Sim Race Manager

Justin Swan

RD-DVLC
Anybody using SRM with GTL Steam platform? I see it supports GT Legends but I can't get it to validate. I've used it for ages with RACE 07 and keeps the game install nice and clean. If I'm going to get into GTL more now, I would like to use SRM with it. I select the EXE and the folder I want to store MODS but when I click "validate" I get an error saying a file or folder with that name already exists? I only have RACE 07 validated on SRM so I have no idea why I am getting this error?

I used to use it, but i kept throwing a curve ball with some mods, it changes the car files to a X
so its not recognised, and when it fails it messes up the whole of gtl.
all i do now is make a spare file with the the car classes and a locations in them and manually drop the cars in when need for a event and take them back out after woods.
the game fires up quicker and runs smoother this way.
the sounds are put in a different folder and i leave them in all the time

But this tool doeas works good for lap times(sorry a bit off topic)
i do use this to keep a track of my lap times though and it works real good
GTL tool keep track of your lap times (External laptime viewer and statistic tool for GTL & GTR2)
i do have 4 installs of GTL (2 are for testing)
and thats why you will notice on my name i have Rupe wilson3 as a profile name ( the 3 being version 3)
this way all 4 versions i have will work with this tool and keep a record for matching cars and track for events.
but it also keeps a eye on my laptimes in general

Main thing is to keep the sim as light as possible with tracks and cars, it causes less problems with mods this way. There are a few out there that will cause a conflict or need to set up a specific way for them to work or be recognised in game.:)

Me again,
been doing a quick dig and found this one and a few of the guys in the comments i know so im feeling better about this one.
"GTL_Xcars 1.70" by Taz

i give it a go and see if it causes any hiccups
and report back..
one thing i did find in the past was if i uninstalled these things make sure you change all the cars back to usable before you delete it.. or that does mess up the system

there may be hope yet... so lets not close the door on it yet..:)

I've never used SRM and I don't have GTL on steam, but in case you can't get that to work you might want to try this:

I've been using JoneSoft Generic Mod Enabler or JSGME for a number of years now for all my modded (Steam and non-steam) games. Works for shooters as well as for racing games and sims.
It's free, it's light, you can use as many instances as you want simultaneously as it only drops a few extra files in each game folder and other than those keeps your game installs vanilla. See this post for some info.

Unfortuately the developer stopped supporting it, but the last version is rock-stable. It's nothing fancy or slick looking but does an awesome job on keeping my game folders clean and tidy.

Just thought I'd share this..

I used to use it, but i kept throwing a curve ball with some mods, it changes the car files to a X
so its not recognised, and when it fails it messes up the whole of gtl.
all i do now is make a spare file with the the car classes and a locations in them and manually drop the cars in when need for a event and take them back out after woods.
the game fires up quicker and runs smoother this way.
the sounds are put in a different folder and i leave them in all the time

But this tool doeas works good for lap times(sorry a bit off topic)
i do use this to keep a track of my lap times though and it works real good
GTL tool keep track of your lap times (External laptime viewer and statistic tool for GTL & GTR2)
i do have 4 installs of GTL (2 are for testing)
and thats why you will notice on my name i have Rupe wilson3 as a profile name ( the 3 being version 3)
this way all 4 versions i have will work with this tool and keep a record for matching cars and track for events.
but it also keeps a eye on my laptimes in general

Main thing is to keep the sim as light as possible with tracks and cars, it causes less problems with mods this way. There are a few out there that will cause a conflict or need to set up a specific way for them to work or be recognised in game.:)
Where to get this

Geez, I didn't realise I replied to a post from 6 months ago but here's the GTLTool program anyway. It's fantastic and I believe also works for GTR2:

The link is only for 30 days. If it expires, just PM me and I'll re-upload it.

Geez, I didn't realise I replied to a post from 6 months ago but here's the GTLTool program anyway. It's fantastic and I believe also works for GTR2:

The link is only for 30 days. If it expires, just PM me and I'll re-upload it.
Got it thx

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back