Sim-plicity SW20 what can be plugged in to the RJ45 ports?

Hi all,

New owner of a Sim-plicity SW20. I notice it has four RJ45 ports on the back of it. I can find no mention of these anywhere. What can be plugged in to them? I've heard it may be for peripherals like pedals?

Thanks
Dan

Thanks Richard!

Does anyone know if there are any plug and play button boxes for these things, or is it a DIY job?
A diy job, but a very easy one.. as in connecting 2 wires to both end of the knob.
Just buy a 5 meter cheap cat-5 network cable.
Cut in the middle,, and you got 16 wires ready to connect to 14 buttons,with RJ45 plugs already mounted on the other end.
7 button wires - and one wires that connects to all (daisy chained).
Buy a small box or find one (old HD enclosure) and drill some holes.
And you made your own button box.

Any sim buttonsbox you buy comes with it's own USB joystick controller.
As a USB controller only cost 2 euro to make, you wont find any that connect to the simucube directly.

Upvote 0
A diy job, but a very easy one.. as in connecting 2 wires to both end of the knob.
Just buy a 5 meter cheap cat-5 network cable.
Cut in the middle,, and you got 16 wires ready to connect to 14 buttons,with RJ45 plugs already mounted on the other end.
7 button wires - and one wires that connects to all (daisy chained).
Buy a small box or find one (old HD enclosure) and drill some holes.
And you made your own button box.

Any sim buttonsbox you buy comes with it's own USB joystick controller.
As a USB controller only cost 2 euro to make, you wont find any that connect to the simucube directly.
Perfect, thank you very much!

Is there a wiring diagram available for this? Right now this is what I'm picturing, but not sure if I'm correct?
0c14HmK.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back