Sim environemt

Peter Decker

PrestoGP Veteran
I've been wondering but never came up with this idea of asking: how have you all set up your racing environment? On the screen I mean (always interesting to know physical setups with screens, wheel etc also of course, posting of photos are welcome :thumbsup:).

Here's my screen (should clean the study-/play-/closet-room before any photos :D). I'm not too satisfied with the choice of info and placement - as I'm new to rf2, please give helping suggestions! :)

PDecker.jpg

photo.JPG
when i screen shot, the track map doesn't show on the picture. Anyone knows why? Also i've seen some replays that show trackmap and others don'T (not from me but from others drivers). WOuld be cool to know how to manage that.

Anyway, i took the easy way and grab a picture of my screen with my iPhone :) here's how i place things. I want to see the more chat possible so i don't put any in bottom left. When i'm testing tyre wear, i drag down the "wear" feature to the bottom left :thumbsup:

It may not be an issue to test tyres with FR3.5 but its a must with the ASR F1_1992. They burn so fast, got to figure out if you push hard and do more pit stops, or sacrifice lap times to save 1 stop. :) This mod is less arcade than it seems at first try hehe :)

Steeve

Last edited:
Nice input Steeve! I also couldnt get the trackmap caught with ingame screenshot but it worked with ordinary printscreent and then crop in mspaiN. ;)

I see you have moved FOV pretty much forward but cant see the mirrors - are those small top mirrors the same view as real mirrors? In general I feel it really hard to get visual awareness of other cars around sides and rear compared to r07. In r07 I could use lean left/right with instant 90 dgr rotation, but here my only two wheel buttons now have to deal with DRS and pit limiter. Also, the straight rear view mirror has a weird FOV compared to r07. That could be fine with time perhaps, but side-views are still the hardest, always afraid to crash during wheel-to-wheel action :unsure:

When it comes to testing, tyres just as an example, you are presto's designated pro test driver :)

Thanks for the tip with printscreen Peter, it works!

I can't tell if top mirrors are the same as real mirrors because i have never looked into real mirrors :) I like what i see in these top mirrors. Of course when side-by-side, i see nothing, but it always been like that for me in r07 also so.... i just leave room and hope the other car will do the same.

FYI, i have not test tyre in sao Paulo. I've been focussing on my F!_1992 season. It takes a lot of time to get the right setup for a long stint in these cars. Also depends a lot on how much rubber there is on track. As opposed to what i'd expect, tyres last much longer when there is grip (rubber on track). Silverstone is a tyre eater in F1_1992, i am thinking of 2 or 3 stops for a 60 minutes race. Encouraging, i still own the best lap time there.... ;)

http://legends-league.liveracers.com/Live?server=Legends-League

Steeve

where have you guys found those smaller versions of speed/temp/time/etc-dials? In trackmap? I can only find my big round thingy :(

And what res are you running? Your formula-car with tyre temps etc are much smaller than mine - I run 1680x1050

Here's my environment:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/w1a3dtfdinxxx62/GRAB_006.JPG?dl=0

As you can see it's a very clean horizon which is displayed in front of me, all informations are in the bottom so the racing line is the only thing to look at.
I also have much less information than all of you: I use the default LCD ingame with LCD Mode button to navigate between ranking/car statut/temperatures/etc.

When I need an info I just press mutliple time the LCD Mode button to see them.I don't need fuel consumption by lap, engine/oil/brakes temperatures and tire wear in real time: all of that is clear for me before the race.
Also, I don't need sector time, gap between my last lap and my PB race time.I've always proceeded like that.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 364 15.8%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 254 11.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 245 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 181 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 303 13.2%