Sim-Lab rig questions

After months of reading posts on various forums and watching YouTube videos, I finally have begun to purchase parts for my first rig. I have ordered and received my Fanatec gear and was really struggling to try to figure out which rig to get. My final decision looks to be the Sim-Lab P1X. But I do have a few questions and I was hoping to get some help from you guys.

1. Since I am not getting a seat from them because they don't ship seats to the states, what exactly do I need to add to my order to mount a seat to the rig?

2. Front mount or wheel deck? I have the CSW. What exactly is the difference?
    Thanks in advance

I have one on order.

For the seat you can order online from anywhere including amazon if you know what you want. Any race seat with side bracket support will do. I will go to a race shop which has seats on display try them and buy one on spot.

You can order seat brackets from them or buy the, with your seat specific to your seat. You can buy a seat adjuster from the them or one with your seat or not at all

P1X is a 8020 rig so fairly adjustable and you can mount different seats etc.

If you are not sure, then get the p1X first put it together, the. Look at seats for width etc and be sure it will fit your rig.

But honeslty any racing seat would fit

Upvote 0
Front mount vs wheel deck, you can see the difference in the pictures on their site they sell them separately as well, check out the assembly pictures too

Wheel deck is flat top with holes in it, you can mount all kind of wheels on that with or without brackets, like fanatec or logitech or thurstmaster even fanatec direct drive

The front mount is for wheels like leo bodnar or simucube direct drives

I order both as I have a simucube and logitech g920

Upvote 0
Get extra brackets, connectors, and maybe some extra 8020 extrusion as well, having a few 40 series 6" pieces can help give you options as you put things together.

Any seat will work, get one you like and any mounting bracket and you can make it work. I have added a whole host of bass shakers and dampening options to mine without issue.

Upvote 0

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back