Sim-Lab Speed 1 seat base cushion upgrade

Hi guys!

i am using the sim-lab speed 1 bucket race seat in my rig and i really like it, but in long sessions, after 1 hour, it becomes a little bit uncomfortable. I would like to change the the base pad / cushion or upgrade somehow the foam inside.
I do not find any good replacement (maybe from sparco, they look really same).
Is someone out there with the same problem? Do you have some advice maybe or a tip for a solution?

Thank you!

Attachments

• download.jpg
    download.jpg
    3.9 KB · Views: 163
Lumbar support was the game changer for me.

Rotating the base cushion never occured to me.
Thank you for the tip @Fabrizio85 will try that for the next session.

Upvote 0

Which one ? Any link to order the lumbar support?

Upvote 0

Did the lumbar support helped your butt too? Because I’m fine with the back.

Upvote 0
Did the lumbar support helped your butt too? Because I’m fine with the back.
Hmm....Mainly the lumbar supports will help your lower back. But overall my seating position changed, so I would say it gave also a better confort for my butt. I used some spare foam I had from an earlier car-seat mod, but at some point I removed it again. I think that was at the time I bolted the transducer to the seat. I cannot feel those bolt heads through the cushion btw.

For 1h sessions I'm good with the standard cushion. Longer sessions are kind of straining on more than one front - also a sore butt.
I couldn't find motorsport-replacements for this seat's cushion of course, but you can buy them from Sparco for their seats. You'd have to try yourself if they are a good fit for the Speed1 though.

Upvote 0
i cut out some additional foam and put it inside, but it is thin and still not the best solution.
i wanted to order some replacement cushion from OMP, but not in stock since dec. (wondering...)

i don't really want to turn the base cushion, i like the leg support. :(
i am using also the lumbar support from Sparco. its fine but seating is still uncomfy. :(
so iam still searching...

90x200-heterogen-szivacs-r120.jpg

Upvote 0

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back