Sim Lab lead times

Anyone else place an order on 1st June? I did and Monday will be 6-weeks since I placed the order and still no sign of anything being delivered. Lead time for 1st June orders is still being advertised as 3-4 weeks.

For anyone considering placing an order (when their shop reopens), take any lead times with a big pinch of salt.

I placed my order for a P1-x on May 5th - via one of their resellers in the UK - was told 25 days at that the time, 2 months later still no delivery.

After a number of emails over the last 10 days or so with the reseller, they couldn't get an estimated delivery time from Simlab, so I cancelled my order and got a refund and went directly with a UK based company for a similar 8020 rig.

What I can say about the UK company is that comms to date has been first class - I placed my order with the them last weekend and will be receiving it on Monday - would have been sooner but i wanted a couple rig elements customised. I will be doing a short review and posting pics once it is all set up.

To give you some hope, I understand that Simlab are prioritising direct orders over those taken via resellers.

I know waiting for sim rigs to arrive is a first world problem but that customer service, website experience, inventory management, order update process and comms from Simlab is very poor (and that's putting it politely)

I hope your order arrives shortly

Upvote 0
Just heard back from Sim Lab... apparently, my order will ship next week now (no explanation for this further delay was provided). Last week, they said it would be this week. So, next week will be 7 weeks since placing the order and they're still advertising 3-4 week lead times.

If my order doesn't ship next week, I'm out and will simply build my own.

Sim Lab need to be honest and upfront with their customers and not promise what they clearly cannot deliver. Under promise and over deliver, not the other way around.

Extremely poor service.

Upvote 0
I would suggest getting in touch with RacingSimRigsUK if you're in the UK. I had a simlab order in which eventually got refunded. Chris sorted me out with one of his rigs within a few days, can't fault his service or the quality of the product.

Upvote 0
I would suggest getting in touch with @RacingSimRigsUK if you're in the UK. I had a simlab order in which eventually got refunded. Chris sorted me out with one of his rigs within a few days, can't fault his service or the quality of the product.

Yes - that is the UK based company I was referencing in my first post. Chris and the team have been excellent in terms of comms, service and accommodating my bespoke requirements - and are passionate about their sim racing.

Glad to hear that the quality of product is there too and I will be posting an update once mine has arrived

Upvote 0
I put my order in with Sim-Lab for a P1-X at 9:00am on the 1st June. I called them around the 22nd June to check on progress. I received the rig on 1st July. The order included a seat which arrived on the 2nd as it shipped from a warehouse in Spain.

I realise that calling isn't possible for everyone, and I don't know if the call helped move the order forward, but the service delivered within the stated delivery timeframe for me.

I'm in the UK.

Upvote 0
Ordered and received mine but timeline is definitely stretched. Ordered on 4/17 with 3-4 weeks lead time, ended up shipping on 5/22 so 5 weeks from order. That extra week surely felt like an eternity!

The real issue I had is not having any or delayed responses to my several E-mails. I think they are just swamped and not equipped to handle the load of orders they have received recently.

Once received, very happy with the product but the wait and lack of response were very frustrating!

Upvote 0
  • Deleted member 197115

Placed order on Dec-1 2019 during their holiday sale, got everything delivered on Jan-30h, in expected timeframe they communicated at the time of ordering.
Was pretty big order, black P1-X with bunch of accessories, it was like 4 boxes IIRC.

Upvote 0
Ordered 1st June - shipped out after 4 complete weeks - received item 2 days ago - so the transit / mail is pretty fast - I have lots of options too like keyboard mouse accessories and integrated monitor mounting. Building progress halfway through. So I think they are doing the best they can.

Attachments

• 0960B07C-9C1B-4E22-B510-7E41D6BF4607.jpeg
    0960B07C-9C1B-4E22-B510-7E41D6BF4607.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 140
Upvote 0
If you guys decide to cancel your orders, try this: https://www.facebook.com/SimPlexity.eu/

Same type of alu profile, the company is brand new and located in Denmark. Danish shops are usually creditable, but other than that I have no experience with them.

I've never used them, nor am I affiliated with them in any way, I just found an alternative to your profile needs. Profile rigs seems to be out of stock everywhere.

Upvote 0
Just heard back from Sim Lab... apparently, my order will ship next week now (no explanation for this further delay was provided). Last week, they said it would be this week. So, next week will be 7 weeks since placing the order and they're still advertising 3-4 week lead times.

If my order doesn't ship next week, I'm out and will simply build my own.

Sim Lab need to be honest and upfront with their customers and not promise what they clearly cannot deliver. Under promise and over deliver, not the other way around.

Extremely poor service.

A lost art :(

Upvote 0
Hi Guys!

Richard here from Simlab. We never encountered such a huge demand for our products. We are shipping daily 5-8 pallets of rigs. We are aware of the lead times and try to communicate it as accurately as possible, but its difficult to pinpoint them. Also, closing the shop isn't the best solution also.

Demon Tweeks we today pulled the plug out of their reseller account. They were taking orders without any stock and cannot fulfil their orders, leaving is with a bad image.

Any problems with orders please PM me.

Cheers,
Richard

Upvote 0
Hi Guys!

Richard here from Simlab. We never encountered such a huge demand for our products. We are shipping daily 5-8 pallets of rigs. We are aware of the lead times and try to communicate it as accurately as possible, but its difficult to pinpoint them. Also, closing the shop isn't the best solution also.

Demon Tweeks we today pulled the plug out of their reseller account. They were taking orders without any stock and cannot fulfil their orders, leaving is with a bad image.

Cheers,
Richard
I appreciate your reply Richard, I did try to contact Simlab directly. I am not sure DT had even ordered what I had paid for, it was a mess. Some are making the current situation worse.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Anyone else place an order on 1st June? I did and Monday will be 6-weeks since I placed the order and still no sign of anything being delivered. Lead time for 1st June orders is still being advertised as 3-4 weeks.

For anyone considering placing an order (when their shop reopens), take any lead times with a big pinch of salt.
I have made a few purchases from digital motorsports this week, great service from these guys and they have many Simlab items in stock if that helps you? www.digital-motorsports.com

Upvote 0
Hi Guys!

Cheers,
Richard

PM sent.

Upvote 0
I ordered a P1X and triple mount back in May through DT. I was told it would be delivered this week. I cancelled today, they had no idea when it would be delivered. I have ordered an SR V3, got to say it actually looks better. Well in my opinion at least.
https://www.sim-rigs.com
View attachment 386954

I ordered a rig and triple monitor stand from that company (sim-rigs.com) on 20th May after an email asking when i could expect delivery. I was told 7-10 days, which i did think was a tad optimistic!
Well after countless emails sent and lie after lie from the seller i have had to request a refund (the second time i have done so and the respective replies were - "its ready to be shipped to you tomorrow" and "its already out for delivery")
I was twice given tracking numbers that didnt exist which i had to live chat the courier company to find that out.
Then seller then turned up at my door....... with the wrong rig (the cheaper version of what i ordered and no monitor mount!
I would have waited for as long as it took to get my order but i dont appreciate getting constantly lied too so i cancelled.

Just a heads up, i genuinely do hope you have better luck with this company than i did.

Fingers crossed.

Upvote 0
I ordered a rig and triple monitor stand from that company (sim-rigs.com) on 20th May after an email asking when i could expect delivery. I was told 7-10 days, which i did think was a tad optimistic!
Well after countless emails sent and lie after lie from the seller i have had to request a refund (the second time i have done so and the respective replies were - "its ready to be shipped to you tomorrow" and "its already out for delivery")
I was twice given tracking numbers that didnt exist which i had to live chat the courier company to find that out.
Then seller then turned up at my door....... with the wrong rig (the cheaper version of what i ordered and no monitor mount!
I would have waited for as long as it took to get my order but i dont appreciate getting constantly lied too so i cancelled.

Just a heads up, i genuinely do hope you have better luck with this company than i did.

Fingers crossed.
Well that’s just burst my bubble! I have had some sim racing bad luck recently, looks Like it’s fingers crossed then. What did you end up going for?

Edit: Managed to get a refund. Do not use this company!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Sorry!! Wasn't my intention to put the fear in you, just letting folks know what kind of experience i had with that certain company.
Like i said, i would of patently waited for as long as it took to receive it (The wee man is a bit more impatient!!) but its just the way i was treated as a paying customer.

Good luck mate!

Upvote 0

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 102 12.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 78 9.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 79 9.8%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 52 6.4%