Upcoming Events

Weekly BMW races on Simracing.GP Other regular AC events on Simracing.GP Weekly GT3 Sprint Races on Simracing.GP Weekly GT4 Sprint Races on Simracing.GP Daily WTCR races on Simracing.GP

Sim-Lab Speed 1 seat base cushion upgrade

Hi guys!

i am using the sim-lab speed 1 bucket race seat in my rig and i really like it, but in long sessions, after 1 hour, it becomes a little bit uncomfortable. I would like to change the the base pad / cushion or upgrade somehow the foam inside.
I do not find any good replacement (maybe from sparco, they look really same).
Is someone out there with the same problem? Do you have some advice maybe or a tip for a solution?

Thank you!

Attachments

• download.jpg
    download.jpg
    3.9 KB · Views: 25
Same seat, I love it so much but I have a little bit of pain in the butt after long sessions! I'm currently looking online for solutions. Did you find any?

Lumbar support was the game changer for me.

Rotating the base cushion never occured to me.
Thank you for the tip @Fabrizio85 will try that for the next session.

wajdi

Premium

Which one ? Any link to order the lumbar support?

Did the lumbar support helped your butt too? Because I’m fine with the back.

Did the lumbar support helped your butt too? Because I’m fine with the back.
Hmm....Mainly the lumbar supports will help your lower back. But overall my seating position changed, so I would say it gave also a better confort for my butt. I used some spare foam I had from an earlier car-seat mod, but at some point I removed it again. I think that was at the time I bolted the transducer to the seat. I cannot feel those bolt heads through the cushion btw.

For 1h sessions I'm good with the standard cushion. Longer sessions are kind of straining on more than one front - also a sore butt.
I couldn't find motorsport-replacements for this seat's cushion of course, but you can buy them from Sparco for their seats. You'd have to try yourself if they are a good fit for the Speed1 though.

i cut out some additional foam and put it inside, but it is thin and still not the best solution.
i wanted to order some replacement cushion from OMP, but not in stock since dec. (wondering...)

i don't really want to turn the base cushion, i like the leg support. :(
i am using also the lumbar support from Sparco. its fine but seating is still uncomfy. :(
so iam still searching...

90x200-heterogen-szivacs-r120.jpg