really should try to have a go in it next year! :)

• Like Like x 13
    • Beer Beer x 2
  8. Dennis

Dennis
    RedShift Racing Staff

Ratings:
    +1,039
    @Paul Jeffrey Just a heads-up: The Porsche simulator actually was running rF2, however they didn't use publicly available content (car + track).

The waiting time to ride this car was insane, but it was absolutely worth it :D You should definitely give it a chance next year!

Edit: Looks like I'm typing too slow in the morning... :coffee:

• Haha Haha x 6
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Paul Glover

Paul Glover
    RaceDepartment Social Media Manager Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +705
    Whilst you await the youtube content, there are pics on Instagram and videos on Twitter to wet your appetites

• Like Like x 3
    • Haha Haha x 2
  10. Leynad777

Leynad777
    Premium

Ratings:
    +110
    The Sim Commander PlugIn for the Accuforce came out after the Expo and the FFB on the DD1 i tested was fully optimized for this wheel. I could feel spike-effects i only get when activating suspension bumps from the telemetry-effects in Sim Commander, so a very unfair advantage.

But the FFB IMO sucks with any wheel in ACC i tested and the information is just not helpful to control this shitty (former) iceRacing physics.

Last edited: Sep 27, 2018
  11. Alex72

Alex72

Ratings:
    +365
    Datz auzome! :thumbsup:

12. Leroy Dörenberg

Leroy Dörenberg
    Premium

Ratings:
    +15
    Amazing video paul! Thanks alot for the info and nice stories you had:thumbsup:

13. Steve Bird

Steve Bird
    Racing Since 1978 Premium

Ratings:
    +245
    German beer, food, sim racing and at a legendary German race circuit. Heaven by the sounds of it Paul, Good video.

14. luchian

luchian

Ratings:
    +0
    So that means rF2 is supporting rear view mirror on a separate display ? :rolleyes: Or is that some custom thingy ?

15. Marcel Offermans

Marcel Offermans
    Studio 397

Ratings:
    +1,287
    You have a good eye for detail! That is in fact a custom solution, or rather, a very creative solution to the problem. They are in fact running a second computer inside the car with a server and rFactor 2 client and this client is simply looking back from the same car to provide a nice rear mirror view.

• Like Like x 1
    • Beer Beer x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.