Best Simracing Boots?

I have been using the Gul shoe for a few months now and I have got to say I been really impressed with them. Cant say the toggle as ever been an issue. I am running the T500 pedals with the Basher brake mod, so the pedal is quite firm but the shoe's seem to provide just enough padding whilst still giving excellent feel. I also looked at the Cressi shoe's but was worried the sole might have to much grip, they look gel like and the heel look's a bit chunky, was again worried if they would be uncomfortable . Funny how we sim racers seem to navigate to the same products.

I have been using the Gul shoe for a few months now and I have got to say I been really impressed with them. Cant say the toggle as ever been an issue. I am running the T500 pedals with the Basher brake mod, so the pedal is quite firm but the shoe's seem to provide just enough padding whilst still giving excellent feel. I also looked at the Cressi shoe's but was worried the sole might have to much grip, they look gel like and the heel look's a bit chunky, was again worried if they would be uncomfortable . Funny how we sim racers seem to navigate to the same products.
what was the sizing like with the guls? ive ordered the cressi's but Im also a little worried about that gel looking sole, ill order the gul's as Im using the exact same setup as you.

the gul shoes arrived today and ive gotta say im VERY impressed, exactly what i was wanting, the velcro straps are maybe a bit overkill as they're already a nice snug fit, the soft soles come up onto the sides of the shoe which makes it perfect for heel/toe shifting.

11 out of 10!

link - http://goo.gl/yT6DMd

That Gul shoe looks decent indeed, I'm a bit weary about all the rubber though, I sweat a lot when wearing shoes so I imagine my feet would be soaking wet after an hour in those, but I might be wrong?
I ordered the Fast Track Sim boots with rubber sole the other day, so I'll be updating this thread with my experience with them once I get them.

I wear Sparco superleggera K-9 and found it very comfortable and sensitive :thumbsup:

trans.png
trans.png
scarpe-sparco-superleggera-k-9-bianche.jpg

If you wear socks with the Gul shoes, it feels more comfortable and your feet don't get sweaty in a long race.
I might give Kart shoes a go as I've got a hard brake and something with a harder sole might be more comfortable for me.

I'm going to try some Thermal Socks over the top of my normal ones today. I've tried the softest boots I could find but they still take away too much feel on the weak G25 pedals. :cautious:

EDIT: Raced this afternoon with the Thermal Socks - brilliant. Toes nice and warm and can still feel the pedals. Got them free with my new Pyjamas too, so total score. :thumbsup: :D

Last edited:
Yes Kjell......you are right but I havent bought especially for sim racing, they have dual purpose.................anyway they worth the price if you consider their features and perception while driving.............and what wheels and pedals cost...........however there are lots of models for all tastes ;)

Ohh I'm not saying it's not worth it :p It's just a bit more than I'd spend right now. I was deciding between a pair of Puma Speed Cats @ €58 incl shipping and the FastTrackSims boots which cost me $80 (€64 ish) before any tax/VAT, so I've not gone the cheapest route either.
Reason for going with the FastTrackSims boots was that they are purpose built for simracing while the Pumas are street shoes, plus the sim boots are slip on and have gotten rave reviews both on FastTrackSims website as well as iRacing forums.

I use these boots I found on ebay called light training boots for sports. Very light, warm, flexible with a soft grippy sole. Perfect for me. And best of all cheap £9.99 UK pounds.

_57_zpsdcb4229d.jpg

Hi Insert,
I can't link at the moment Mr Coin. I am in work. Will find a link tonight. But I just did a search of ebay for training fight boots.
All the best
Andy

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 215 14.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 154 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 149 9.9%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 115 7.7%