PC2 Sim Discussion Monday - Project CARS 2

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Sim Discussion Monday - Project CARS 2 - 3.jpg

First day back in the office for many this morning, what better way to pass the time than have a good discussion about the new Project CARS game?

Now the dust is beginning to settle around the recent release of Project CARS 2, we thought it a good time to look deeper into the game, driven by our community, and share our findings and impressions from the heavily hyped new racing title from Slightly Mad Studios.

Do you have some useful tips for getting the most from the sim? Found a magic setting to really unlock the FFB? Got a trick up your sleeve that helps bring sharper graphics for little FPS trade off? Or do you simply want to share your most / least favourite car and track combinations?

So long as it remains on topic, respectful and mature, we want to know your thoughts!

Mondays be like...

Sim Discussion Monday - Project CARS 2 - 2.jpg
Sim Discussion Monday - Project CARS 2 - 4.jpg
Sim Discussion Monday - Project CARS 2.jpg

Yep I don't understand either how you can have a good opinion on a racing game in less than 2 hours. Steam refund time is too short. Especially with such games that out of the box are pretty bad. First impression was bad. Then I came here for tips on tweaking it. And at this point I'm already very happy with it. Drives ok and I expect it to be better after some more tweaking. Plus it looks so good in 3D.. Turns out graphics alone are a huge plus for me.

• Deleted member 99238

One of the first bugs that immediately struck the eye:
1. At night when it rains on replays the track does not look wet as in PC1.
2. Flashes of cameras in the stands without spectators.
3. Often the mouse is buggy in menu items.
4. Graphic artifacts on the spray from the car during the rain.
5. At night track appear dark areas that are not illuminated.

I tried it at the expo with a bodnar wheel. If you sell a game and call it a sim, but it makes a bodnar wheel feel worse than a G27, you should be <mod-edit: removed>.

Also, the video's about the AI (which is worse than AI in sims from 2003) are hilarious.

Last edited by a moderator:
@LTC_Mike thank you for your comments. I didn't know that Multiplayer has a workaround and I also didn't know about the setups. I will certainly try it more. Also you're right about comparing to other games. But as I noted, I didn't make assertions about realism of the game, I just merely pointed out that I have trouble controlling the car compared to that other game, which implies that I like how it handles in that other game.

I don't uderstand why people are so keen to call a game not-sim, just because it feels different than the other game they are currently playing and are used to it. Give it more time than two hours and then judge it. If you have tried it just to assure yourself your sim is the best, with no intent to actually play and enjoy it, then fair enough, have fun wih your game.

Anyway, when comparing PC2 (physics?) to Forza you are making a fool of yourself and one can't take you seriously anymore.

Totally agree, To say it's like Forza and easy for the console kiddies is just daft. I took the McLaren P1 around Bannochbrae in PC2 and PC2 for a direct comparison and in PC1 I could floor the throttle with more or less impunity, I've never driven a P1 (but I have ridden 600cc supersports road bikes and even on them you have to respect the throttle) but that's not how I'd expect a 900hp monster to behave.....TOTALLY different in PC2, squeeze that throttle too hard and the tyres will break traction as I'd expect, but the thing is it's controllable, some common sense throttle feathering and opposite lock brings things into line, not the fastest way to drive it but a LOT of challenging fun!...McLaren don't want people to DIE in their car.

edit for me personally I'm happy, some design choices are a tad baffleing but will hopefully be tweaked/adjusted in the coming patches. I keep hopping from the 288GTO in AC to the one in PC2 and having an absolute blast.

If devs are reading this thread, please check this:
<< Is it intended behavior? This type of collision physics dates back to original NFS Shift. I'm no expert, but this wouldn't happen very often in real life, right?

I tried it at the expo with a bodnar wheel. If you sell a game and call it a sim, but it makes a bodnar wheel feel worse than a G27, you should be shot, stabbed and hanged.

Also, the video's about the AI (which is worse than AI in sims from 2003) are hilarious.

They obviously didn't have it set up properly, I have an OSW and its handling heaven with Pcars 2 :)

I really only purchased pC2 for the Graphics, but secretly hoping the FFB / Car Handling Physics were going to be good as well...maybe with some more tweaking with Jack Spades FFB settings and more updates from SMS at a later date....but the graphics, for me personally are fantastic, and with the extra seasons that can be dialed in, makes for some interesting driving and awesome Photo opportunities....so I am happy with my purchase of pC2 and it is still early days yet and lots of updates to be had for improvements...in the mean time for my Sim racing pleasure I can fire up all the other great Sims I have installed waiting for PC2 to improve.
Edit: ...and a special shout out to the Livery artist/s...fantastic work

Last edited:
I don't uderstand why people are so keen to call a game not-sim, just because it feels different than the other game they are currently playing and are used to it. Give it more time than two hours and then judge it. If you have tried it just to assure yourself your sim is the best, with no intent to actually play and enjoy it, then fair enough, have fun wih your game.

Anyway, when comparing PC2 (physics?) to Forza you are making a fool of yourself and one can't take you seriously anymore.

I am comparing tit because its a 'game' like forza, that's no bad thing so calm down yeah. But clearly compared to RF2 PCars 2 is a game and the masses will lap it up just like they lap up forza.
Not stopping you liking it though unless you don't have a strong mind and can't cope that someones differing opinion of it can effect you so much.
If you or anyone else is happy with it then great, but i'm not so refunded it as its not quiet serious enough for me, a bit too shift 2 like and i grew out of that years ago.

Had a good go over the weekend coming from AC the best way is to use Jack Spade ffb files, after that everything changed and a bit closer to the feel i was used too. You can also bind a key on your wheel so you can control ffb level up or down.

Those turning their nose up on Pcars 2 need to work on themselves and learn to have an open mind, Gran turismo is arcade but was a path way for GT Academy and has produced real racing drivers faster than most of us. Pcars 2 offers so much than a lot of sims with the possibility to improve.

Loads of little bugs, SMS need to support this unlike Pcars 1 ...Am a AC fan but ultimately a Sim racing fan so when any title brings something new i'd give it some time.

Always say .....Having a good voice alone does not guarantee you to be a complete artist.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back