Sim-Lab WS-Pro Wheel Stand review

Those t-nuts are designed to slip into the slot from the sides as well by the way! You'll notice they are rounded off on the rear, that's by design. Just slide them into the slot 'flat' and flip them 90deg to snap them in place.

Upvote 0
@Ben
This thread is for the general discussion of the Article Sim-Lab WS-Pro Wheel Stand review. Please add to the discussion here.
Hey Ben,
I'm in the market for a wheel stand, as I don't have space for a full cockpit currently. Do you have any first hand experience with the Next Level Racing Wheel Stand DD? You mention it in the article in reference to the price comparison. And there are a few comments regarding it also.
Your experience ordering this Sim-Lab wheel stand directly from NL. Is interesting considering the NLR Wheel Stand DD is sold out everywhere. I just want the most rigid wheel stand between the two of them. Do you have any thoughts specifically comparing the two of them? Thanks and look forward to more content from you.
Also, my profile pic is in your neck of the woods at a lake in the Cascade Range near the Three Sisters.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
@Ben

Hey Ben,
I'm in the market for a wheel stand, as I don't have space for a full cockpit currently. Do you have any first hand experience with the Next Level Racing Wheel Stand DD? You mention it in the article in reference to the price comparison. And there are a few comments regarding it also.
Your experience ordering this Sim-Lab wheel stand directly from NL. Is interesting considering the NLR Wheel Stand DD is sold out everywhere. I just want the most rigid wheel stand between the two of them. Do you have any thoughts specifically comparing the two of them? Thanks and look forward to more content from you.
Also, my profile pic is in your neck of the woods at a lake in the Cascade Range near the Three Sisters.
Hey Jason, I haven't had a chance to test the NLR Wheel Stand DD, unfortunately. Just looking at it, the main difference is that it doesn't use 8020 aluminum for its construction, but rather custom-cut aluminum that's thinner and (just a guess, but an educated one) less rigid. That said, it could very well be rigid enough for your average DD wheel, I just can't confirm it myself until I test it.

Nice shot of the Sisters! When did you visit? Beautiful country out here. :)

Upvote 0
Hey Jason, I haven't had a chance to test the NLR Wheel Stand DD, unfortunately. Just looking at it, the main difference is that it doesn't use 8020 aluminum for its construction, but rather custom-cut aluminum that's thinner and (just a guess, but an educated one) less rigid. That said, it could very well be rigid enough for your average DD wheel, I just can't confirm it myself until I test it.

Thanks Ben!
I ordered the Sim Lab last night. Already shipped. Sim Lab is like an outlier. Their customer service is great. That was taken June 2019. We usually do a trip to Gold Beach and fish the Rouge River every other year. Bend is wonderful also.

Upvote 0

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back