Sim Lab GT1 Evo seat selection and mounting

Hi, I am planning to order the GT1 Evo rig in near future (I'm aware of current lead times), and the planning of seat selection and mounting is causing a headache:

I would like to combine with a GT Omega seat, but it is not obvious to me, if it is possible to bolt the seat straight into the rig, using the seat slider provided with the Omega seat (not bucket type). Anyone having experience with this combination?

My next concern is with the base height of the seat. If it is bolted directly to the rig it seems to me, the seating position will be very close to the floor. Potentially an ergonomics issue, relative to the pedal height. Are there any obvious solutions to raising the seat, when bolting is done top down and not on the sides of the seat?

Last edited:
You should be able to bolt the seat slider directly to the rig without issue. Slide the seat to the opposite extreme to expose the bolt holes on the ends of the slider rails and bolt to the rig. Not sure about the height - could always add more profile to build it up.

Upvote 0
You should be able to bolt the seat slider directly to the rig without issue. Slide the seat to the opposite extreme to expose the bolt holes on the ends of the slider rails and bolt to the rig. Not sure about the height - could always add more profile to build it up.

Thanks for the confirmation about the seat fixing. I was thinking along the same lines concerning increasing seat height. Unfortunately it seems Sim Lab does not sell 80x20 profile and brackets separately, which would have been awesome. Do you by chance know about any EU based online shops selling such pieces? thanks :)

Upvote 0

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back