Sim-Lab Integrated Monitor Mount / DD System Experience

Hello Guys

I am currently looking to buy the SimLab Integrated Monitor Mount plus a Quad-Addon for a Monitor on top. I want to swap later to a Simucube 2 Pro and I am asking if anyone has such a system or similar and can tell me if the mount bounces a lot or not with such a DD System and if you can notice it. Problem is the current Space on my right to buy a monitor stand, so the integrated version looks currently like a better choice.

Also I am planing to Upgrade to new Monitors soon, I currently have 2x27" Monitors side by side but Iam looking to buy either a 32" as my Main and a 27" on top or a samsung odyssey g9 49" and a 27" on top. But since I would also be streaming, I heard that there are issues with the format and resolution of the Display.

The other option would be a 38" LG monitor as my main and a 27" on top. Any suggestions ? A Triple Setup is currently out of question, so either a 32", ultrawide + a 27" on top for Information like stream infos, etc.

Cheers :)

I have the integrated monitor mount on my P1-X to hold my 38 inch ultrawide and I use a DD1. I don't get any movement at all, is rock solid

Didn’t know you could attach it to p1-x. Which wheelbase mount do you have . I have frontmount so I don’t think I could attach integrated monitor mount anyway

Upvote 0
  • Deleted member 197115

Didn’t know you could attach it to p1-x. Which wheelbase mount do you have . I have frontmount so I don’t think I could attach integrated monitor mount anyway
Front wheel mount is bolted inside uprights and monitor mount on the outside, they do not interfere with each other.

Upvote 0
Front wheel mount is bolted inside uprights and monitor mount on the outside, they do not interfere with each other.
What he said.
I have the side mounts for the DD1 but the shelf type one should work too. A couple of pics. Sorry for the double up
IMG_20210531_193405518_copy_2080x1560.jpg
IMG_20210531_193405518_copy_2080x1560.jpg
IMG_20210531_193343756_copy_2080x1560.jpg
IMG_20210531_193320226_copy_1560x2080.jpg

Upvote 0
Thanks, nice setup BTW.
I thought the integrated mount didn't support P1-X and only GT1 EVO. I was buying P1-X last September. Perhaps they changed the mount at some point. It’s a neat solution, especially it’d support my 49’ Ultrawide, but I’m afraid for me it’s too late as I already bought an Ikea desk with regulated height. Although the monitor mount has the advantage that a monitor can be just behind a wheel. I think I can still return the desk.

BTW: P1-X uprights could be a bit higher. I have my wheel mounted as high as possible and would like it to be at least 10 cm higher. I can screw only bottom part of front mount’s brackets, but not sure if it’s good idea in therms of rigidly.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Thanks, nice setup BTW.
I thought the integrated mount didn't support P1-X and only GT1 EVO. I was buying P1-X last September. Perhaps they changed the mount at some point. It’s a neat solution, especially it’d support my 49’ Ultrawide, but I’m afraid for me it’s too late as I already bought an Ikea desk with regulated height. Although the monitor mount has the advantage that a monitor can be just behind a wheel. I think I can still return the desk.

BTW: P1-X uprights could be a bit higher. I have my wheel mounted as high as possible and would like it to be at least 10 cm higher. I can screw only bottom part of front mount’s brackets, but not sure if it’s good idea in therms of rigidly.
I have had the P1-X for almost 2 years now and have had the monitor mount for all that time.
I agree about the upright heights, they are a little short to provide a good range of freedom. I did look into getting longer ones last year to replace them but had no luck. Think I will try again though as the side mount I have sits at the very top of the uprights, didn't seem to affect rigidity but I am sure it must in some way. I do find the monitor bracket on the uprights does get in the way of the ability to move the keyboard attachment up and down. I think an upright with four rows of slots would fix this and also allow for a bit more freedom of movement for the wheelbase forwards and back as well.

Upvote 0
You can get higher uprights from SimLab. I think they can sell you any custom profiles. Not sure about four slot uprights though. I was thinking about standalone stand because it’s more universal (so is an IKEA desk, but a bit overkill in therms of space ) and anticipated integrated one could interfere with something (like your keyboard mount).
BTW: this isn’t SimLab keyboard mount isn’t it?

Upvote 0
  • Deleted member 197115

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0
You can get higher uprights from SimLab. I think they can sell you any custom profiles. Not sure about four slot uprights though. I was thinking about standalone stand because it’s more universal (so is an IKEA desk, but a bit overkill in therms of space ) and anticipated integrated one could interfere with something (like your keyboard mount).
BTW: this isn’t SimLab keyboard mount isn’t it?
I did not know that simlab sell different length uprights, that is good to know. Yes it is the simlab keyboard tray you can get it to swing fully of you have the monitor brackets higher up, which I did until a few days before I lowered it all a bit to drop the height of the wheelbase a bit for the round style steering wheel.

Upvote 0
It's this one. https://sim-lab.eu/shop/product/sla038-keyboard-tray-522?category=2#attr=
You can move monitor mount one slot farther back so it will stop interfering with keyboard mount vertical adjustment or mount keyboard on a side facing you, like this, but you'll get more limited swing this way, still enough to clear entrance.
View attachment 479221
Thanks. Maybe I’ll get one. For simracing it’s fine without it , but I plan to play flight sims too and keyboard is needed there. I see the profile to which the bottom of the tray is attached is part of the kit, right?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I did not know that simlab sell different length uprights, that is good to know. Yes it is the simlab keyboard tray you can get it to swing fully of you have the monitor brackets higher up, which I did until a few days before I lowered it all a bit to drop the height of the wheelbase a bit for the round style steering wheel.
Yes I if I remember correctly BoostedMedia or someone said you can order higher uprights. In general you can order custom length and width profiles from sim-lab.

I still wonder whether I should return IKEA desk and order the monitor stand from sim-lab instead. Integraded mount is neat solution and I could have a monitor hanging directly behind my wheel. Keyboard tray interference doesn't seem big problem, especially you can mount it on the side fronting you as @Andrew_WOT said. On the other hand standalone stand is universal and isn't more expensive.

Upvote 0
Yes I if I remember correctly BoostedMedia or someone said you can order higher uprights. In general you can order custom length and width profiles from sim-lab.

I still wonder whether I should return IKEA desk and order the monitor stand from sim-lab instead. Integraded mount is neat solution and I could have a monitor hanging directly behind my wheel. Keyboard tray interference doesn't seem big problem, especially you can mount it on the side fronting you as @Andrew_WOT said. On the other hand standalone stand is universal and isn't more expensive.
I ended up ordering two lengths from simlab last night, 15cm longer than the standard uprights. The integrated monitor stand is a very neat solution and it is rock solid too. The only thing I wish is that there is more backwards and forwards adjustment in it. I have it as far back as it will go bit ideally would still like it about 20cm further back. The other day I ordered the trak racer integrated monitor stand in order to do exactly this. My solution will end up with both the TR one and the simlab one combined to give me what I want.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I ended up ordering two lengths from simlab last night, 15cm lol get than the standard uprights. The integrated monitor stand is a very neat solution and it is rock solid too. The only thing I wish is that there is more backwards and forwards adjustment in it. I have it as far back as it will go bit ideally would still like it about 20cm further back. The other day I ordered the real racer integrated monitor stand in order to do exactly this. My solution will end up with both the TR one and the simlab one combined to give me what I want.
15 cm longer uprights is what I would also prefer. I think I’d be ok with small backwards adjustment, but that’s why I still consider standalone monitor stand as it gives more flexibility( but at the size cost).
You mean you ordered two integrated monitor mounts and will combine them to allow more backwards adjustment?

Upvote 0
15 cm longer uprights is what I would also prefer. I think I’d be ok with small backwards adjustment, but that’s why I still consider standalone monitor stand as it gives more flexibility( but at the size cost).
You mean you ordered two integrated monitor mounts and will combine them to allow more backwards adjustment?
I ordered a trak racer integrated monitor and use some of those components on my current integrated mount to give me the extra backwards and forwards movement I am after.

Upvote 0
I have the integrated mount, but found it too bulky, so I put together my own solution from some spare parts:
mount_2.jpg

mount_1.jpg

Very flexible regarding adjustments, and rock solid. In addition to the DD1 I have a Next Level Racing motion setup, and no problems with a 49" ultrawide monitor.

Upvote 0
My trak racer integrated monitor arrived, I hybridised it with the existing simlab one to come up with the solution below, I like it, not quite as bulky as the full TR one but has significantly more up, down, back, forward adjustment which is what I was after. Now just waiting for the longer uprights to arrive from simlab so I can have more up down adjustment for my wheelbase as well.
IMG_20210612_200053679_copy_1560x2080.jpg

IMG_20210612_200105996_copy_2080x1560.jpg

IMG_20210612_200042276_copy_1560x2080.jpg

Upvote 0

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back